GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Accufab Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/06, 12:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got off the phone with a guy at Accufab, the Throttle Body has been made for the 05-06 Mustang and is on the dyno! They are very positive with the release of the T/B in the middle of March. He sounded very very pleased with the conversation we had and just to get a hint from him as to what we expect, I asked him if any good gains were coming from it, and his response was "well I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya!" jokingly. but he was very pleased to tell me gains were really good! So he said to def. check back in 30 days! I'll be checking then! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 01:27 PM
Cobra Member

sweet... more blah blah bull parts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

-Dan
Old 2/16/06, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Nice! Finally a throttle body I can look forward to.
Old 2/16/06, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Another vendor willing to take your money for useless parts. And somebody else that bought the B.S. they serve up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 2/17/06, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ February 16, 2006, 1:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just got off the phone with a guy at Accufab, the Throttle Body has been made for the 05-06 Mustang and is on the dyno! They are very positive with the release of the T/B in the middle of March. He sounded very very pleased with the conversation we had and just to get a hint from him as to what we expect, I asked him if any good gains were coming from it, and his response was "well I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya!" jokingly. but he was very pleased to tell me gains were really good! So he said to def. check back in 30 days! I'll be checking then! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
That'll be the easiest 10 hp you can bolt right on.
Old 2/17/06, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freebass55 @ February 16, 2006, 3:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice! Finally a throttle body I can look forward to.
[/b][/quote]

Whats wrong with the Granatelli?
Old 2/17/06, 11:31 PM
Former Vendor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOFISCH @ February 17, 2006, 10:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Whats wrong with the Granatelli?
[/b][/quote]

Clearly there is nothing wrong withthe Granatelli as it made more power then we promised
Old 2/17/06, 11:42 PM
Cobra Member

eh....

-Dan
Old 2/18/06, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Granatelli @ February 18, 2006, 12:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Clearly there is nothing wrong withthe Granatelli as it made more power then we promised
[/b][/quote]

Where in this thread did anyone say anything WAS wrong with your TB? Do you have some sort of filter program running through packet captures across the entire internet so when someone types your name you swoop in and tell us how wonderful you are? Like the movie Beetle Juice....don't say his name or he will appear.
Old 2/18/06, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawgman @ February 18, 2006, 6:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where in this thread did anyone say anything WAS wrong with your TB? Do you have some sort of filter program running through packet captures across the entire internet so when someone types your name you swoop in and tell us how wonderful you are? Like the movie Beetle Juice....don't say his name or he will appear.
[/b][/quote]

So now it is a bad thing to advertise as well? - Maybe I should change my name to Hawg Man. By your definition I am hogging the net [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

My point here is this, LFP, Motoblue, BBR, Accufab or Granatelli - they should ALL do about the same. The real reason why I chimed in was I read the negative crap about how this is a wasted money mod. If 1000 guys post good things and 5 say something negative, the 5 negative out weighs the 1000 positive.

This only happens on the automotive sites. I participate in many site on many subject (not Car Stuff Too) and it seems to me the car dude, regardless of Ford or Chevy, like to bash and focus on the negative over the positive
Old 2/18/06, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Granatelli @ February 18, 2006, 10:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So now it is a bad thing to advertise as well?[/b][/quote]
In a thread about Accufab, and not GMS... yes, it is. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Granatelli @ February 18, 2006, 10:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
the 5 negative out ways the 1000 positive.[/b][/quote]
Or "weighs" ?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Oh Don, I love you so. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

-Dan
Old 2/18/06, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor

Crumbs.... you 2 must be so proud of yourselves. As usual you looked for the negative and not the positive.

Clearly the point was why keep bashing the T body as a bad mod when it has been proven to be a good improvement. Even the guys that claim no power increase said it felt better everywhere when they drove it. That means peak power may not have gone through the roof but average power was up

This was not a commercial for me - it was an endorsement for the t body mod in general - why start an entire new post when there is already a thread focused on the GMS t-body that says it was great. I merely came here to say stop bashing the t body mod.
Old 2/18/06, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

My question was to Freebass55, as to why he was looking forward to this TB as opposed to others. I guess I should have worded it differently. I didn't think you guys would bring your stuff here. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 10:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe it was a bad idea that I started this thread.......
Old 2/18/06, 10:49 PM
Cobra Member

No, you did fine, Paul. I am happy Accufab is releasing their product. I didn't know they were, so, thanks for the thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Jeff, I would rather go with a company that I, personally, consider the best at what they do. If others want to buy from another company they can. Accufab is a proven winner, in my books.

J.R., you can be in the public eye TOO much. Sometimes it's better to stay out of a conversation.
Old 2/19/06, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Dave, I really should have worded it differently.
Old 2/19/06, 10:37 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Granatelli @ February 18, 2006, 12:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So now it is a bad thing to advertise as well? - Maybe I should change my name to Hawg Man. By your definition I am hogging the net [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Actually, it is kind of starting to get that way. You cannot seem to post without waving your own flag, reguardless of the topic. Fine, you have a business. But is there any perticular reason that with every single post you feel the need to remind us of your product and how superior it is to anything else on the market?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Granatelli @ February 18, 2006, 12:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My point here is this, LFP, Motoblue, BBR, Accufab or Granatelli - they should ALL do about the same. The real reason why I chimed in was I read the negative crap about how this is a wasted money mod. If 1000 guys post good things and 5 say something negative, the 5 negative out weighs the 1000 positive.
[/b][/quote]
No. Your point was to once again jump in to a thread and tell everyone how great you are. You didn't say brand X, Y, and Z should all do about the same. You said "My brand is clearly great". It's getting old. We know, we get it. You are the innovator of the industry. But ya know, for me, it really doesn't matter how great your products are. I also base my purchase decisions on a company's charactor and reputation. And you are driving yours right down the drain.
Old 2/19/06, 11:40 AM
GT Member

im not sure what you guys have against jr but he has done nothing wrong and you guys continue to bash him on this site seriusly guys you need to grow up
Old 2/19/06, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that it's great that there is another TB on the market. heck the aftermarket is embrassing our car like they should have done to ALL previous 4.6s.

With that being said, of course Accufab is going to sound excited about their product... THEY WANT YOU TO BUY IT! They are usually expensive and there has been no concrete evidence that this "mod" adds any power once tuned properly. Read FOURCAM330's posts here and on the Corral and he proves it through math, not marketing!

Quick Reply: Accufab Throttle Body