GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone read about the Kenne Bell MM and FF?

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/05, 06:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The numbers on it look sick!
Article doesn't say when it will be out though.
I was ready to order a procharger but now I'm not sure.
What do you guys think?
Old 6/19/05, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

What where the numbers, haven't picked up the new issue yet.
Old 6/19/05, 10:09 PM
V6 Member

They have 2 units, the smaller 1.7 liter kit with air-to-water intercooler, at 9 psi pushed them from 268 rwhp to 459rwhp! The kit's 9lb pulley is 2.75inch (6 ribs) and the injectors are 42lb. They use their Boost-a-pump along with 90mm MAF(stock is 77mm). Kit also has a 4 inch ram air intake system. Good news is they said at 535rwhp the stock clutch gave out, everything else held up.

They also are going to have a 2.4 liter intercooler kit with up to 14 psi and another 1.7 kit at 6 psi with no intercooler. (value version?)

Even though there is no eta yet, this is very exciting news!

edit: The article said they are using SCT for their tuning.
Old 6/20/05, 01:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

5.0 Mustang's August issue has the Kenne Bell SC. The 6psi kit made 430 rwhp and 384lb/ft. Only 419 rwhp at 6000 rpm. They ran the blower to 6600 rpm to get 430. The timing will be back off 2 degrees or so for production so lower the numbers some. Stock was 278/306. Strong stock motor. 9 psi was go for 478 rwhp, 11psi 503rwhp. Bad news, Mr. Bell thinks 450 rwhp is the limit for a stock engine, so 6-7 psi is probably the limit. I think Sean Hyland started selling aluminum blocks you can build 387 cubic inch motors. 13 psi, 94 octane and 387 ci might get you 700 rwhp!
Old 6/20/05, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by zwooky@June 19, 2005, 6:30 PM
The numbers on it look sick!
Article doesn't say when it will be out though.
I was ready to order a procharger but now I'm not sure.
What do you guys think?

i emailed Bell and they emailed me this response....

"We are looking at the kit being released about August of this year. Please check back for more updates."
Old 6/20/05, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by fordpower@June 20, 2005, 4:38 PM
i emailed Bell and they emailed me this response....

"We are looking at the kit being released about August of this year. Please check back for more updates."
These guys have the worst customer service dept I have ever dealt with. I have been "checking back" since February and they are still throwing out delays without any reasons attached. I understand if they have agreed to keep #'s hush hush for a pending magazine article, but c'mon. Hold your breath for another two months got old after the first two months.
I wrote back letting them know that their lack of customer service would end up costing them at least one customer. Until I dealt with them first hand I had only heard rumors about how bad their CS was. I was skeptical, but since I've seen it first hand I'll go somewhere else, even if it means I don't get the absolute peak performance gains. I'd rather rest assured that I can count on their support if I need it in the future.
Old 6/21/05, 04:12 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, because someone wont release valuable info that may be better news for the competition you label that as poor customer service. Shame on you! I would do the same and tell you to chill out and quit being so fricking impatient. You dont need more power, you want it, wait already or go bug Roush about their supercharger.

-Dan
Old 6/21/05, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Cleveland@June 21, 2005, 4:15 AM
Wow, because someone wont release valuable info that may be better news for the competition you label that as poor customer service. Shame on you! I would do the same and tell you to chill out and quit being so fricking impatient. You dont need more power, you want it, wait already or go bug Roush about their supercharger.

