GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Alternative Auto Tune - users please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/05, 10:36 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted to try and get those Auto drivers who have used Alternative Autos tune and the SCT on their vehicle to chime in.

I am running the DTP tune with the Predator and it is very cool - but all I hear are stellar things about Alt Auto and their tune - enough so that I am actually considering switching to SCT to take advantage of this tune....

Also - Does Alt Auto customize the tune they enclose when you buy the SCT tuner package on what mods you have on the car? Because I don't believe it mentions on thwe website specifically....
Old 8/15/05, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the JLT/DTP predator combo, and had no problems, but after I got 4.10 gears, I decided to switch to Alternative Auto.
I sold my predator and I couldn't be happier. Throttle response is so good, I have to watch when I hit the gas, because the car seems to want to just go. It even chirps the tires on the second to third shift.
I also spoke to Lidio in reference to my gear selection, and he was very knowledgeable and good to deal with.
Old 8/15/05, 11:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I was one of the first to get a Diablo for the GT and I was never happy with it. From no HP gains to NO change in the way the auto shifted I was extremely disappointed with it.

The Alternative Auto tune corrected all the issues which I feel were shortcomings to the car. The shifting is now firmer and at WOT at a higher rpm. The throttle response is now as it should be and feels natural. I can bark 2nd gear everytime and often times get 3rd. That's with a stock rear end and factory rubber.

I talked to Lidio a few times before I bought and he was always enthusiastic and helpful. Sometimes it was hard to get him on the phone as he was with customers, but when I did get him, he gave me his full attention.

I told him my set up and he did the tune to my specifications. I told him I was worried about not having 93 gas and he made me a tune that I could run with 92, as well as an 89 tune.

My only gripe is that he went with that vortech blower instead of a KB which I plan on getting next year.
Old 8/15/05, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Excellent tune and service from Lidio. I've talked with him at lengths about alot of stuff. Two things you will like about the tune is firm shifting (tires bark at WOT) and way improved throttle response.

MY BLUE HEAVEN- He will be selling the KB so he'll be able to fix you up when they are available

Thanks Mike
Old 8/15/05, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

any idea on the cost for and SCT, CAI install and dyno time will cost from him?
Old 8/15/05, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

750 + shipping. well worth the bucks
Old 8/15/05, 07:11 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by My Blue Heaven@August 15, 2005, 11:21 AM
I was one of the first to get a Diablo for the GT and I was never happy with it. From no HP gains to NO change in the way the auto shifted I was extremely disappointed with it.

The Alternative Auto tune corrected all the issues which I feel were shortcomings to the car. The shifting is now firmer and at WOT at a higher rpm. The throttle response is now as it should be and feels natural. I can bark 2nd gear everytime and often times get 3rd. That's with a stock rear end and factory rubber.

I talked to Lidio a few times before I bought and he was always enthusiastic and helpful. Sometimes it was hard to get him on the phone as he was with customers, but when I did get him, he gave me his full attention.

I told him my set up and he did the tune to my specifications. I told him I was worried about not having 93 gas and he made me a tune that I could run with 92, as well as an 89 tune.

My only gripe is that he went with that vortech blower instead of a KB which I plan on getting next year.

Thanks for the feedback Chris - you are really telling me what I want to hear..... I have been watching their website for a while and read that article on their black 05 in that last Muscle Mustangs issue. I take it since they don;t list emails or anything you have to do it all (order your tune according to your setup) over the phone - gotcha.

Couple quick questions - how you like the Bassani X pipe? Been thinking about that... also your car looks HOT man - nice!!!! Great stripes..... in your pics there are track shots - was that with your tune?? WHat did you run?
Old 8/16/05, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Lidios tune rocks. I have posted about it many times. Had for 3 months now still grinning. He is the man :worship:
Old 8/16/05, 10:02 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by 05redfiregt@August 16, 2005, 9:40 AM
Lidios tune rocks. I have posted about it many times. Had for 3 months now still grinning. He is the man :worship:

Very cool Bruce - I forgot you were running that....

By the way - LOVE your car!!!
Old 8/16/05, 10:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK I'm sold - who has the best price on the XCal2?
Old 8/16/05, 12:07 PM
Cobra Member

Picked-up the C&L yesterday to clean the cast and paint it. Plan on having it ready and installed in a few days and going back for the XCal2 install as soon as I burn the 87 fuel.
Old 8/16/05, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98@August 16, 2005, 12:10 PM
Picked-up the C&L yesterday to clean the cast and paint it. Plan on having it ready and installed in a few days and going back for the XCal2 install as soon as I burn the 87 fuel.

where'd you get the intake and how much?
Old 8/16/05, 07:26 PM

I installed the C&L with the X-CALII 89 tune from Lidio two days ago. I HIGHLY recommend this setup to all auto drivers. My car went from great to awesome with just this mod.
Old 8/16/05, 10:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Patience@August 16, 2005, 2:46 PM
where'd you get the intake and how much?

C&L is From Alternative, I think $700 complete, not sure because I do not have the tune and have not paid the total, only money down to get me going on it. I will not have the tune untill early next week. Its "Woodward Dream Cruise" week here.
Old 8/22/05, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Installed the C&L yesterday. Got the X-Cal 2, 93 octane, flash today, big difference in performance and sound.
Old 9/28/05, 09:07 AM
FR500 Member

Anyone know if Lidio is tuning the XCal if you have the MMR CAI? I thought I remember reading he only has tunes for certain intake kits?
Old 9/28/05, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@September 28, 2005, 9:10 AM
Anyone know if Lidio is tuning the XCal if you have the MMR CAI? I thought I remember reading he only has tunes for certain intake kits?
I just spoke with him yesterday and he is only doing C&L tunes. He still swears by that intake and he shipped mine yesterday.

Looks like its going to be a fun weekend.
Old 9/28/05, 10:11 AM
FR500 Member

Yeah, the C&L intake looks great... but if you are like me and already have the MMR intake (or another type other than C&L) are you screwed out of the Alternative Auto tune?

Is Lidio not tuning for other CAI's because he chooses to or because he can't? I'm just confused as to why my money is no good because I don't have the 'right' intake upgrade.
Old 9/28/05, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know if it is he doesn't want to support other CAI's or can't. He may also be able to write a tune for yours.

I do know from speaking with him a couple of times over the past 2 weeks that he only sells the C&L out of his shop and he stated to me they are the best ones in his opinion out now.

I don't know if he doesn't want to try another CAI, doesn't have the time to develop a tune for another, or choses to wait until other places convince him that there are better products out than C&L before he takes the time to develop a tune.
Old 9/28/05, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@September 28, 2005, 9:13 AM
I just spoke with him yesterday and he is only doing C&L tunes. He still swears by that intake and he shipped mine yesterday.

Looks like its going to be a fun weekend.

are you getting the C/L with the larger housing--90MM i think?---

Quick Reply: Alternative Auto Tune - users please chime in!