GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone running Magnapack muffler experiencing a whistle on a AUTO?

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/06, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone here ruNNING THE MAGNAFLOW Magnapack mufflers? I took my 05 in for a whistle noise it was making and they said the magnapacks was the cause.. i bough the car used 2 months ago with 10K miles on it and i took it in for the noise and they told me the mufflers caused it.. which i think is BS but i thought I would ask.

Old 9/2/06, 07:42 PM

No whistling noise on mine, i really like my magnaflows which i've had for about a month.
Old 9/2/06, 08:05 PM

Sorry i forgot to state it is a GT
Old 9/3/06, 06:29 AM
V6 Member

I started a thread last year about a whistling noise heard during hard acceleration with my 06 GT Automatic. Many said it was normal. It did it when bone stock, and still does it with Flowmaster Axel Backs, JLT CAI and Bamatune. My noise seems to come from the intake area of the engine I think. I plan to take it to the dealer to check on that noise, and do the TSB on the differential.
Old 9/3/06, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

I have the same whistling noise. Mine is an '07 GT auto. It did it when completely factory stock and it still does it with the MAC axlebacks, only difference is I can hardly hear it with the new exhaust!

I read some place that the noise is pretty common with the automatics, it has nothing to do with the exhaust.
Old 9/4/06, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear one on hard acceleration, but it's because of a tiny leak on my L/T's where the driver's side header meets the H-pipe.

They've been on for 9 months, and there is a black stain on the joint about the size of a quarter. There is a very small leak there, and that is what's causing my whistling noise.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot my sig no longer appears. I have the JBA longtubes with the catted H-pipe, and the Magnaflow catback system.
Old 9/13/06, 12:15 AM

The dealership still trying to tell me its the mufflers still... but this whistle should not be "Normal" Something is wrong.... so I am going to put stock Mufflers back on the car and take it to them and tell them I do not want the car back till its fixed... fricken noise is driving me crazy.