GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another Vote For Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/05, 09:09 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the Bassani axleback system with the rolled tips yesterday and I wasn't disapointed. Sounds even better in person than on the numerous clips available here. Hardly any drone at all, and the sound at WOT is simply amazing. Install took maybe 90 mins and the fit was almost perfect, had to loosen one side at the h-pipe and adjust a bit, but short of that it went flawlessly.

Made a quick run around the neighborhood with the mufflers off, and boy that was fun.

Purchased the rig from Nino over at Ninosport, I can't recommend this guy enough. He gave a great price, quick turnaround on the equipment, and a nice guy to deal with.
Old 1/31/05, 10:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad to see another H-town friend rolling the Bassani's.....good pick bro!

John
Old 1/31/05, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

w00t!
Old 1/31/05, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I installed my bassani axle-back a couple of hours ago also. I have not really taken it out but what i have heard so far sounds good. I also recommend Nino at ninosport.com, great service and prices.
Old 1/31/05, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow@January 31, 2005, 10:12 AM
I installed the Bassani axleback system with the rolled tips yesterday and I wasn't disapointed. Sounds even better in person than on the numerous clips available here. Hardly any drone at all, and the sound at WOT is simply amazing. Install took maybe 90 mins and the fit was almost perfect, had to loosen one side at the h-pipe and adjust a bit, but short of that it went flawlessly.

Made a quick run around the neighborhood with the mufflers off, and boy that was fun.

Purchased the rig from Nino over at Ninosport, I can't recommend this guy enough. He gave a great price, quick turnaround on the equipment, and a nice guy to deal with.
Nice, I am getting mine as soon as I get my car. Must resist being a spelling ****... Trying to be nice... It hurts.
Old 1/31/05, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I only found one word he didn't spell correctly, if that's what your hurting yourself over you are a ****. Course I had to read it about four times before I caught it, so that really doesn't say much for me.
Old 1/31/05, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

onn scecond thot, i dunt relly cee nythng rong wuth it
Old 1/31/05, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Funny that it was an SS that was needed...and ****'s were mentioned....How ironic is that? Altoid is such a nut.....gotta love him.....spelling is a pet peave of mine as well....I wish I wasn't that way, but I cringe on here on a daily basis because of it.....I'm so bad I go back and proof all of my posts after the fact and edit them for spelling issues....haha Glad to see more people taking the Bassani plunge...I was one of the very first to have them installed while everyone else was buying Magnaflows, and I wouldn't have it any other way....They sound AMAZING!

John
Old 1/31/05, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by swingle007@January 31, 2005, 5:09 PM
Funny that it was an SS that was needed...and ****'s were mentioned....How ironic is that? Altoid is such a nut.....gotta love him.....spelling is a pet peave of mine as well....I wish I wasn't that way, but I cringe on here on a daily basis because of it.....I'm so bad I go back and proof all of my posts after the fact and edit them for spelling issues....haha Glad to see more people taking the Bassani plunge...I was one of the very first to have them installed while everyone else was buying Magnaflows, and I wouldn't have it any other way....They sound AMAZING!

John
:scratch: PP not SS. Its spelled disappointed not dissapointed. haha i said PP...im done
Old 1/31/05, 09:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

LOL.....I got so into the spelling **** stuff that I must have tried to make ss work out....great, I've become my own pet peave.....hahaha

John
Old 2/1/05, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Altoid+January 31, 2005, 4:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altoid @ January 31, 2005, 4:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mellow Yellow@January 31, 2005, 10:12 AM

Nice, I am getting mine as soon as I get my car. Must resist being a spelling ****... Trying to be nice... It hurts.
[/b][/quote]

What gives? Trying to be nice?? Have you had a life changing event happen to you or something?
Old 2/1/05, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by swingle007@January 31, 2005, 10:06 PM
LOL.....I got so into the spelling **** stuff that I must have tried to make ss work out....great, I've become my own pet peave.....hahaha

John
No you are right. **** and SS do go together. I didn't even think about it when I first posted, good catch. I'm glad some people are finally starting to lighten up and understand me.

"The SS was primarily the instrument through which the **** racial doctrine was implemented and enforced. Led by the empire-building Himmler, it took on other select tasks (such as fighting the war). However, it is best understood as a reflection of the **** party's desires and views of itself. "
Old 2/1/05, 05:35 PM
GT Member

What does the Bassani pipes sound like at say 70mph? Does the sound get on your nerves on the freeway? I am sure they will sound great at WOT and around town. Just curious about cruising speed.
Old 2/1/05, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

At 70mph with your foot lightly on the gas you can hardly hear them at all....If you punch it they sound great....you're able to control them pretty well just from feathering the pedal to keep them from being an annoyance if that's your concern......No complaints on my end....

John
Old 2/1/05, 06:34 PM
GT Member

They don't have any noticeable drone or sound cruising at 70MPH, or any freeway speed for that matter. And no "pops" and "farts" like many of the others when letting off the pedal. Very refined tone, but don't mistake them for being too quiet - they roar when you want/need them to the most!
Old 2/2/05, 11:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by swingle007@February 1, 2005, 7:06 PM
At 70mph with your foot lightly on the gas you can hardly hear them at all....If you punch it they sound great....you're able to control them pretty well just from feathering the pedal to keep them from being an annoyance if that's your concern......No complaints on my end....

John

Appreciate your opinion. We have a number of road checks around here and I was wondering how quiet they would be under idle with the police standing next to it.
Old 2/3/05, 10:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Ranger+February 2, 2005, 12:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ranger @ February 2, 2005, 12:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-swingle007@February 1, 2005, 7:06 PM

John

Appreciate your opinion. We have a number of road checks around here and I was wondering how quiet they would be under idle with the police standing next to it.
[/b][/quote]

i have noticed, and i'm not sure if johns does this, but at around 2000 rpm the exhaust really resonates. it's not really bad, and it seems taht after the car heats up, it goes away...but it still does it.

it typically resonates from 1st -2nd, sometimes 3rd, right at 2000 rpm.

i don't mind it, because the upsides of the exhaust is just unbeliveable. i mean the sound is fantastic...other cars tremble in your presence.
Old 2/3/05, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am definatly getting the bassani pipes in the spring however I figure I might as well do the bassani x-pipe at the same time. Has anyone done the x-pipe too or just the axl-back?
Old 2/3/05, 01:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have both on mine.....x-pipe and axle backs, both from Bassani...you can listen to on a sound clip by going to the my mustang page link in my signature and then clicking on the video tab at the top of the home page....look for the Swingle007 videos in the list of available vids....let me know what ya think of the sound!!!

John
Old 2/4/05, 05:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, I love mine as well.

I too have a "drone" at 2k rpm. It rattle something in the back too.....and it very annoying. And I can't find it.

grrr.

Quick Reply: Another Vote For Bassani