GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bamachips Christmas/December specials..

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/07, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bamachips Christmas/December specials..

Hey guys,

First off Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Bamachips!

Now, with that said the specials for the month of December, starting today until January 1st, are too many to list...First off Free Shipping on EVERYTHING!

From there I've lowered my X-cal and Predator pricing to $379.

Dropped all of my tune prices, for the 05-up owners they are as follows..$50 for a single tune or $115 for three, this includes the Race tune.

On combo CAI/tuners there are different prices but basically the JLT combo's are $525, the C&L street Combos are $649 and the Racer combos are $589. These too are all with free shipping to anywhere in the US and Canada.

I hope to everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Doug.
Old 12/3/07, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice deals to be had! I wish I had waited a month to order.
Old 12/3/07, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

These discounts go for my tuning session tomorrow right Doug?
Old 12/3/07, 12:08 PM

Your a hard man to reach Doug...I put on a new torque converter and new tires on my car and sent you an email about 3 weeks ago for a new tune for the mods but no one replied. So can you plz help me.
Old 12/3/07, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Phorty
Nice deals to be had! I wish I had waited a month to order.
Yeah, same here Though I just might have to take advantage of the three tunes special

Doug, do you do tunes for the DeMolet Tunable Induction CAI?
Old 12/3/07, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSnakeMoan
Your a hard man to reach Doug...I put on a new torque converter and new tires on my car and sent you an email about 3 weeks ago for a new tune for the mods but no one replied. So can you plz help me.
Sorry about that Doug. I just saw your post on my thread concerning the same subject. Thank you for your help.
Old 12/3/07, 03:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just took advantage of the 3-tune special!! Can't wait to load them in!!!
Old 12/3/07, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Doug,
If I purchase the X-cal and Predator for $379 from you, does that include the 3 tunes? Also do you have tunes for a K&N CAI?
I've got an 08 GT
Thanks
LJS
Old 12/3/07, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

What tunes are in the package? for $115. What would be the purpose of needing more than one tune if you do not race?

Thanks!
Old 12/3/07, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GTMark052
Yeah, same here Though I just might have to take advantage of the three tunes special

Doug, do you do tunes for the DeMolet Tunable Induction CAI?
Yes he does!

Tim
Old 12/4/07, 04:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Tim
Old 12/4/07, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8905GT
What tunes are in the package? for $115. What would be the purpose of needing more than one tune if you do not race?

Thanks!
Umm...Never had mine on a strip or road course...I run 91 race tune...

Once you get it loaded, you never look back...
Old 12/5/07, 06:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by MR-STANG
Doug,
If I purchase the X-cal and Predator for $379 from you, does that include the 3 tunes? LJS
x2 on this question
Old 12/5/07, 09:58 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
x2 on this question
i would think it includes the tunes, but let the man himself answer...race tune is necessary
Old 12/5/07, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

yes, if you buy a tuner from doug, you get 3 tunes of your choice!
Old 12/5/07, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mach
Umm...Never had mine on a strip or road course...I run 91 race tune...

Once you get it loaded, you never look back...

So lets say I go with the 91 race tune, then there is no need for any other tunes just for a daily driver?
Can you change the tune to 89 by changing the timing or do you have to buy an 89 race tune instead or may be there one in the same???
Old 12/5/07, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

can anyone tell me why the racer combo, would be cheaper than the street one.....and would these work with my 3.31 ratio or do i have to change it up to at least 3.55?
Old 12/5/07, 09:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Loaded up my Bamatunes in the xcal yesterday, put the 89 torq in the car, drove it around a little before work, then drove it to work, LOVE IT!!! Then drove it to work, way fun!! On the way home, though, well, lets say I'm glad I just loaded the 89 tune!! It SNOWED!!! At least 1/2" (not a lot) but it sure made driving interesting!! (Now you know why I only went to the 89 tune!!!) BTW, THANKS DOUG!!
Old 12/6/07, 05:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8905GT
So lets say I go with the 91 race tune, then there is no need for any other tunes just for a daily driver?
Can you change the tune to 89 by changing the timing or do you have to buy an 89 race tune instead or may be there one in the same???
You can choose the 3 tunes you desire, preloaded, when you purchase the tuner from Bamachips. I chose the 87 performance, 91 torque, 91 race. We do have 89 available but I chose the 87 to use if gas prices go through the roof, and have not loaded the 91 torque since it focuses on low end power. The 91 race tune enhances throughout the entire range. I have an auto and the only negative found to this point is that it sometimes sticks in third a bit longer when driving around 35mph. To change from one to the other, is simply a matter of reflash. Takes about 5 minutes but you need to have the correct fuel in your tank when you do it.

The C&L Racer, while slightly larger airflow, is made of plastic and Street is made of cast alloy. It is my assumption that the alloy is more expensive to produce than the plastic counterpart. I ordered the Street and was sent the Racer by mistake. After installing the Racer, (I could not wait to try it out once it arrived) it appears to match the engine compartment somewhat better than the Street. With the cost savings and increased airflow, I had no problem making my decision to keep it rather than swap it for the Street.

As to the gearing question, when you purchase the tuner, one of the questions that Doug asks is what your gearing is along with other mods you may have on the agenda. Some are changeable in the tuner, such as tire size/diameter, and some must be set when doing setup of the tuner. I have been told, although never need to do so, that you can send the tuner back to Doug if you swap to 4.10 or whatever. I will say that it is somewhat difficult to make contact with Doug but he seems like a great, knowledgeable guy, just really busy.

Please keep in mind I am no expert and hopefully Doug will chime in here at some point as well... The good part is there are lots of threads about these topics. It is time well spent if you wish to learn more before pulling the trigger.
Old 12/6/07, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mach
You can choose the 3 tunes you desire, preloaded, when you purchase the tuner from Bamachips. I chose the 87 performance, 91 torque, 91 race. We do have 89 available but I chose the 87 to use if gas prices go through the roof, and have not loaded the 91 torque since it focuses on low end power. The 91 race tune enhances throughout the entire range. I have an auto and the only negative found to this point is that it sometimes sticks in third a bit longer when driving around 35mph. To change from one to the other, is simply a matter of reflash. Takes about 5 minutes but you need to have the correct fuel in your tank when you do it.

How much better is the 91 race tune from doug over the 91 tune from C&L for their street kit, any one have HP #'s?

Can the user tweak a custom tune?

Edit:

used the search function!!! yay me! but could not find the above answers

Quick Reply: Bamachips Christmas/December specials..