GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

3 Tunes, Daily Driver, Which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/06, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
additionally, the idle is fine.. i haven't noticed a difference really. but one of the biggest things these tunes does, is cancel out that crappy throttle response!
Old 12/6/06, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
ive got all 3 tunes in 93 octane. the performance tune def doesnt have the low torque feel like the race tune does. the race tune is def the best but i just choose not to run it daily b/c i tend to have enough of a lead foot already with the torque tune. if i was going to the track w/o a doubt i'd go with the race tune.
Jim, So you use the 93 tq as your daily driver? I haven't used my 93 tq yet. How do you like it? Thanks
Old 12/6/06, 02:35 PM
GT Member

I am convinced I got a faulty 91 Race tune from Doug. Every single person thinks it is THE best. For me, my 91 Torque has quite a bit more power down low and just as much up top as the Race, soooooo why run the race tune. This is at least for me, which is why I am wondering if my tune race tune is messed up. Hopefully Doug will return one of my two voice mails and one email over the last 3 weeks.
Old 12/6/06, 06:31 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,723 Posts
I've also used the 93 Torque tune as my daily driver and have definitely noticed a considerable improvement in throttle response in both low and midrange RPM's, it also seems like that nasty throttle lag has decreased quite a bit as well..Overall I can really feel how the car seems to pull much harder and quicker in comparison with my previous SCT canned tunes..Next on the menu is the 93 race tune
Old 12/6/06, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

i herd a tune is all in your mind

no real difference
Old 12/6/06, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, tonight I finally tried my third and final tune... 93 torque. To be honest, I find that the 93 race pulls just as hard . Not only does the 93 race pull just as good from the start, it continues throughout... I really don't know why anyone would run the tq if you have the race. Needless to say, I pulled my car into the garage and reflashed back to the race where it'll stay. I only wish that I had the 93 performance to compare with...
Old 12/6/06, 06:54 PM

I don't have the 93 race tune as of yet ?? so all I can confirm at this point is what I posted previously about comparing the differences between the 93 torque tune and my previous SCT canned tunes..As I also mentioned before I plan on ordering the 93 race tune next along with the 89 performance tune.. In the meantime ? if your curious about comparing the race tune with the 93 performace tune ? why not just get Doug to swap your 87 performance tune in exchange for the 93 ? if for some reason you don't happen to like the 93, I'm sure that Doug wouldn't mind swaping back your 87 performance tune
Old 12/6/06, 08:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I don't have the 93 race tune as of yet ?? so all I can confirm at this point is what I posted previously about comparing the differences between the 93 torque tune and my previous SCT canned tunes..As I also mentioned before I plan on ordering the 93 race tune next along with the 89 performance tune.. In the meantime ? if your curious about comparing the race tune with the 93 performace tune ? why not just get Doug to swap your 87 performance tune in exchange for the 93 ? if for some reason you don't happen to like the 93, I'm sure that Doug wouldn't mind swaping back your 87 performance tune
Yeah, I may do that...
Old 12/6/06, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
When I first start the car it seems to idle slightly higher than stock, however drops back down to normal once warm and is fine. It almost revs like a motorcycle now. Throttle response is awesome.
It may only seem that way because of the outside temps now becoming colder where on the other hand ? when you were still running as stock ? the outside temps weren't quite as cold as they are now, therefore your idle isn't going to run as high..Perhaps you just didn't notice this at the time and can understand as to why it would seem like as though your idle was slightly higher than stock..
Old 12/6/06, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by thecarguy
I am convinced I got a faulty 91 Race tune from Doug. Every single person thinks it is THE best. For me, my 91 Torque has quite a bit more power down low and just as much up top as the Race, soooooo why run the race tune. This is at least for me, which is why I am wondering if my tune race tune is messed up. Hopefully Doug will return one of my two voice mails and one email over the last 3 weeks.

When I first received my tunes from Doug, the torque tune seemed to fall off drastically in the higher rpms....but the race tune felt good all through the rpm range. After Doug's dyno day in St. Louis, he sent me new and improved tunes as a result of his findings that day. The new tunes are so much better than the original tunes I received. The race tune is even stronger and the torque tune absolutely screams. The torque tune is what I'm running now and is my new favorite...it must be right on the money.