GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BamaChips Now sells Underdrive Pulleys...

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/06, 09:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I normally wait till I get some dyno numbers on parts before I begin selling them but it doesn't look like I'll ever get a chance to get back on the dyno...I actually have time scheduled for this saturday hopefully if the dyno is working.

Either way I have Underdrive Pulleys now and I've installed them on my car and they are a great increase in power and throttle feel. Now dont get me wrong they are no supercharger but still they make for a nice change in power and even a noticable quickness to how the engine revs. This is on my automatic so I'm sure they'd be even better on a manual.

Either way I have them in stock and sell them for $235 if anyone is interested. Just thought I'd let everyone know. They are a great quality peice too as I wouldn't sell them if they weren't.

Thanks Doug.
Old 1/25/06, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

You are always coming up with a way for me to spend my money Doug. Even my girlfriend isn't as effiecent at that as you are . What kind of UDP are they and how long is the install typically? No tune required I assume. Thanks again Doug for getting me that intake/tuner package, it works like a charm!
Old 1/26/06, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

So does that mean you'll be selling superchargers next?!?!
Old 1/26/06, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I am guessing you did not get a chance to test the WMS CAI either?
Old 1/26/06, 08:28 AM

Doug- What guessing as far as hp & tq increase?
Old 1/26/06, 10:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Firedude@January 26, 2006, 8:59 AM
I am guessing you did not get a chance to test the WMS CAI either?

I ordered a tune from Doug and I have the WMS intake. He is planning on dynoing a WMS equiped car this Saturday, 1/28, provided everything goes well with the dyno.

Doug rocks!
Old 1/26/06, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@January 26, 2006, 12:21 PM
I ordered a tune from Doug and I have the WMS intake. He is planning on dynoing a WMS equiped car this Saturday, 1/28, provided everything goes well with the dyno.

I was wondering when that was going to happen
Old 1/26/06, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Who makes the pullies?
Old 1/26/06, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm thinking about buying a CAI from Doug. Now I might be getting pulleys as well. I'm interested to see who makes them and what kind of power gains I can expect.

As for Doug selling super chargers. That would be awesome! I know Doug drives a Roush and I'm not a fan of their SC. If he goes KB or Saleen I might be down for one of those.
Old 1/26/06, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@January 26, 2006, 11:21 AM

Doug rocks!
How do you like the WMS so far? I am thinking about trading in my C&L for one. Looks like we have about the same mods. Get those headers on, you will love them .
Old 1/26/06, 05:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Firedude@January 26, 2006, 6:46 PM
How do you like the WMS so far? I am thinking about trading in my C&L for one. Looks like we have about the same mods. Get those headers on, you will love them .

I LOVE IT! My butt dyno tells me it's working great. And as others have said, at 4000 RPM it really kicks in giving you a nice push back into the seat. I have the standard 80MM version. There is a 95MM avail but that requires a tune which is why I didn't get it. At the time I never thought I'd go this far (exhaust and Bamachips tune). I guess I got bit by the mod bug

I'm waiting for someone to make a hood like the DCF Shelby hood but functional. That'll really wake up the intake!

I'm chompin at the bit to get this exhaust on.. does it sound close to the clip on JBA's website? Install should be about a week out.

Doug, who makes the pullies? I may add that to my order
Old 1/26/06, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guys,

I do have dynotime scheduled and confirmed today, the dyno is back up and operational. I will have the WMS kit in 80mm and a 95mm Racer version to test. I have a C&L kit here too that is actually sold but I may throw it on to do a comparison between the C&L and the WMS kit. Still for my money I would go and stay with the C&L as the WMS kit requires you to move the coolant tank and cut the wiring to your MAF. I've bought a Diablo Mafia and set it up for no correction so I can use it as a MAF extension harness so I dont have to cut my wiring.

I'll install my UDP's too, they are ASP brand, the company that has built and sold pullies for years now. I can get the BamaChips name on them but I have to order like 20 sets, so I've just got a few sets to start with to test the waters nd if things go well then I'll do the name plate deal.

Should be a fun day at the dyno, I'll keep everyone posted. And I just may have a S/C kit up my sleeve but I can't give out all of my secrets....

Thanks, Doug.
Old 1/26/06, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Doug904@January 26, 2006, 7:56 PM
And I just may have a S/C kit up my sleeve but I can't give out all of my secrets....

Well Doug, how about you get it out of your sleeve for all of us to see! I guess I should hold off on the CAI and pully for a little while longer.
Old 1/26/06, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am waiting for Doug to post "BamaChips Now sells Cams with several grinds available..." or something along those lines......
Old 1/27/06, 08:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

It's great to see Doug adding stuff to his business. Just a sign of it growing and I hope one day it will be is full time gig.
Old 1/27/06, 08:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by bpmurr@January 27, 2006, 9:03 AM
It's great to see Doug adding stuff to his business. Just a sign of it growing and I hope one day it will be is full time gig.

Old 1/27/06, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@January 26, 2006, 6:06 PM
I LOVE IT! My butt dyno tells me it's working great. And as others have said, at 4000 RPM it really kicks in giving you a nice push back into the seat. I have the standard 80MM version. There is a 95MM avail but that requires a tune which is why I didn't get it. At the time I never thought I'd go this far (exhaust and Bamachips tune). I guess I got bit by the mod bug

I'm waiting for someone to make a hood like the DCF Shelby hood but functional. That'll really wake up the intake!

I'm chompin at the bit to get this exhaust on.. does it sound close to the clip on JBA's website? Install should be about a week out.

Doug, who makes the pullies? I may add that to my order
I have flows but should be close to what you will have. It will be LOUD. I like it but my neighbors don't. Sounds real good at upper rpm's.
Oh yeah. Don't fight it. Let the Mod bug eat away.
Old 1/27/06, 12:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doug, glad to see you are growing. Now, when are you going to update your website so we can see all this cool stuff?

-Darth

:jedi:
Old 1/27/06, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Darth Stang@January 27, 2006, 1:52 PM
Doug, glad to see you are growing. Now, when are you going to update your website so we can see all this cool stuff?

-Darth

:jedi:

That's in the works too. I have a new site being built as we speak with a online store to help streamline the buying process. I've outgrown two sites in one year so I definatly need this.

Thanks! Doug.
Old 1/27/06, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Waiting with baited breath for the WMS results.

Quick Reply: BamaChips Now sells Underdrive Pulleys...