GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bad Idle + Stalling...Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/08, 09:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Idle + Stalling...Any ideas?

Hey Everyone,

So a little while ago my car just started stalling everytime I pushed the clutch in. It would restart fine but then stall again at the next stop. So I took apart the intake system, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the TB put it back together, disconnected the battery, reloaded my tune and did the idle relearn process. They car no longer stalls but when I am at a stop light with the cluth in, the RPM will drop to around 400 like it wants to stall and then recover. It does this all the time now. I have a JLT CAI and DLP Tune. Any ideas as to what might be causing it?

Thanks
Old 10/31/08, 09:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

sounds like the tune needs to be adjusted.

whats a DLP tune?
Old 10/31/08, 09:45 AM
GT Member

Oops, I meant Dyno Tuned Performance tune. The tune has been in the car for 2 years with no problems. This only started recently happening.
Old 10/31/08, 11:15 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

The car has to be driven approx. 10 miles for the ECM to relearn the idle.
If that's been done, then make sure all of the CAI's connections have no vacuum leaks.
Old 10/31/08, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I had a similar problem where if I pushed the clutch in while cruising or coming up to a stop , the RPM's would drop to zero and the car would stall. It's been sometime ago , so I don't really remember if it happened at idle or not. Steeda adjusted my tune where it didn't completely stall , but it still wasn't right and the RPM's would still drop lower than normal until till I completely stopped and then rise back up to normal. Then I started having some other problems with my S/C and while trying to fix them , they determined I had a bad throttle body and replaced it. When they did my idle returned to normal and it hasn't happened again. I too had cleaned the TB and MAF sensors and it didn't help , it took replacing the TB. Don't know if yours is the same problem or not ...