GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2006 Mustang GT - Project Log

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/05, 12:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to say thanks to everyone at TheMustangSource Forums for all the knowledge I have gained from the community. Here is my contribution back. Please post if you would like more info/photos of anything that I have installed.

I am working on installing the following. I will post more photos and information shortly.

Engine Performance:

* Installed - ATI ProCharger - 425rwhp Goal
* Received - Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
* Installed - Steeda PCV Oil Separator Install

Handling Characteristics:

* Received - Saleen Suspension Kit
* Ordered - BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW2 Tires - 255/35/20 & 285-30/20
* Ordered - Raceline GT 20x8.5 & 20x10 Wheels & Spinners
* Received - StopTech 14in Big Brake Kit - Black Slotted
* Received - StopTech Drilled Rear Rotors
* Received - Hawk Performance Ceramic Street Pads
* Received - ATE Gold Brake Fluid

Performance Monitoring:

* Installed - AutoMeter A-Pillar 3 Gauge Pod
* Installed - AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges - Air/Fuel - Fuel Press - Boost/Vac
* Installed - G-Tech Pro RR Performance Meter
* Installed - Digimoto ELM OBD-II Monitoring

Exterior Appearance:

* Received - Cervinis Eleanor Body Kit
* White Racing Stripes - Painted
* Installed - 15% Ceramic Window Tint & Felt
* Received - Redline QuickLIFT Elite
* AM/FM Antenna Delete
* Painted Washer Nozzles
* Ordered - Painted Side Mirrors
* Received - Ninosport Vinyl Door Sill Letters
* Pro-Fit Linear Fuel Door

Exterior Lighting:

* Installed - Sequential Tail Lights
* Ordered - Saleen HID Headlights

Ticket Avoidance:

* Installed - Valentine One Radar Detector - Hardwire
* Received - Lidatek LE-30 Laser Defense System

Entertainment Upgrades:

* Installed - Custom Car Computer
* Installed - Lorex 1/4 CCD Color Backup Camera
* Optima RedTop Battery
* Installed - JL Audio Amps & Speakers

Interior Ambience:

* Installed - Illuminated Engine Start Button
* Installed - Gentex LED Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
* Installed - Redline Leather Shift/E-Brake/Armrest Boots
* Ordered - Pony/Tri-bar Headrest Embroidery

Interior Convenience:

* Installed - Ultimate Cup/Sunglass Holders
* Installed - Accident Document Kit & Camera
* Installed - Oakley Polarized Prescription Sunglasses
Old 12/22/05, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Reserved for Project Summary...
Old 12/22/05, 12:44 AM
Cobra Member

wow, okay. I suppose thats all cool.

If this was posted on Stangnet Im sure it would be deleted shortly cause this is very much like a "look at me" post.

$%&# Stangnet

Enjoy the car, dont blow it up.

-Dan
Old 12/22/05, 05:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's all cool and all, but you really didn't give anything back, besides "look at all the stuff I got". Well, you did say you were going to post some information shortly.

Lots of cool stuff though, sounds like it's a nice car.
Old 12/22/05, 06:39 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you keeping it vista blue?
Old 12/22/05, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, its going to be Vista-Blue with white racing stripes. I have around 300-400 photos so far. I haven't had much time to resize them and post. I will have some time over the holidays so expect some updates.

Jon
Old 12/22/05, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

That's quite a list. Hope it's what you want after she's done.

I'm so picky, I change only one thing at a time and make sure it was in fact an 'upgrade'. Ha. And I ponder things forever.
Old 12/22/05, 11:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

oh i want to see this!
Old 12/22/05, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Cleveland+December 22, 2005, 2:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleveland @ December 22, 2005, 2:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If this was posted on Stangnet Im sure it would be deleted shortly cause this is very much like a "look at me" post.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Hatchman
@December 22, 2005, 7:59 AM
That's all cool and all, but you really didn't give anything back, besides "look at all the stuff I got". Well, you did say you were going to post some information shortly.
[/quote]
is this thread not exactly like what brad is doing for the psh? john (adrenalin)'s thread for his car? i love this type of thing!
Old 12/22/05, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Here is some info on the Cervinis kit:

So far I have installed the upper and lower side scoops and the side exhaust. I would recommend that anyone who is installing these look them over and sand down any rough edges before sending them to the paint guy. Otherwise they look great and fit very well.

The side exhaust was a little bit more involved. I had the side skirts painted and then installed them using the screws and double stick tape. It's a tight fit and I had to modify a few holes to get everything lined up correctly. The drivers side exhaust installed easily. I had to cut 3/4in from the passenger side tube to get the exhaust tip to line up properly.

