GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Alternative Auto Tune - users please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/05, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I specifically asked him about the new larger C&L unit. The new one is going to be plastic and flimsier (s). It is larger but there have been no performance gains proven and he was skeptical there would be.

The new intake is also designed to be more of a "cheaper" alternative to the existing intake.

I was leaning towards not getting the new plastic intake when I called and he said that was the wisest of choices in his opinion to go with the aluminum.
Old 9/28/05, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@September 28, 2005, 10:56 AM
I specifically asked him about the new larger C&L unit. The new one is going to be plastic and flimsier (s). It is larger but there have been no performance gains proven and he was skeptical there would be.

The new intake is also designed to be more of a "cheaper" alternative to the existing intake.

I was leaning towards not getting the new plastic intake when I called and he said that was the wisest of choices in his opinion to go with the aluminum.

good stuff---aestethically, i do not think the C/l looks that great---in fact the MMR blows it away IMO, however, if the greatest gains are seen from it---then i'd go with the c/l---i just do not know if they are blowing smoke to limit their tune-a-bility and are getting a kick back for selling solely the c and l-----with canned tunes readily available, why wouldn't they offer options, maybe lidio can speak to this?
Old 9/28/05, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

The MMR was originally my first choice for a long time. Then after extensively reading this forum for a long time I switched to the C/L after finding out how well Lidio's tunes were from other members on autos. So I switched over. It may be a mistake or it may not. I think most of the CAI's are getting similar numbers and it mostly boils down to how good the tuner is.

If Lidio is getting something on the side, maybe, but that's his arrangement. Is he good? From what I've read it's a tossup between him, Doug at Bama and maybe Brent at Brentspeed with Lidio in the lead for auto trannys.

I just wanted as little plastic as possible on the tube because it cheapens the look IMO.
Old 9/28/05, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by acadian@September 28, 2005, 10:10 AM
Anyone know if Lidio is tuning the XCal if you have the MMR CAI? I thought I remember reading he only has tunes for certain intake kits?

You might want to call and ask him about the MMR... I've got the MMR on my V6 and Lidio custom built a tune for it... It may be totally impossible but I wonder if you can take what we learned about the MMR and apply it to the GT tune... It certainly would be worth a phone call... And as others have said.... LIDIO IS DA MAN! LOL!!! (how does 253RWHP/354RWTQ sound for a V6??? LOL!!!)
Old 9/30/05, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/30/05, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dave, just to quadruple confirm your thoughts on Lidio and Alternative Auto.....I was previously a C&L + Predator user with noticeable - but not outstanding gains. After reading about Alternative Auto (and Lidio's specializing in our GTA's), I couldn't stand it anymore and started talking to him on the phone. His shop is only 4 hours from home so I drove to Michigan one day to pick up the new SCT with his tune. I had Lidio drive the car with the Predator first (running 93 by the way) to get his opinion on what the "before and after" would be like. When he got back he said it'd be "night and day".

So out went the Predator tune and in went the SCT and the both of us went for a ride....and I started to laugh....and kept laughing all the way back to Canada (of course dropping Lidio off first). The difference WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY!!

I'm sure the Predator's great for GT manuals but Lidio hit the mark with his SCT tune for our auto's. There's so much difference between the two tranny's (and the added electronics controlling the auto's) that someone like Lidio had to come along and specialize - really specialize - to get the most out of them. I was seriously considering trading my auto for a stick before I got the SCT. Now....no way!! The extra power, the extra punch, the instant throttle response - it's incredible!! And every time I drive it (I've had this combo for 3 months now), it's still incredible.

So that's my opinion on Lidio's Alternative Auto Tune. For anyone thinking about it, stop right now and place your order.

Mark
Old 10/1/05, 05:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Original Sin@September 30, 2005, 10:29 PM
Dave, just to quadruple confirm your thoughts on Lidio and Alternative Auto.....I was previously a C&L + Predator user with noticeable - but not outstanding gains. After reading about Alternative Auto (and Lidio's specializing in our GTA's), I couldn't stand it anymore and started talking to him on the phone. His shop is only 4 hours from home so I drove to Michigan one day to pick up the new SCT with his tune. I had Lidio drive the car with the Predator first (running 93 by the way) to get his opinion on what the "before and after" would be like. When he got back he said it'd be "night and day".

So out went the Predator tune and in went the SCT and the both of us went for a ride....and I started to laugh....and kept laughing all the way back to Canada (of course dropping Lidio off first). The difference WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY!!

