GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

ARH Headers Installed - Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/07, 08:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep, numbers seem way off. My 05 with xcal/jlt/hpipe netted a 290/311 number.
Old 7/25/07, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor

Lou, I do always like to leave my tunes just a tad rich. It's safer, and I revise tunes for free so I'd always rather pull a little bit of fuel than go lean and make fireworks. So far we're having really good responses. I'm glad you got to tweak it a little bit and get more power! Those numbers are great, and I'm sure the weather was sticky down there!

Lowe, I'm shooting for 315/320 with that new tune. I pulled enough fuel to get you up near 12.5-12.6 and threw some spark at it. That things going to be alot different!

Numbers look good fellas!

CR
Old 7/25/07, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Lou, I do always like to leave my tunes just a tad rich. It's safer, and I revise tunes for free so I'd always rather pull a little bit of fuel than go lean and make fireworks. So far we're having really good responses. I'm glad you got to tweak it a little bit and get more power! Those numbers are great, and I'm sure the weather was sticky down there!
CR
As I would expect also. No need to explain. I have the datalog for you to tweak off of. I just had not had the time to send it yet. I have been preoccupied with switching out the SLP LM's for the stock mufflers. I love the loud but not the holly ****e loud at WOT not to mention the trumpets. So back to quite for a while until I decide what to do. I will send you the datalog as soon as I can for some tweaking of the tune. Your 87octane tune now holds the record at Fastlane Motorsports for the most HP.
Old 7/25/07, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pebkac
As I would expect also. No need to explain. I have the datalog for you to tweak off of. I just had not had the time to send it yet. I have been preoccupied with switching out the SLP LM's for the stock mufflers. I love the loud but not the holly ****e loud at WOT not to mention the trumpets. So back to quite for a while until I decide what to do. I will send you the datalog as soon as I can for some tweaking of the tune. Your 87octane tune now holds the record at Fastlane Motorsports for the most HP.
No problem man, I'd love to check out those datalogs and I'll send over the revised tune. LOL! I'm a record holder! I'm glad it's working out for you though, I'll await the email!

CR
Old 7/26/07, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lowe, I'm shooting for 315/320 with that new tune. I pulled enough fuel to get you up near 12.5-12.6 and threw some spark at it. That things going to be alot different!

Numbers look good fellas!

CR
I'm hitting the Dyno in 2 days (this Saturday). Got a 9:30am slot, so hopefully the temps will be better than last time. I've been running on that last tune you sent me for a couple of months now, so I'm sure the ECU may have tweaked whatever you left for it to tweak (that adaptive learning stuff). I'm hoping to at least get over 310rwhp, but I hope you are closer!! This will be on a new DynoJet jet. I'll let y'all know!!
Old 7/26/07, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lowe!
I'm hitting the Dyno in 2 days (this Saturday). Got a 9:30am slot, so hopefully the temps will be better than last time. I've been running on that last tune you sent me for a couple of months now, so I'm sure the ECU may have tweaked whatever you left for it to tweak (that adaptive learning stuff). I'm hoping to at least get over 310rwhp, but I hope you are closer!! This will be on a new DynoJet jet. I'll let y'all know!!
Jim, keep me posted, as I eventually will take my car down to CR to have the new C & L intake and tune dyno'ed to perfection. I'm striving for anything over 300 to the wheels with the C & L, 93 tune, and my L/Ts.

Hey CR, did you get in the new building yet? Just want to know where your doing the dyno runs?
Old 7/26/07, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a moot point now, obviously, but the dyno results would be much more informative if you had done a baseline run prior to the mods. Also, an AFR of 13.6:1 is probably costing you a minimal amount of power.
Old 7/26/07, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
It's a moot point now, obviously, but the dyno results would be much more informative if you had done a baseline run prior to the mods. Also, an AFR of 13.6:1 is probably costing you a minimal amount of power.
Yea, that AFR should be around 11's - mid 12's the most.. my AFR's are around 11 - 11.5's across the RPM range...
Old 7/26/07, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Jim, keep me posted, as I eventually will take my car down to CR to have the new C & L intake and tune dyno'ed to perfection. I'm striving for anything over 300 to the wheels with the C & L, 93 tune, and my L/Ts.

Hey CR, did you get in the new building yet? Just want to know where your doing the dyno runs?
We're almost a go on the new location.. I can't talk about it just yet because some of the local businesses act like girls.

You should be close to 300, you might need to get deletes in there with the trueflow intake. Should definetly be achievable, though.

You will be one of the first people I call, trust me!

