GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BamaChips, Hurricane Katrina, GP and you..

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/05, 12:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I FINALLY have power!! You'd think working for a power company I'd have a better line at it, nope.

Anyway, let me first say thank you to all of those for your wonderful supporting emails. I work for Alabama Power during the day as a fleet mechanic and since the storm we've had to work 16 hour days and then come home for 8 hours rest provision and come back. That's 8 hours from when you leave the shop till the time your expected back.

So, with that said I'm talking to you guys at 1:46am and I have to be at work at 9am.

The Group Purchase, if I have received an email with a date of August 31st or earlier then you will still get the X-cal 2 at the GP price as I take that as an order. Now this doesn't apply if you just emailed me for information and want to place your order later this month or next. This is for those who wanted to get in on the GP pricing before the 31st.

Now, with that said I may have to go out of town starting Saturday or Sunday to go to Merdian to further help in the restoration services and relief efforts.

If you've already sent your money in for an X-2 then yours will ship by Friday of this week. If you pay before Friday of this week then your's too MAY ship, depending on what I have left in stock. After Friday of this week I'm going to TEMPORARILY close BamaChips while I'm away on the storm. Please don't take this in the wrong context as I'll be back within a week or two and will resume business as usual from there.

Actually, this was kinda a secret but I was supposed to place the order for my 06' GT this Saturday! The dealer I've been working with has found me two in the exterior color and even interior trim package that I want along with the GT option and dont hate me but Automatic transmission. Figures that I'd be away on a storm huh? My luck, but it's more money for the downpayment I guess.

Don, I know that you despritly want a X-cal 2 by 9-9, i have your email and will be calling you tomorrow, 9-2, during the day.

Finally, I must say thank you all for being so very supportive of me in this time with my business and my family. The storm knocked out my power and did some small damage to my garage and house but I've got it patched up for now and hope to get some time to repair it in full before I go away on the storm effort.

Even those of you who aren't my customers have been the greatest but please remember I'm not in pain as those in and around southern Louisana,Mississippi, and Alabama. Please help these people out as much as you can with your local charaty and in any other way you see fit.

Thanks, Doug904.
Old 9/1/05, 06:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Doug,

Glad to hear you & your family are OK. Again, you are showing/proving your unsurpast customer service and dedication.

For those in queue with orders for your tunes and/or SCT2, they are fixing to have permanent happy smiles on their face every time they drive their cars.

For those undecided or don't make the temporary cut off, all I can say is be patient, it will be well worth the temporary delay, 1-2 weeks is nothing.

Considering the situation in the Southeast, we all need to count our blessings, this is a National Disaster. Many people have been killed, many have NOTHING but the clothes on their back. It just puts Life, Happiness, etc in Perspective.

I think we all can wait 1-2 weeks for a "desire", if not, we really need to check our morals and slip into the shoes (if they have any) of all the people affected by this disaster.

When you get back I would like to talk to you about something I'd like to do, but put me at the VERY END of the line after everyone else is taken care of.
Old 9/1/05, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the update Doug. No worries with my order, get to it when you can. As a fellow Southern Company employee (GA Power), thanks for all your doing with the storm efforts. Take care of yourself.

John
Old 9/1/05, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doug, I'm glad to hear that the serious damage missed you. And I fully understand how busy you are going to be. Storm recovery is much more important. We wish you nothing but the best.

And... there's nothing wrong with getting an automatic trans in your '06.