I'm sure the Predator's great for GT manuals but Lidio hit the mark with his SCT tune for our auto's. There's so much difference between the two tranny's (and the added electronics controlling the auto's) that someone like Lidio had to come along and specialize - really specialize - to get the most out of them. I was seriously considering trading my auto for a stick before I got the SCT. Now....no way!! The extra power, the extra punch, the instant throttle response - it's incredible!! And every time I drive it (I've had this combo for 3 months now), it's still incredible.

So that's my opinion on Lidio's Alternative Auto Tune. For anyone thinking about it, stop right now and place your order.

Mark
That is exactly what happened to me... sort of... I've got the V6 auto.... I already had the SCT X-Cal2 and thought I was happy with it until we loaded up Lidio's tune! I was EXACTLY like you.. I was actually laughing out loud when we took the car for a test drive! There was that much of a difference!

I'm lucky though... I'm only 1.5 hour away! LOL!
Old 10/3/05, 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

YES. I just put my tune in from Lidio and SCT with a Jet TBS while I was at it over the weekend and the car is AMAZING.

I did not go to Lidio's shop to have mine custom tuned because he is about 10 hours away but I did go mail order with the specs of what I wanted.

Other guys may be better at tuning manual trannys but Lidio is THE MAN when it comes to the automatic.
Old 10/5/05, 03:34 PM
FR500 Member

Just an update on the ALternative Auto tunes for the MMR intake. I contacted Lidio, and will be mailing him my MMR CAI this week. He will use it to make a custom tune for the auto GT's with the MMR intake. Then, he will mail me back my CAI and a tune. I will let you guys know as soon as I get the tune back and flash the computer.

So, for all you MMR guys... there is hope for us afterall. I'll keep you posted here in about a week or so when I get everything from Lidio.
Old 10/5/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very glad to hear that Lidio is coming through for you. If your tune turns out as good as mine has so far I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
Old 10/5/05, 08:03 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by acadian@October 5, 2005, 3:37 PM
Just an update on the ALternative Auto tunes for the MMR intake. I contacted Lidio, and will be mailing him my MMR CAI this week. He will use it to make a custom tune for the auto GT's with the MMR intake. Then, he will mail me back my CAI and a tune. I will let you guys know as soon as I get the tune back and flash the computer.

So, for all you MMR guys... there is hope for us afterall. I'll keep you posted here in about a week or so when I get everything from Lidio.

Sweet deal Ian!
Old 10/14/05, 03:02 PM
FR500 Member

I totally forgot about this thread until now. Obviously now, due to the fact I'll be selling my car, I'm not going to send Lidio the MMR CAI. Simply because I don't want to spend anymore money on the car, knowing anything I put in now will be money lost. But, the option is there for someone with the MMR CAI to send it to Lidio and get him to make a tune for it. Hopefully, everyone still has their stock airbox and can put that one back on for a week. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. But someone else do this for the rest of the MMR CAI guys.
Old 10/14/05, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you mean, you are selling your car???????????
Yikes, what happened...I want you to know that your car is still my wallpaper on my computer. I will miss you Ian, and all your great input.
Old 10/21/05, 09:11 AM
FR500 Member

Thanks a lot, Dave. But, I'll still be around. Just won't have a stang for a while. One day I'll get another one and fix her up, don't worry.
Old 10/23/05, 08:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by acadian@October 21, 2005, 9:14 AM
Thanks a lot, Dave. But, I'll still be around. Just won't have a stang for a while. One day I'll get another one and fix her up, don't worry.
Glad to hear that Ian
Old 10/24/05, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@October 5, 2005, 3:37 PM

what is his obsession with the auto tune? anyone get a manual tune from him?
Old 10/25/05, 07:36 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Patience@October 24, 2005, 6:56 PM
what is his obsession with the auto tune? anyone get a manual tune from him?
His business is named Alternative Auto... the auto meaning automatic transmission. That's what he specializes in. Let us auto guys have our fun too, ok?
Old 10/25/05, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Lidio is AWESOME. I heard he's hard to a hold of. I left a message last night and he called me back this morning. I ordered the SCT 2 anC&L package.....he said I'll have it in like 3 days.
Old 10/25/05, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@October 25, 2005, 7:39 AM
His business is named Alternative Auto... the auto meaning automatic transmission. That's what he specializes in. Let us auto guys have our fun too, ok?

dude auto stands for automotive, no? aka alternative automotive.com not alternative automatic.com---
Old 10/25/05, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HiRoller@October 25, 2005, 8:49 AM
Lidio is AWESOME. I heard he's hard to a hold of. I left a message last night and he called me back this morning. I ordered the SCT 2 anC&L package.....he said I'll have it in like 3 days.

are you a manual tranny guy?

Quick Reply: Alternative Auto Tune - users please chime in!