Note that once the side exhaust kit is installed it will have to be removed to perform any suspension work. The pipes sit just below the drive line and will hit if the rear suspension is not compressesed.

Also note that the exhaust tubing sits about 3.5in from the ground using the stock suspension. It's the band that holds the exhaust tip on. Everytime I hit bottom I have to adjust the exhaust tip.

I have also experienced a loud grinding noise when doing a near abs stop on the interstate. I think that the stock suspension rises up enough that the driveline rubs on the exhaust pipes. I'm hoping the Saleen Suspension kit solves this problem.
Old 12/22/05, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I ponder things forever too. I have been pondering/trying to find wheels to fit the BBK for 4 weeks now. The addiction started about 6 months ago when I placed the order for my mustang without ever sitting in one. Some mods have trickled over from my last project so it makes some of the decisions easier. Thanks for the feedback. This is going to be a fun thread.

Jon
Old 12/22/05, 12:00 PM
V6 Member

nice ride u got.. everything is great .. just the wheells imo !!
Old 12/22/05, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by thestoogeo@December 22, 2005, 12:52 PM
I ponder things forever too. I have been pondering/trying to find wheels to fit the BBK for 4 weeks now. The addiction started about 6 months ago when I placed the order for my mustang without ever sitting in one. Some mods have trickled over from my last project so it makes some of the decisions easier. Thanks for the feedback. This is going to be a fun thread.

Jon
I admire your passion and your attention to detail. I'm the same way when it comes to my cars. You realize 'bolt-on' is a relative term and you go the extra mile to make sure everything fits the way you have envisioned it. Looks like a neat project.
Old 12/22/05, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow 3" off the ground for the exhaust and 4.5" on the side. Way too low, I wanted to do this to my car just can bring myself to do it, being mine's a daily driver
Old 12/22/05, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by gt6974a@December 22, 2005, 12:33 PM
Wow 3" off the ground for the exhaust and 4.5" on the side. Way too low, I wanted to do this to my car just can bring myself to do it, being mine's a daily driver
Yea I'm a little disappointed that the exhaust itself sits so low. The photo is decieving, it's 3 1/2in but when I install the Saleen suspension I'm going to be around 2 1/2in. If they would widen out the exhaust tube and really optimize it to fit I would say we could get about an inch to an inch and a half back. The biggest problem for me is that when it bottoms out I have to readjust the tips. I plan on building a ground plate/bracket that will protect the exhaust.

I wish Cervini's had disclosed more information about the kit before I purchased it. I might have gone a different direction as well. Looks are a good thing, but functionallity/performance is first in my book. I do ton's of research before buying and there are still suprises.

This car will be my daily driver as well. I'll have to post some photos of my trunk I have 3 JL audio amps, a car pc, and a JL 12in woofer and I have more room than the shaker 1000.

Jon
Old 12/22/05, 01:03 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck with all of that. I hope the finish project comes out exactly how you picture it.

The thing is with mods, if you wait a little bit, there is always going to be something else that you would have wanted to do. If you have the $$$$ to change things as you please, then it's not a big deal, but for us common folk, one thing at a time...... And then, maybe..... It will be complete.
Old 12/23/05, 06:21 AM
GT Member

i just installed mt side exhaust last night now i have to do side scirts today , but i saw when you took a pic of exhaust on the floor the bent pipe was on the driver side ,while layed out , that bent side has to go on passenger side maybe if you installed it on whong side that is the reason for the cutto the passenger side exhaust ,, just my 2 cents , and wow i hope i dont have problems w clearance w these babies
Old 12/23/05, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Keep the install photos coming. It’s nice to see how a kit goes together on a car and the quality of the components.
Old 12/23/05, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by godspeed@December 23, 2005, 6:24 AM
i just installed mt side exhaust last night now i have to do side scirts today , but i saw when you took a pic of exhaust on the floor the bent pipe was on the driver side ,while layed out , that bent side has to go on passenger side maybe if you installed it on whong side that is the reason for the cutto the passenger side exhaust ,, just my 2 cents , and wow i hope i dont have problems w clearance w these babies
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. Your right I laid the parts out before I recieved the instructions from Cervini's. The bent tube is installed on the passanger side. I had to cut the bent tube a little to get the exhaust to line up. Overall the kit fits nicely. I'm still a little worried about the spacing between the exhaust pipes and the gas tanks.

Jon

P.S. Tomorrow is the first day of vacation until the 2nd. The ProCharger will be here on Tuesday and I will be posting alot more photos/video clips.
Old 12/24/05, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

FEDEX IS AWESOME! I was supposed to recieve the supercharger on next Tuesday, but they are delivering anything that looks like a christmas present early. So I got it today!! Let the fun begin.

Jon

Quick Reply: 2006 Mustang GT - Project Log