GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another K&N + Predator

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/05, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my K&N and predator kit in from RPM outlet the other day and finally felt well enough( been under the weather lately) to put it on. I put the K&N aircharger on first and took it for a spin and just with that I noticed a big difference. When I got back home I went ahead and put the 87 tune from the Predator in and WOW even a bigger difference. I cant wait till Diablosport gets a K&N specific tune. I did put my HC trap back in for the fear of causing any kind of damage to my car. I plan in a week or so to get my car dynoed and I will dyno it with the trap and without just to see what if any differences are.
Adding the K&N really gives the car ALOT more growl kinda freaked me and my wife out at first. I have to say that for the money this Kit is nice 499 from RPM outlet no shipping and includes everything from the aircharger to the predator to a pc interface kit. Very satisfied.
First off out with the old
Old 6/16/05, 12:07 PM

and in with the new

Old 6/16/05, 12:09 PM

sorry for the semi dark pics by the time I finished it was dark outside so I will try and get some better pics out today if I have a chance
Old 6/16/05, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@June 16, 2005, 12:09 PM
Just got my K&N and predator kit in from RPM outlet the other day and finally felt well enough( been under the weather lately) to put it on. I put the K&N aircharger on first and took it for a spin and just with that I noticed a big difference. When I got back home I went ahead and put the 87 tune from the Predator in and WOW even a bigger difference. I cant wait till Diablosport gets a K&N specific tune. I did put my HC trap back in for the fear of causing any kind of damage to my car. I plan in a week or so to get my car dynoed and I will dyno it with the trap and without just to see what if any differences are.
Adding the K&N really gives the car ALOT more growl kinda freaked me and my wife out at first. I have to say that for the money this Kit is nice 499 from RPM outlet no shipping and includes everything from the aircharger to the predator to a pc interface kit. Very satisfied.
First off out with the old

So you used the 87 octane tune, I am still waiting to hear back from diablo sport, concerning the tune, is everything still running smoothly ?
Old 6/16/05, 12:12 PM

runs great I just took it for a short spin lastnight. Hopefully tonight I will get her out for another
Old 6/16/05, 12:13 PM

I put the HC trap back in I wasnt sure if I needed it even with the Predator tune. So for safety its back in. I did take it out on my stock air box and was running fine??
Old 6/16/05, 04:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd say you can safely leave the HC trap out. I've had mine out for... I can't remember how long and haven't had any problems. Not to mention it looks like Ford is leaving them out of a lot of the cars from the start.
Old 6/16/05, 04:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I put just the K&N in without a tune and did leave the HC in (for now). Know the K&N alone will not satisfy a number of folks looking for more but wanted to say that I have around 200 miles on it and no problems. Also noticed a distinct improvement in response, and it being louder. As one who did not want to get involved immediately with messing with the stock tune - am very satisfied. Unit is well built and solid.