GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Adding Ford Racing Struts/Shocks - Stiffer Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/06, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On their web-site, Steeda recommends the FRPP struts with their UltraLites. As far as the ride being "stiffer" than when the Ultralites are installed with the factory struts, I am not sure about that- the compression and rebound is all wrong on the stockers when installed with lowered springs- if the FRPP units were designed (as FRPP claims) to work with lowering springs, then the ride quality should improve. I will be adding the FRPP units after the 1st of the year.

My ride quality is bad right now, in part, because rebound is a little slow on the stock units- tires break contact over uneven surfaces and take too long to return to the ground (bang!).

I also don't want shocks that I have to adjust all the time!

There are a lot of guys with the FRPP suspension package, which is going to be even firmer than the UltraLites- anybody out there care to comment on their FRPP package? How is it over uneven surfaces?
What I would really like to know is what is the set-up on the Steeda-built cars? I will bet that the ride is more supple than the ride I have right now- because my ride quality sucks.
Old 11/7/06, 02:26 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helicfii
On their web-site, Steeda recommends the FRPP struts with their UltraLites. As far as the ride being "stiffer" than when the Ultralites are installed with the factory struts, I am not sure about that- the compression and rebound is all wrong on the stockers when installed with lowered springs- if the FRPP units were designed (as FRPP claims) to work with lowering springs, then the ride quality should improve. I will be adding the FRPP units after the 1st of the year.

My ride quality is bad right now, in part, because rebound is a little slow on the stock units- tires break contact over uneven surfaces and take too long to return to the ground (bang!).

I also don't want shocks that I have to adjust all the time!

There are a lot of guys with the FRPP suspension package, which is going to be even firmer than the UltraLites- anybody out there care to comment on their FRPP package? How is it over uneven surfaces?
What I would really like to know is what is the set-up on the Steeda-built cars? I will bet that the ride is more supple than the ride I have right now- because my ride quality sucks.
I would have thought the same thing (your 1st paragraph).

Let us know how it feels when you put on the FRPP struts!