GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

This is for all you street racers

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/05, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_3182969
Makes me sick especialy when my wife is also pregnant and I drive buy this spot everyday.Skidmarks are still there along with car parts.
So if your thinking about street racing or building your car to handle like its on rails,You better keep it on the track.Or use common sence were you get on it.
Old 11/5/05, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That is a sad story. I hope just one person looks at that and thinks twice about racing on the street, could save a life, maybe your own.

Far be it for me to cast the first stone, because I'm guilty as heck. But everybody thinks, "That would never happen to me..."

But it could, and it does.
Old 11/5/05, 06:54 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I work about 1 mile from where this happened and everybody is talking about it. Trouble is it's a huge city and this is the only long stretch of road. It's a 2-3 lane 3 mile highway and all the kids street race there. The road is real narrow, lots of little hills, somewhat straight but not really. It's not the ideal/safest place to race. The kid was racing a crappy old Sable or something, which has no suspension to begin with. One sharp turn at 90 will roll that piece of crap over.

Real stupid. That's why I save my racing for the track.
Old 11/5/05, 07:48 AM

As a flight nurse this is the kind of stuff I see everyday I go to work. There is a pretty hardcore street racing cult in this area containing several 8-9 second cars, they usually race on state highways that are 4 lane and divided. I have flown several "kids" that I have seen on the street and raced myself. I won't say that I don't take any challenges on the street but I am picky about which ones and where they happen, and how far I am going to "get in to it."
There is NOTHING worse than landing on scene to find victims (young people/women/children) either deceased from trauma or only to die in your care en route to the trauma center.
Old 11/5/05, 08:11 AM
Big Falken Tires

Dang that is sad..... and way too tragic.

You know, I am not perfect but I wish more people would think of stuff like this and actually use some grey matter in themost basic of situations. Fine you have a cool car but come on:

Case in point - YESTERDAY - street lights are STILL out in many areas here due to Wilma so commutes home on surface streets take alot more time because intersections need to be treated as four way stops by all - and in rush hour, it really backs up. So I am headed to wash the car and this big intersection (45 mph limit) actually has officers directing traffic - so I am stopped first in line at the intersection waiting for them to let me and my side go, I notice a 94-98 era red GT that looks slightly modded in the lane to my right about three cars back (I am in the middle lane). Younger guy with his hat on backwards and he is eyeing my car.

I am busy watching the cops cause there are four of them and I am in that 'drive like your parents are with you' mode I always do when I am staring at an officer. They signal my side to go so I accelerate across the intersection and do it casually so the Flowmasters don't start roaring.......

And I swear we are literally 20 feet past the interesection if that, this kid comes up on my right and he has a mean sounding exhaust - and he GETS ON IT - I mean leans on it and pulls past me hard and loud and then slows up a bit and watches for me in his mirror, looking for me to take the bait.

I am like - surface street, rush hour traffic going home, cars everywhere, and right in front of a group of tired cops??!? Are you even thinking at all?

This guy was apparently in the wrong line when they handed out common sense.... hopefully when he pulls some stupid crap like this again, he won't take anyone WITH him when/if something bad happens....
Old 11/5/05, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

about 45k people die in car accidents per year in the US and about 40% are caused by DRUNK drive. Just wanted to share that statistic
Old 11/5/05, 06:47 PM

Well you can all tell this kid that street racing is ok get over it.Last week in my town.Did not survive.I guess its ok thou :scratch:
Old 11/5/05, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by mikem@November 5, 2005, 8:50 PM
Well you can all tell this kid that street racing is ok get over it.Last week in my town.Did not survive.I guess its ok thou :scratch:
You do realize that street racing accidents account for a very very minute percentage of automobile deaths? The media likes to focus on it though, so the public perception is that it happens quite frequently. I don't condone street racing, but the media and movies like "The Fast and The Furious" have blown the severity of street racing out of proportion.
Old 11/5/05, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Street racing in a Sable? And he will probably survive. Why is it the person who causes these things lives?

Some people should just be shot . . . no trial.

Stupidity accounts for probably 90% of accidents. There should be an advertising campain about that.

"Have you been a moron today?" Brought to you by the people at Stamp Out Stupidity.
Old 11/5/05, 11:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Sonic05@November 5, 2005, 11:27 PM
Street racing in a Sable? And he will probably survive. Why is it the person who causes these things lives?

Some people should just be shot . . . no trial.

Stupidity accounts for probably 90% of accidents. There should be an advertising campain about that.

"Have you been a moron today?" Brought to you by the people at Stamp Out Stupidity.
Thats because the good die young and idiots live forever. its not fair but who said life is fair?
Old 11/6/05, 02:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@November 6, 2005, 12:18 AM
Thats because the good die young and idiots live forever. its not fair but who said life is fair?

word
Old 11/6/05, 09:20 AM

as we all know that drivin fast is fun, and so is racing, but crashing and killing yourself or someone else while being party to illegal street racing, IS NOT!!!

leave the racing to the track
Old 11/7/05, 01:53 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by max2000jp@November 5, 2005, 8:24 PM
You do realize that street racing accidents account for a very very minute percentage of automobile deaths? The media likes to focus on it though, so the public perception is that it happens quite frequently. I don't condone street racing, but the media and movies like "The Fast and The Furious" have blown the severity of street racing out of proportion.

Very true - and I hate the way the media portrays things (DRAG racing when it should be street racing, etc...)

But as far as percentages go?
Fine say a good number are because of DRUNK driving instead of street racing.... 10 to 1 maybe?

Valid point - but percentages don't justify or lessent he end result - another valid point is that everyone who gets killed in that tiny 1% ............is still 100% dead.
Old 11/7/05, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Here in Atlanta, not so much street racing as dumb-azz crotch rockets zipping around too much. Only good thing about that, is it's usually only them that gets hurt and no innocent bystandards.
Old 11/8/05, 06:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah, and most times the people who get into accidents street racing are the ones w/ slow azz retard cars like that sable. ones that shouldnt be over the speed limit much less trying to take a corner at 90+
Old 11/8/05, 10:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

WHO RACES A MERCURY SABLE??? WTF.
Old 11/8/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Too many people out there have lost their brain's owners manual. I've street raced, but I'm always aware of my surroundings and shut it down when it's not safe. Be smart, be safe.
Old 11/8/05, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I see a crotch rocket prolly once every 2 months do a wheelie and flip the bike at speed. Idiots.
Old 11/8/05, 11:19 AM
GT Member

the thing is people dont think....no one deserves to die but seriously if this kid would have thought for two seconds about what he was doing perhaps there would have been a better result.

Ive seen all kinds of street racers, those that will do it in heavy traffic and those that will wait for a open road with no-one on it at 3 am. It's not safe but a lot of things people do can be considered not safe. I mean heck i almost get killed everyday on my commute to school and back by some old grey hair doing something stupid...i almost think they are worse than drunks...

Quick Reply: This is for all you street racers