GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2006 Mustang GT - Project Log

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/05, 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like we know what Jon is doing the rest of the weekend!!!!!!

Have fun
Old 12/24/05, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NICE!! Congrats, Jon! And have fun!
Old 12/24/05, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW, looks great so far. Definitely post install pics of the ducktail when you get to it. I'm thinking of picking up their ducktail since it covers the factory holes as you stated.
Old 12/24/05, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Just wanted to add a note about ProChargers:

1. You should start running higher octane fuel a few tanks ahead of time. That way you have a tank of near pure 91 or 93 octane. I have been running 87, so I will add some octane booster and then run a tank or two of 91 through before I go see the tuner. I won't go WOT until I have a tune with the proper octane. I recieved the 05 kit so I won't even install the predator canned tune.

2. Make sure you have plenty of coolant ready because you will have to drain and refill the cooling system.

3. The ProCharger kit comes with a Boost a Pump. Sweeet.

4. If you buy the MAFia you don't have to splice the MAF wiring.

5. It doesn't hurt to get a Steeda PCV Oil/Air Seperator.

Jon
Old 12/24/05, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mas35NYR@December 24, 2005, 1:02 PM
WOW, looks great so far. Definitely post install pics of the ducktail when you get to it. I'm thinking of picking up their ducktail since it covers the factory holes as you stated.
Will do, it will be a month or so. It's going to be a pain to get the stripes and parts painted under the clearcoat.

Jon
Old 12/24/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

That exhaust is too low. Even though I hate their sound, contact spintech. They could bend you up some oval piping for that side exhaust. Oval where you need it, and round at the ends to mate up to your tips, and mid pipes.

Just a thought....Enjoy your project.
Old 12/25/05, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree that it is too low. It's going to get even lower once I install the Saleen Suspension in a week or two. I plan on building a ground plate/bracket that will protect the side exhaust so that I can go over speed bumps without damaging anything. I wish cervinis had put a little more time into the design. They could have made the exhaust tips extend further to allow for more clearance where it matters. It kind of sucks that the exhaust sits even lower than the side skirts. I like it enough that I'm going to learn to live with it.

Jon
Old 12/25/05, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

ProCharger install is going well. The harmonic dampener bolt was a pain to get broken loose. The instructions say to reuse the washer from the stock bolt, but it is integrated into the bolt. Maybe this is a difference between 05 and 06. I'm going to check with ProCharger before I'm done. I also discovered that the MAFia I ordered is for the older mustangs so I will have to exchange it for one with the correct connectors. So far I have everything removed and the ProCharger mounted. Next up is the cooling fan, belts, and intercooler.

Jon
Old 12/28/05, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Holly poo!!! ProCharger is installed with the stock tune right now. Took it out for some gas and octane boost to get my 1/2 tank of 87 to 91. On the way back I played around a little. It's got godly power. I'm waiting on Diablosport to release the update for the 06 ProChargers. They say it will be ready tomorrow so I'll download it and go out for more fun. I managed to get to the gas station and back with no check engine light on the stock tune. I'll post back once I have been for a ride with the new tune.

I plan on going to Denver for a dyno & custom tune tomorrow or the next day.

Question for those with ProCharger kit:

Does your bottom coolant hose rub on the front anti-roll bar? That's the only place I haven't been able to get the clearance I want.

Thanks

Jon
Old 12/29/05, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I had that problem with my lower hose. Cut the hose and used a splice and re-routed it. Solved the problem!

Your car's gonna be pretty slick when it's done! Keep us posted!

Kris
Old 12/29/05, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by KrisHorton@December 29, 2005, 1:05 PM
I had that problem with my lower hose. Cut the hose and used a splice and re-routed it. Solved the problem!

Your car's gonna be pretty slick when it's done! Keep us posted!

Kris
Kris,

Thanks for the info. Do you have any photos or diagram of the routing? I will take a closer look at mine this weekend and see what I can come up with. Can I purchase a splice at AutoZone?

Jon
Old 1/4/06, 11:15 AM
Cobra Member

No more posts or pics on this topic? I wanted to see the end result...
Old 1/4/06, 02:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

C'mon now....don't leave us hanging here! Got any more pics and descriptions of how the install went? Great thread btw!
Old 1/7/06, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Anything new to report?
Old 1/7/06, 09:20 PM
GTR Member

pics!!
Old 1/8/06, 12:20 AM
FR500 Member

SIDE EXHAUST!?!?
Old 1/8/06, 01:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Here are some photos of the completed install. I just recieved the Diablosport update for the 06 ProChargers on Friday.

My first problem came up after a quick test run around the block. The pulley that attaches to the stock harmonic balancer came loose and caused the belt to rub and fray. Luckily I had already ordered a spare. I spent tonight pulling it apart and retightening the bolt. And replacing the belt. After a test run it came loose again. Here is a breakdown of the problem:

ProCharger instuctions say to use the washer from the stock bolt. The washer is attached to the stock bolt so I purchased a similar one and used it. The first go around I tightened it to 35ftlbs and then a quarter turn further per ProCharger instructions. This last time I tightened until it wouldn't go any more. I'm thinking that the washer I am using is the problem. Would a lock washer be better? Maybe use some threadlock? Should I use only the bolt. Here are some photos.

Thanks for your help. I'll post more photos of the gauges and side exhaust soon.

Jon

05 ProCharger Install Guide

ProCharger Parts:

Before Photo:

After Photo:

Steeda PCV Filter & Autometer Boost Gauge Sensor:

Wires for Gauges:
Old 1/8/06, 02:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Here are a few of the gauge pod/gauges installed. The texture of the pod doesn't quite match, but most people think it looks stock. I probably would have gone with the Speed of Sound Gauge Pods if they made one for three gauges. I'll post some of the actual sender units later.

Jon

Old 1/8/06, 04:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Looking good! Thats a crapload of wires!
Old 1/8/06, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Tell me about it. Wait until you see all the junk in the trunk.

Jon

Quick Reply: 2006 Mustang GT - Project Log