GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Back to Stock :(

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/08, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to Stock :(

Last night while I was driving, Shanaynay went back into limp home mode.
I was pretty fed up with trying to figure out what was wrong, so I put the stock box back in and tuned her back to 87 stock.

She runs so sloooww now.
I don't want to deal with the issues of modding, but I can't drive her stock, it's TOO SLOW

I don't know what to do
Old 2/12/08, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

change your tuner!
Old 2/12/08, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What mods? What tune? We need more info.
Old 2/12/08, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

It was just a standard C&L CAI and Bama 91 torque tune.
Old 2/12/08, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by n00bstang
Have you tried to call Doug and give him any codes? I have his torque tune and a Bullitt CAI and have no problems. Although I only have a very few miles on the CAI/tune combo. But I've been running his tunes on both the street and track since last summer with no issues.
Old 2/12/08, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by n00bstang

Hey Kevin,
I have been running a C&L for about 2 1/2 years now. If you have installed it correctly there should not be any issue there. I see you have Doug's torque tune. I have read from a number of people there might be an issue with that tune. I have Doug's 93 performance tune and it runs like a raped ape. It is more than likely something in Doug's tune is not right. Contact Doug and maybe get his performance tune. Or roll the dice and spend another $75 bucks and try Brenspeeds tune. I also have his 93 tune and it is equal to Doug's. Just my opinon!!
Scott
Old 2/12/08, 03:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

My 89 Torque tune has run fine since I installed it about 2 months ago, daily driven. Maybe Doug is having some issues though, I just hope not!!
Old 2/12/08, 05:34 PM
V6 Member

I have the C&L racer and Bama 91 Race. No problems at all. Wish it was decent here in Iowa to drive the Mustang, because I have a 91 torque also, and could try it out for ya. Do you have other tunes you could try?
Old 2/12/08, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Kevin,
I have been running a C&L for about 2 1/2 years now. If you have installed it correctly there should not be any issue there. I see you have Doug's torque tune. I have read from a number of people there might be an issue with that tune. I have Doug's 93 performance tune and it runs like a raped ape. It is more than likely something in Doug's tune is not right. Contact Doug and maybe get his performance tune. Or roll the dice and spend another $75 bucks and try Brenspeeds tune. I also have his 93 tune and it is equal to Doug's. Just my opinon!!
Scott
I agree..I have read on this, and dare I say other forums, that many people are having problems with the torque tune from Bama..everyone seems happy with all their other tunes but whenever someone talks about a bad Bama tune it always seems to be the trq tune
Old 2/12/08, 08:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ran dougs 91 performance for a year and a half with no problems, try to load a different tune..
Old 2/12/08, 09:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

+1 to everyone. Dont give up. Talk to Doug or contact Brenspeed for some new tunes.
Old 2/12/08, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

My 93 Torq tune from Doug runs like a toilet as well. I have no problems whatsoever with his 93 Race tune. All I can say is email or call him to help you out. Maybe get him to send you his Race or Performace tune in exchange. Maybe the best thing to do is get a custom dyno tune from someone local to you. Nothing better than a tune specifically for your car. I should of went this way in the beginning but like I said, Doug's 93 Race tune is pretty good if you go with an email tune.
Old 2/12/08, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've never used any purchased tunes so I can't say much about them, but I can say that I've been running custom dyno tunes with no problems. I can recommend Greg at RET, he's probably only 10-15 miles from you.
Old 2/12/08, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK, you guys that don't like Doug's torque tune, what issues are you having with it? I thought mine ran good, but it looks like there are enough problems out there that maybe I need to take a closer look at mine. Are the problems very obvious?
Old 2/13/08, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JonW
OK, you guys that don't like Doug's torque tune, what issues are you having with it? I thought mine ran good, but it looks like there are enough problems out there that maybe I need to take a closer look at mine. Are the problems very obvious?
My 93 Torq tune basically runs like if my car was stock. The throttle response is the same and the low and high ends feel exactly like it did the first day I drove it off the lot. I emailed Doug, and since I'm using the Predator tuner, he said that he doesn't have an updated tune (like he did for my 93 Race) for the Pred yet. So, I'm out $75 or until he updates it whenever that will be. He didn't even make an effort to offer any support for my issue. God I hate to rant and vent....lol.
Old 2/13/08, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to agree with not liking the torque tune... I recently switched my Race tune to the Torque tune from Bama and the Torque is just weird... The throttle response seems to be WORSE than when my car was stock... I emailed Doug but have not gotten a response back... O well back to race tune...
Old 2/13/08, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Nevermind what I said... Just checked my email and had an email from Doug with a tweaked 93 Torque tune! Gotta download it then try it!
Old 2/13/08, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

One thing that everyone must remember is that Doug may have some help, but he's still just one guy. If you do have a problem, be patient, if you can, and let him try to fix it. Also, have any of you guys tried reloading your tune, after unplugging the batt. and resetting the computer?
Old 2/13/08, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hiznherponies
One thing that everyone must remember is that Doug may have some help, but he's still just one guy. If you do have a problem, be patient, if you can, and let him try to fix it. Also, have any of you guys tried reloading your tune, after unplugging the batt. and resetting the computer?
I had tried all the methods of reloading the tune but nothing seemed to help. The new tune he sent me is a beast. Everything that seemed to be missing in the Torque tune is all there now. Plentiful amounts! The butt dyno really registered off the charts. The throttle response is quick and clean and the down low torque is amazing. It took him a little while to get back to me but I never had a doubt on Doug. Hes made me one happy customer from day 1 and I will be a repeat customer in the future!
Old 2/13/08, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I might get one of Brenspeeds tune and Have both Dougs and Brents tunes in my SCT and run in at the track... To try to compare and contrast the 2. Has anyone done this yet?

Quick Reply: Back to Stock :(