GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Alternative Auto Tune - users please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 10/25/05, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOPE. I have an auto. I hear he has the best tune for autos.
Old 10/26/05, 01:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

All this talk really gets me thinking....

If I were to JUST get the tune from AltAuto (no intake or other mods) will I still feel a major difference?
Old 10/26/05, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@October 26, 2005, 1:36 AM
All this talk really gets me thinking....

If I were to JUST get the tune from AltAuto (no intake or other mods) will I still feel a major difference?
I think you definitely would in just the decrease in throttle lag, firmer shifting and the removal of the computers torque management processes.
Old 10/26/05, 08:53 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by acadian+October 25, 2005, 8:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ October 25, 2005, 8:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>His business is named Alternative Auto... the auto meaning automatic transmission. That's what he specializes in. Let us auto guys have our fun too, ok?
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Patience
@October 25, 2005, 7:26 PM
dude auto stands for automotive, no? aka alternative automotive.com not alternative automatic.com---
[/quote]

Dude... no need to get smart. :nono: I put the little jester smilie there because I was kidding. Sure didn't sound like your reply was meant to be funny. The name of the company is "Alternative Auto Performance". Now, if you can find anywhere on their site where it's called Alternative Automotive, I'll stand corrected. Hey, maybe the 'auto' does stand for automotive... who knows? All I know is Lidio is the only tuner out there right now specializing in tunes for the automatic transmission. So, it might as well stand for automatic.

By the way, this thread was started by an auto tranny guy for auto tranny guys. Actually, let me quote you the first post... "Just wanted to try and get those Auto drivers who have used Alternative Autos tune and the SCT on their vehicle to chime in. Now, I guess you thought that "Auto" there stands for automotive, but it stands for automatic.
Old 10/26/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@October 26, 2005, 8:56 AM
Dude... no need to get smart. :nono: I put the little jester smilie there because I was kidding. Sure didn't sound like your reply was meant to be funny. The name of the company is "Alternative Auto Performance". Now, if you can find anywhere on their site where it's called Alternative Automotive, I'll stand corrected. Hey, maybe the 'auto' does stand for automotive... who knows? All I know is Lidio is the only tuner out there right now specializing in tunes for the automatic transmission. So, it might as well stand for automatic.

By the way, this thread was started by an auto tranny guy for auto tranny guys. Actually, let me quote you the first post... "Just wanted to try and get those Auto drivers who have used Alternative Autos tune and the SCT on their vehicle to chime in. Now, I guess you thought that "Auto" there stands for automotive, but it stands for automatic.

:nono: --no, but this forum is for mustang owners, aren't you selling yours-- --i just want to know, has he tuned manual tranny's? :bang:
Old 10/26/05, 12:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Patience@October 26, 2005, 12:00 PM
:nono: --no, but this forum is for mustang owners, aren't you selling yours-- --i just want to know, has he tuned manual tranny's? :bang:
Of course this forum is for Mustang owners. But, do I (who has an '05 Mustang) go into the SN95 section and start asking about tunes for my car? Or, anything else, for that matter? No, of course not. This thread was started to talk about tunes for the automatic transmission. There are plenty of other threads about tuning for manuals. Why do you call yourself "patience" when you don't have the patience to take 2 minutes and do a search for tuning an '05 with a manual transmission. A bit ironic, isn't it?

And what does me selling my car have to do with me discussing something in the forums? Let's say I sell my car tomorrow. Does that mean I can't come in here and talk about my car? :scratch: Even if I do sell my car, I will still come to this forum and offer my advice, as well as my opinion.
Old 10/26/05, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@October 26, 2005, 1:00 PM
Of course this forum is for Mustang owners. But, do I (who has an '05 Mustang) go into the SN95 section and start asking about tunes for my car? Or, anything else, for that matter? No, of course not. This thread was started to talk about tunes for the automatic transmission. There are plenty of other threads about tuning for manuals. Why do you call yourself "patience" when you don't have the patience to take 2 minutes and do a search for tuning an '05 with a manual transmission. A bit ironic, isn't it?

And what does me selling my car have to do with me discussing something in the forums? Let's say I sell my car tomorrow. Does that mean I can't come in here and talk about my car? :scratch: Even if I do sell my car, I will still come to this forum and offer my advice, as well as my opinion.

patience is the fact that i waited for 8 months to get my car---your opinion of course is appreciated---you find me the threads that talk manual tunes and I am there---soon to be minivan driver--
Old 10/26/05, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

can't we all just get along????
Old 10/28/05, 09:39 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by HiRoller@October 26, 2005, 9:31 PM
can't we all just get along????
I'm all about peace and getting along myself... but the reality is everyone isn't going to always see things the same way. Everything is worked out now though, I think. eace:
Old 10/28/05, 08:46 PM
V6 Member

Anybody in CA get a c&L with Lido's tune using CA 91 octane gas? Just curious if he supplied the 91 tune or if you have to tweak it yourself to get the timing right?

Doug
Old 12/6/05, 11:24 AM
V6 Member

Just thought I'd give an update. I purchased the C&L intake and tune from Alternative Auto and am very happy with the results. It drives like a muscle car should now. Shifts are much firmer, throttle response is greatly improved, and the shift patterns seem to be a lot better than stock. This is a 91 octane tune I am using since I am in CA, just wish we had 93 here ;(

If you have an auto with the stock tune you don't know what your missing, if you do nothing else to your car I believe this one is a must for auto owners.

Doug
Old 12/6/05, 02:32 PM
Cobra R Member

I had a Predator also but the Lidio SCT 2 tune I have now kickes its butt. Very pleased
Old 12/6/05, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

[quote=Patience,October 26, 2005, 4:40 PM]
patience is the fact that i waited for 8 months to get my car---your opinion of course is appreciated---you find me the threads that talk manual tunes and I am there---soon to be minivan driver--
[/qu

"YOU FIND ME " just does not sit right with me or others here. Get up off your lazy tass and find it yourself and stay out of forums like this one where you cannot make a valid contribution.