-Dan
As I stated in my first comment, I don't expect them to divulge information of that sort. What I do expect is a company to stick to at least one of three deadlines they set themselves for the consumer. I expect a customer service department to answer an e-mail with more than "Check back in a couple of months."
I realize now that someone reading this may not have the first hand experience that gives me the insight to what fordpower posted. What he posted was not an excerpt from their response. That is all they respond with! I initially wrote several questions and had none of them answered. I received a response that said to check back later. After my third experience not getting any answers I responded to the "check back later" e-mail with an e-mail stating my dismay at their lack of an informative response and complaining about customer service. They didn't respond to that at all.
I don't mind waiting for a good product. Whipple is slow to get the parts for production, but they, at least, take the time to post results on their website and answer e-mail. I just see these e-mails as an insight to the way KB works. I don't want to give a company like that $5k and sit on hold for an hour when I'm having difficulty with an install or wondering where a missing piece is.
Old 6/21/05, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by wsmatau@June 20, 2005, 9:29 PM
These guys have the worst customer service dept I have ever dealt with. I have been "checking back" since February and they are still throwing out delays without any reasons attached. I understand if they have agreed to keep #'s hush hush for a pending magazine article, but c'mon. Hold your breath for another two months got old after the first two months.
I wrote back letting them know that their lack of customer service would end up costing them at least one customer. Until I dealt with them first hand I had only heard rumors about how bad their CS was. I was skeptical, but since I've seen it first hand I'll go somewhere else, even if it means I don't get the absolute peak performance gains. I'd rather rest assured that I can count on their support if I need it in the future.
I agree with you, as many of you I have had a bad experience with them myself, if you want to see how far Mr. Bell will go to badmouth a potential buyer that wanted some info then search his or my posts on Stangnet. It was for this very instance that I quit even looking at Stangnet. He went over the top by personally attacking my intellect. Great product but a shame it has to be offered by such a company. My opinion: Want a twin screw, get a Whipple. Similar product with similar power potential and it is endorsed by Ford. Better customer service too.
Old 6/21/05, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Got the new issue yesterday. CAN YOU SAY 535HP THATS NUTS!!!!!!!!!! WHEN CAN I GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/21/05, 09:45 AM
GT Member

I have owned Kenne Bell products in the past and once the products hits the market I was always very happy with their service. I was able to talk to Mr Bell on several occasions and he was very helpful.

When new products come to the market the manufacturer has to make sure the products is fully tested. The same people complaining about the time it gets to market will be the first ones to complain when something on the kit is not right in some way. Do a search on JLP cold air kits to see this. The 03-04 Cobra guys were the same way when the KBs were being delayed and now they absolutely love them. Better to be late and correct than rushed and prone to problems.....
Old 6/21/05, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by qwik huh@June 21, 2005, 9:48 AM

When new products come to the market the manufacturer has to make sure the products is fully tested. The same people complaining about the time it gets to market will be the first ones to complain when something on the kit is not right in some way. Do a search on JLP cold air kits to see this. The 03-04 Cobra guys were the same way when the KBs were being delayed and now they absolutely love them. Better to be late and correct than rushed and prone to problems.....
I agree with that wholeheartedly. I don't want a rushed product. I would just prefer to have someone at the company bother to take the time that you did to make that statement. Especially considering the fact that I told them I was wavering because of bad publicity they had received regarding their customer service.
Old 6/21/05, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I read the KB article last night. Yea, those numbers are pretty wild.
One interesting thing to note is what they say about the stock tune of the car. From what they say, basically the computer is running a 91 octane tune in a car labled for 87 octane fuel. They go on to say that the knock sensors work really well and that they are doing most of the work, reducing the timing, of holding the performance down to 87 oct levels. From what I read into that, it would make sense, if you are heading to the track, to fill up with premium to get the most out the motor. Don't know if you would notice much diff on the street.
jeff
Old 6/21/05, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to try and contradict, but maybe thier customer service department does not know what is going on, and maybe it is still in early development, which is why they say to check back in a couple of months, knowing that it wont be availble until after then.
Old 6/21/05, 05:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

now you guys are one of those people who calls back everyother day are you? i agree with freid, maybe they just dont know. now i dont agree with the way they handled things with DHOF. you shouldnt attack people, but i dont know what went on. hopefully they will get everrything straight and th eproduct will be out in august and then we can all stomp some vettes in peace!
Old 6/21/05, 05:26 PM

Like a guy told me one time when i was complaining about his service. He said, "Yea i know our service stinks but its the best in town." Think about it for a minute.

My point is its hard to get any good service anymore...anywhere
Old 6/21/05, 10:15 PM
FR500 Member

i read the one in 5.0..........the only thing is like yes id love to have that but honestly to get the bigger KB u need to build up ur engine...and i honestly dont have the money to do that or be forking out tons of money for gas....soo i might do some mild mods this way the car would handle a shot of No2