GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

5 month old GT hit while parked

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/05, 05:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pictures (law student + digital camera = unwise expenditure), but I thought I'd share with everyone that 5 month old Mustang GT was parked, legally, in the parking lot of a plaza that included a bar/restaurant that I was with my friends at this past Wednesday. While there there was a creepy looking couple (48 year old man with frosted tips) sitting to my right, and they even began asking the bartender (who is my good friend's sister) to come home with them and have 3 way sex with them. After she of course vociferously denied, they left, and in doing so, backed their monstrous Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500 into the driver's side front of my black GT and destroyed the bumper, hood, and lighting fixture. There just so happened to be a parked policeman sitting right there, so it was all recorded and of course they're 100% at fault, but their awful Progressive insurance company came out and inspected the damage yesterday and is lowballing me big time, stating that it is $1170 worth of damage. I subsequently took it to a body shop who said it is going to be minimum $2000, but probably $2500... insurance companies are such a joke. Anyway, just thought I'd share my pain. The lesson from all this, listen to my father and ALWAYS park far away from all other cars if at all possible (and it certainly was this time, I was just being lazy)!
Old 11/27/05, 05:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Won't your insurance company go after Progressive, and Progressive go after the retards?

That's how it should work.
Old 11/27/05, 06:46 PM
GT Member

Sorry about your car, but what about the three way?
Old 11/27/05, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

Yes, I'm bringing back my car to the shop tomorrow and he's going to itemize everything and fax it to Progressive, if Progressive refuses to pay the $2000+, then I will have my company go after Progressive.
Old 11/27/05, 06:52 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good luck with getting them!!
Old 11/27/05, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by topconbob@November 27, 2005, 7:49 PM
Sorry about your car, but what about the three way?

But seriously, I bet you'd like to do a three-way bat-dance on their stoopid noggins. Hopefully your insurance will go after theirs and you'll get your WISE choice/purchase back running again soon.
Old 11/28/05, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your car and hopefully the repairs will be done correctly. The only + thing is a policeman saw it happen. Otherwise, I'm 100% certain a couple like this wouldn't have left a note on your car admitting responsibility, forcing you to pay your deductable and potentially having your insurance increase.
Old 11/28/05, 03:22 PM
GT Member

Make sure its fixed correctly to your satisfaction. Contact your insurance company as well and let them know whats going on. You pay them good money and they will go after Progressive, which is a crappy insurance company to being with. My wife is an adjuster and HATES dealing with Progressive....They are cheap so they always low ball big time
Old 11/28/05, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry for your pain. I would of had the cop test the ah for a DWI.

Then I would of given him a 3 way with his truck up his ***.
Old 11/29/05, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Please let us how this ends.
Old 12/1/05, 08:20 PM
V6 Member

Thanks to everyone for their support - I appreciate it. It hurt like heck to see the 5 month old car cracked like this, I mean people walk by and say "Boy that truly is a dream car, I can't believe that happened!" and other sentiments like that. And yes I've heard Progressive is awful and constantly lowballs people - but the good news is that my bodyshop sent them a supplement, estimatating damges at $2500 and Progressive has approved it and will go ahead with the work at that price. THey are refusing to replace the hood because the damage to the hood is not severe, but I am going to get a new bumper, grille, and light fixture. How much do people think that this will hurt resale? Not that I want to sell my car anytime soon, but now I have to say that it's been hit - even though I was at 0 fault. And yes, I wish the cop would've given them a DUI/DWI, but he said he was going to "mail them a citation so as not to cause any real problems right now.".... unbelievable right?
Old 12/1/05, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

If the repair is done well you shouldn't lose any resale. Be sure the shop really does a good job on painting the bumper cover. This is where a repair will show its age if not done well with flaking, etc.
Old 12/2/05, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by geoffpelosi@December 1, 2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for their support - I appreciate it. It hurt like heck to see the 5 month old car cracked like this,
How's this? I took my son's car (an '04 Mustang) to work today because I didn't want the '05 to get it rained on, plus there was residual snow from the night before. Every morning I hit 7-11 for coffee, and I get it as usual, then head to work. After parking at the office garage, I get out and most of the snow on the car has melted, and I notice the left front fender was crumpled in. Some hineyhole at the 7-11 must have hit the car and took off without a note.

~$600 out of pocket to fix ($500 deductible, so why bother). Oh, and of course my son is trading in the car after the holidays for a Cobra.