Thanks Jeff!

CR
Old 7/26/07, 10:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress
Yea, that AFR should be around 11's - mid 12's the most.. my AFR's are around 11 - 11.5's across the RPM range...
I always shot for low to mid 12's FI and low 13's NA. Is that different in these 4.6s? 11's is pretty rich! I ran 12.x:1 with 10# boost in my KB '95 GT for a couple of years with no probs.
Old 7/27/07, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

No problem man, I'd love to check out those datalogs and I'll send over the revised tune. LOL! I'm a record holder! I'm glad it's working out for you though, I'll await the email!

CR
Sent you a PM
Old 7/27/07, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ttbit
I always shot for low to mid 12's FI and low 13's NA. Is that different in these 4.6s? 11's is pretty rich! I ran 12.x:1 with 10# boost in my KB '95 GT for a couple of years with no probs.
I thought 11.5 was good,atleast Doug was real happy with it. I'm not a tuner or a certified mechanic,so are you saying that 11.5 is rich for my car? I know Doug wasn't happy at all when the car was making 13's on the dyno,said it was leaning out around 4,500, then after he started tuning it with the SCT II ,the air/fuel started doing a lot better. So are you saying Doug has my AIR/FUEL set wrong? little info please! I trust Dougs tune.
Old 7/27/07, 08:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We're almost a go on the new location.. I can't talk about it just yet because some of the local businesses act like girls.

You should be close to 300, you might need to get deletes in there with the trueflow intake. Should definetly be achievable, though.

You will be one of the first people I call, trust me!

Thanks Jeff!

CR
Thanks CR. When you get all situated in the new building, let me know. I'll take a day off and come down for the tune!
Old 7/27/07, 09:38 AM

I thought 11.5 was good,atleast Doug was real happy with it. I'm not a tuner or a certified mechanic,so are you saying that 11.5 is rich for my car? I know Doug wasn't happy at all when the car was making 13's on the dyno,said it was leaning out around 4,500, then after he started tuning it with the SCT II ,the air/fuel started doing a lot better. So are you saying Doug has my AIR/FUEL set wrong? little info please! I trust Dougs tune.
I'd say 11.5 is about right for a supercharged car. However, if a tailpipe sniffer is used, it might register closer to 12 or so, but the engine will be in the mid 11's.
Old 7/27/07, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by don_w
I'd say 11.5 is about right for a supercharged car. However, if a tailpipe sniffer is used, it might register closer to 12 or so, but the engine will be in the mid 11's.
OK 11.5 for SC car. What is the proper for a NA car? 13 is were I am at. can I assume that is right? Also forgive my ignorance on this but I would think 13 is richer(more fuel). I have it backwards in my head don't I?
Old 7/27/07, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, higher the number the more lean it is i.e 13:1 is leaner than 11:1. Remember the ratio is Air:Fuel.

I was at 11.5:1 in the higher RPMs (a little rich for N/A motor). I since have a new tune that should get the A/F ratio around 12.5:1 and added some spark. I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 7/27/07, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Now I have to say to my self. Doh A/F = 13/1 Daaa
Old 7/27/07, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

This is all correct. All you have to do is an internet search for Lamda Airfuel or Stoichiometric Air Fuel and do some reading. It's really quite interesting. 14.64 is Lamda AFR... and it goes richer from there. That's what it should be on your vehicle. The end result being 12.6-13.0 for N/A S197's and 11.5-12.0 for FI S197's. Remember, it's different for each vehicle, but they're all AROUND the same mark.
Old 7/27/07, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

The difference in horsepower between 13.6 (a bit lean) and 13.0 (ideal) is probably less than five, so that alone would not explain your low numbers.
Old 7/27/07, 08:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought 11.5 was good,atleast Doug was real happy with it.
That is fine and considered "safe" on a SC car. I only thought it sounded way rich for NA. I ran a little leaner, but then again, I was the tuner for my car and had datalogging, so I could keep an eye on it to make sure it never got too lean. If I was tuning someone elses car, I would have dropped the timing down a couple of degrees and made it a little "richer" to play it safe.

Like mentioned, every vehicle likes it a little different. If you are too lean, the HP numbers drop pretty quickly though. Don brought up a good point too. When I dynoed, I used the tailpipe numbers and my WB O2 matched those numbers, so when I say 12.5, I am stating the tailpipe number. Of course, I am assuming that when you get your car dyno tuned, they are sticking it in the tailpipe though and not before the cats.

Quick Reply: ARH Headers Installed - Dyno Results