GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bamachips Help!!!

dougs a standup guy thanks!!!
Old 1/16/08, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
hey guys, i ordered a tune from doug @ bamachips on sunday jan. 6th. i got a order update that said .....

comments for your order are: sent
your order has been updated to the following status:
new status:delivered

please reply to this email f you have any questions.

so, i replied on jan.8th when i received this email, as this is the first time that ive tried to get an emailed tune to my laptop. i STILL havent received a response. there is nothing in that email for me to download or anything for my predator tuner. is this typical of the cusomer service to not reply to a email from over a week ago and an order from almost two? does anybody have a number for this place? i am so disheartened about this because i dont know of anybody else who everyone claims is good at the emailed tunes for the diablosport that im almost ready to say screw it and buy a sct and go with brenspeed because ive never had anything but good luck with them (although ive never got a custom tune from them). I dont want to pay to put he car on a dyno until i can afford a supercharger because from what im told by the local diablo tuner its $250 an hour for the dyno (no more than two hours he says)and $150 for the tune (potentially $650 for a tune).
I personally haven't dealt with bama but I know the tunes are great. It's just that they are busy as hell. ALWAYS. So getting ahold of doug is really hard.
Edit:
Actually that's one of the main reasons I went with brenspeed instead. Not saying one is better than the other but I didn't want to have to wait as long to get it, or as long if I needed help
Old 1/16/08, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
I personally haven't dealt with bama but I know the tunes are great. It's just that they are busy as hell. ALWAYS. So getting ahold of doug is really hard.
I HAVE dealt with Doug, and yes, his tunes are phenominal, but he IS a busy man, so give it some time. I would drop another email over there and just let him know that you got your order confirmation, but no tune file, and give it a bit. I know Doug flies around the country doing tuning, and has had issues in the past with his ISP provider. In short, that means that he may not have email access for a while, and has a huge backlog to sift through.

Trust me, it's worth the wait, though!
Old 1/16/08, 10:23 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
Also realize, that he's a one man operation as well. That being said, if your unable to reach him via e-mail.

Then contact him by telephone. The phone number is listed on his website.
Old 1/17/08, 02:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
his tunes are definitely worth it, but yes, its a pita to get ahold of him. if you catch him at the right time, you can actually email back and forth for a day or 2, but after that, its a good week or more.

try calling him. i know his phone # was having some probs. so if its just rings and rings, then its still messed up. also, try towards the end of HIS work day. seems to be a good time that he answers.

as everyone else has said, he is a busy boy..
Old 1/17/08, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Doug is a great guy and will take care of you, his tunes are bar none. His internet was down for awhile but it should be back up by now. I got my update on Monday and took a few days. I didn't mind because he is a great guy. His phone number should be on the E-mail he sent you.
Keep in mind he is a one man show and very busy so if you know you need an update, e-mail him as soon as possible. Good luck!
Old 1/17/08, 08:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll echo what everyone else has said .........HE'S BUSY!!!!!!!!!! His tunes are great and because of that he is swamped. I have an SCT and he emailed me numerous tunes with no problem. You just have to be patient. He will be here in Oklahoma City next Wednesday the 23rd. PM me with your info and let me know if you haven't heard from him by then. I'll give him the message when he's here.
Old 1/17/08, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Dougs Predator tunes rock! +1 to what everyone else said also about reaching him.
Old 1/17/08, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

You know I really like Doug, I have his 93Race tuned installed and have had it installed for practically the whole time I've owned my GT which is going on 8 months (3K miles) yes its a daily driver, I just don't drive very far to and from work lol

Hers my beef though......................................

Customer Service is my top requirement from a company I choose to do business with. I am willing to pay more if I know Customer Service is top notch. When I get the feedback back that Doug is busy, very busy and we need to just deal with that, that makes me nuts. I know busy means business is great for Doug but if it means degraded service to me, thats not good. I've had some challenge getting a hold of Doug but not as bad as what people now seem to be experiencing. Not sure I could deal with what I hear about now.

I just ordered a tune from Brenspeed, it was a fantastic experience, expectations were set and have been fulfilled. Their customer service is top notch and easily in the top companies I do business with.

It will be interesting to see if I can feel (butt-o-meter) a difference in the tunes between Brenspeed and Bama.
Old 1/17/08, 10:50 PM
GT Member

i thought 2 weeks waiting for an emailed tune was ridiculous but it sounds now like his is the norm for bama. I really hope that this tune is worth it. i guess if i decide to get a supercharger than i will buy the tune a month early instead so that i have a nice safe tune until i can get to the dyno and get a custom one for my car.
Old 1/17/08, 11:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Odd, mine did not take a full week, just a few days. Try calling him and/or sending another e-mail for an update.
Old 1/18/08, 12:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing I'd like to add in Doug's defense......... He is currently training a new employee. I talked to him last week and they were in the middle of Doug showing him the in's and out's of the SCT software. Once this new guy gets on his feet you all will probably start getting faster responses from Doug.
Old 1/18/08, 12:18 AM
GT Member

does anybody have the number to bama? i looked on the site and i dont see it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 1/18/08, 12:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
205-302-0231
Old 1/18/08, 05:09 AM
GT Member

thanks...ill try to call him today!!
Old 1/18/08, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

I waited three weeks and got nothing this is just unacceptable i dont care how good your tunes are. I cancelled order and went with brenspeed couldnt be happier.This was a year ago and nothings has changed since.
Old 1/18/08, 07:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by balboa
I waited three weeks and got nothing this is just unacceptable i dont care how good your tunes are. I cancelled order and went with brenspeed couldnt be happier.This was a year ago and nothings has changed since.
So Chris how do you like your Brenspeed tune? Can you give us a brief overview of the tune Brenspeed provided?

Thanks
Old 1/18/08, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by philster2003
So Chris how do you like your Brenspeed tune? Can you give us a brief overview of the tune Brenspeed provided?

Thanks
I got mine from brenspeed and it was great. Got it fast and the customer service was top notch. I had some problems with my ecm and they straightened it right out and sent me another one that would work. It ran great with it and I could feel a difference. A bit of tweeqing on the dyno and I got even more out of it. Overall 10/10.
Old 1/18/08, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
I got mine from brenspeed and it was great. Got it fast and the customer service was top notch. I had some problems with my ecm and they straightened it right out and sent me another one that would work. It ran great with it and I could feel a difference. A bit of tweeqing on the dyno and I got even more out of it. Overall 10/10.
Exactly the same experience. I would recommend them to everyone i meet driving a mustang if they dont already know.
Old 1/18/08, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Flip a coin, the tunes are going to be about the same between Brenspeed and Bama, I prefer my Bama race tune because it has some more personality to it IMO. either way you can not go wrong.

Quick Reply: Bamachips Help!!!