GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Autometer DPSS install

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/07, 05:55 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Autometer DPSS install

Just install my new DPSS, talked to VSOP and Flamin Ponyexpress about how they installed theirs. They both used the Tach adaptor from Autometer and I just tapped into the last coil wire on the Driver's side like you would on a Raptor install. All is working fine but I'm worried that I might burn something up by not using the adaptor ($70+ more). Has anybody else not used the adaptor or have any other options.
Ebay has a couple of adaptors going for around $10/15.

Any other opinions????

Thanks to VSOP and Flamin Ponyexpress for their quick replys and I'm not doubting your knowledge on this subject just trying to get all the ideas out and convince myself to buy the adaptor.
Old 3/22/07, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dly
Just install my new DPSS, talked to VSOP and Flamin Ponyexpress about how they installed theirs. They both used the Tach adaptor from Autometer and I just tapped into the last coil wire on the Driver's side like you would on a Raptor install. All is working fine but I'm worried that I might burn something up by not using the adaptor ($70+ more). Has anybody else not used the adaptor or have any other options.
Ebay has a couple of adaptors going for around $10/15.

Any other opinions????

Thanks to VSOP and Flamin Ponyexpress for their quick replys and I'm not doubting your knowledge on this subject just trying to get all the ideas out and convince myself to buy the adaptor.
No problem, glad to be able to help ....

Far as useing or not useing the tach adapter ,your on your on,I hope everything works alright for you. The techs @ Auto Meter are great in customer service ,If nothing else I would call them and ask. The main thing is you don't want to void the warranty on the DPSS shift light. lol

James