GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another Bamachip Convert!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/06, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Bamachip Convert!!

Finally got around to installing my JLT II / SCT Excalibrator with Doug's tunes last night. I installed the 91 octane race tune and it is just amazing how it wakes this car up!! Was late and I only had the chance to drive a few miles - but DEFINITE difference....I had the JLTII/XCal I on my '05 and had forgotten how "docile" the stock Ford tuning is.......I highy recommed this mod to anyone

Have to travel today and won't get the chance to drive the Mustang at all but I will post more results tomorrow when I can drive it a bit more.
Old 12/16/06, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I always say... BamaChips ROCKS!!!
Old 12/16/06, 11:50 PM
GT Member

It does rock

I just installed the exact setup last weekend. I got the 87 perf 91 torq 91 race. I noticed the same difference. Though I have not tried the race tune yet. But I hear it is similar to the torque and many prefer to run the torque over the race. I've heard the race tune is a little too jumpy? Is this true? Because the car is an animal right now running the 91 torque.

And I live at 5000 feet. I bet this car drives like a bat out of hell at sea level with the BamaTunes.
Old 12/17/06, 12:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

the throttle on the race is a tad bit "jumpy" at parking lot speeds... but i got used to it by about the 3rd time out. now i dont have any problems with it at all.

i havent tried the performance or torque tunes.
Old 12/17/06, 01:28 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Like I always say... BamaChip ROCKS!!!
..+1
Old 12/17/06, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

+2 !!! I just got my 91Torq Tune for the Predator and I am loving it!!
Old 12/17/06, 09:27 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,796 Posts
Just out of curiosity ?? for those of you who are running the 91-93 Torque and Race tunes ? is the improved throttle response just as strong with traction control on ?? or is it more noticable turned off ??? personally speaking ? I don't seem to notice any difference either way...
Old 12/17/06, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Grrrr. Hearing you guyz talking about Doug and his tunes is turning me green with envy. I purchased his 93 Race tune for my Predator but I promised to myself that I'll install it this coming spring. This way I can take my time to purchase a high flow inlet elbow to go with my Steeda CAI. The weather's been really cruddy here and I already took off my custom wheels & tires as well as my Steeda CAI before we got hit with the worst snow fall in at least 6 years. I guess I'll have to store the tune on my computer and make a new folder and label it "Do not open till 03/07". Till then I'll just keep reading about you lucky sacks raving about the difference Doug's tunes make.
Old 12/17/06, 09:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Just out of curiosity ?? for those of you who are running the 91-93 Torque and Race tunes ? is the improved throttle response just as strong with traction control on ?? or is it more noticable turned off ??? personally speaking ? I don't seem to notice any difference either way...
What's up Rocky? I usually leave the TC on. There is a noticable difference between the 93 torque and 93 race. IMO, The race has the same low end as the tq plus additional pull throughout. I'll run it tomorrow with it off... That being said, I'm just about out of 93... I'm going back to the 87 performace for a while. I really only saw minimal gains from the 87 perf as compared with the 93 race ...or at least that's what I remembered. I'll go back an re-evaluate it.
Old 12/18/06, 10:48 AM
Cobra Member

steel: Let us know how that goes, the difference between 93 race and 87 performance after running through another tank, I'm interested. Thanks.
Old 12/18/06, 03:22 PM
GT Member

I just switched from Doug's 91 perf to 93 perf and was really surprised with the difference. I tried the 93 torque for awhile but it didnt seem to be as fun as the 91 perf to me. The throttle response was a little quicker though. I've heard some people say they couldnt tell the difference too much switching the different octane tunes but mine seems to pull alot stronger with the 93. I have an auto and the perf tunes really bark the tires in 2nd and 3rd.
I think a tune is the best money spent on these cars.
Old 12/18/06, 10:29 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,796 Posts
What's up Rocky? I usually leave the TC on. There is a noticable difference between the 93 torque and 93 race. IMO, The race has the same low end as the tq plus additional pull throughout. I'll run it tomorrow with it off... That being said, I'm just about out of 93... I'm going back to the 87 performace for a while. I really only saw minimal gains from the 87 perf as compared with the 93 race ...or at least that's what I remembered. I'll go back an re-evaluate it.
Hi Pat ? I pretty much always leave the TC on as well so I was just curious if anyone who also has Doug's Torque and Race tunes would happen to know if there's any additional throttle response with the Traction Control off ?? meanwhile ? I'm also in the process of ordering Doug's 93 Race tune and am sure I'll notice even more improved throttle response..Anyway ? if you do get the chance to run it without the TC on ? let me know how everything works out..
Old 12/19/06, 06:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hi Pat ? I pretty much always leave the TC on as well so I was just curious if anyone who also has Doug's Torque and Race tunes would happen to know if there's any additional throttle response with the Traction Control off ?? meanwhile ? I'm also in the process of ordering Doug's 93 Race tune and am sure I'll notice even more improved throttle response..Anyway ? if you do get the chance to run it without the TC on ? let me know how everything works out..
We'll do...
Old 12/19/06, 10:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

brenspeed.com..Tunes ROCK!!!!.............
Old 12/19/06, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Stang only comes out when the roads are dry. I spent all day Sunday detailing it... Uhhhhh black!!! I finally got around to driving it today with the TC off and did notice a little more pep in the throttle response. It may have been my imagination, but it did seem more responsive . Just about on "E"- going back to 87... Will report.
Old 12/19/06, 10:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
brenspeed.com..Tunes ROCK!!!!.............
Eat my dust!...SteelTown!
Old 12/19/06, 10:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Eat my dust!...SteelTown!
LOL! If you say so Scottie, you're a self proclaim expert on everything
Old 12/19/06, 10:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Stang only comes out when the roads are dry. I spent all day Sunday detailing it... Uhhhhh black!!! I finally got around to driving it today with the TC off and did notice a little more pep in the throttle response. It may have been my imagination, but it did seem more responsive . Just about on "E"- going back to 87... Will report.
Hey! SteelTown thats a Mustang you own not some sissy Corvette get that baby out of the Garage... put some 87 octane in it and start driving the rat crap ! out of it! be a man get some hair you know where! come on Big Boy! it won't melt!
Old 12/19/06, 10:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey! SteelTown thats a Mustang you own not some sissy Corvette get that baby out of the Garage... put some 87 octane in it and start driving the rat crap ! out of it! be a man get some hair you know were! come on Big Boy! it won't melt!
You're trying to hard goatboy .

The metaphysical aspects of driving in the rain is undesirable, but it's nice to know that you care
Old 12/19/06, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You're trying to hard goatboy .

The metaphysical aspects of driving in the rain is undesirable, but it's nice to know that you care
Your no fun anymore SteelTown! ..PS: put a brenspeed tune in your Stang then it will ROCK!..you old Goat roper!

Quick Reply: Another Bamachip Convert!!