The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   The 2005+ Exhaust Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/2005-exhaust-thread-411500/)

acadian 11/10/05 02:09 PM

Thanks again for hosting. Don't be too upset... and I'm sure others will say this, but it sounds pretty rough. Nothing to rush home for, that's for sure.

Edit: I just listened to the video again, and you cannot tell how loud it really is. The idle does sound really good though once it warms up and you can hear that in the video.

GtStallion51 11/10/05 02:21 PM

acadian,

that video with or without cats ?

acadian 11/10/05 02:27 PM

Sorry, I didn't specify... that's the Bassani off-road (no cats) x-pipe and the SLP Loudmouths (no mufflers).

red454 11/10/05 02:41 PM

Originally posted by acadian@November 10, 2005, 3:30 PM
Sorry, I didn't specify... that's the Bassani off-road (no cats) x-pipe and the SLP Loudmouths (no mufflers).

Any chance of getting some video (sound) of the car in motion?

acadian 11/10/05 02:42 PM

I don't have a video camera... just have a webcam hooked to my computer. And I also don't have a laptop, so don't think I could swing that.

mustang196905 11/10/05 07:55 PM

anyone with bassani axle backs plus bassani offroad x pipe ? wanna hear this to see if i want the x pipe

acadian 11/11/05 08:06 AM

Originally posted by mustang196905@November 10, 2005, 8:58 PM
anyone with bassani axle backs plus bassani offroad x pipe ? wanna hear this to see if i want the x pipe

My Bassani axleback is coming today... should have it on tonight or tomorrow morning. I will get a sound clip this weekend and put it on here Monday morning. I still don't have internet at home, so that's the earliest I can do it.

Kluski 11/11/05 10:12 AM

I can host that one too, but I wont be able to until lunch on Monday probably.

I think the problem with the sound is it recorded to loud or something. To me it sounded like the volume was too high. Not sure, I am not a sound guy or anything.

But I could tell it must have been real loud in person.

acadian 11/11/05 11:30 AM

No, you are probably right about it being too loud. The mic was at the same volume as when I recorded my last clip of the gutted factory h-pipe and Magnaflows. This was just 3-4 times louder, so I should have turned down the mic. I didn't have much time to get this one, but I'll take my time when I record the full Bassani and it should sound a lot better. And thanks for offering to host. I'll probably e-mail it to you Monday, and you can put it on here whenever you get the time.

acadian 11/14/05 08:45 AM

I installed the Bassani axleback this weekend, and I am extremely impressed. The quality is obviously top notch. So was Bassani's x-pipe. The actual polished x-pipe and these Bassani tips are more like works of art than parts for a car. I would rate quality a 10.

Looks also get a 10. These tips are monsters. The only thing I don't like is that you can see the mufflers from behind. More than the stock mufflers or my old Magnaflows because I believe the Bassani mufflers are longer and therefore stick out more towards the rear. But that's not Bassani's fault. That's the design of the car. I will definitely paint the mufflers flat black like I did with my Magnaflows.

Sound get's a 10 and a half. The mufflers, I mean. The x-pipe would get a 9, simply because it can sound a bit rough when I get on it. I think part of that is obviously because there are no cats... but I'm also thinking that will smooth out a bit once I've driven more with this setup. After another 200 miles or so, it should be smoother. This setup does sound awesome though. The mufflers have a very deep tone, similar to Borla's I have heard on other Mustangs, and then combined with an x-pipe just gives it a really mean sound like nothing you hear on the streets. I have a few videos (parked, take-off and a driveby) that I will e-mail to Kluski and hopefully he'll post them here sometime after lunch. Keep in mind though that I recorded them with a cheap webcam, so the video and sound isn't that great. But it gives you an idea. And yes, I took an extension cord and dragged my computer and monitor out to the street. My wife thought I was nuts. The things I do for TMS. :jester: Good thing I live in the middle of nowhere and people weren't driving by to witness this.

I'll also post a couple pics showing the Bassani tips. Pictures don't even do them justice. They are huge, as you can probably see, but they are also beautiful. The polishing they did is immaculate. I recommend both the Bassani x-pipe and the axleback to anyone. I have tried a number of different exhaust combinations on this car, and this one is the best BY FAR.

Kluski 11/14/05 10:08 AM

Holy cow, those tips are big.

You can paint the back of themuffler to help conceal it somewhat. I used BBQ/Boiler paint and painted mine flat black.

acadian 11/14/05 10:19 AM

Originally posted by Kluski@November 14, 2005, 11:11 AM
Holy cow, those tips are big.

You can paint the back of themuffler to help conceal it somewhat. I used BBQ/Boiler paint and painted mine flat black.

I did the same thing on my old Magnaflows. I used some high-temp flat black paint that's used for engines, etc. Definitely hides the mufflers. I'll probably do that this weekend.

Wardog 07 11/14/05 10:39 AM

FYI for those on a budget.

After my SLP Power-Flo's and then the Hooker Axle-backs, I went back to stock setup with $20 tips from JEGS.

Kluski 11/14/05 11:07 AM

Here is Acadian's clips

bassani-fromstop

bassani-offroad

acadian 11/14/05 02:04 PM

Thanks again for hosting, Chris. And sorry to everyone about the quality. These were taken with a $50 webcam. The videos don't do the exhaust any justice. It sounds awesome, and no drone at all.

silverado 11/14/05 02:53 PM

[attachmentid=38679]I dove in and got the Corsas. Easy install. Nice rumble. A little louder than the stock mufflers. Could be a little louder but with headers and a S/C upgrade, I believe the sound will be beautiful:) You can hear a sound clip from their site..Corsa.com.

tom281 11/16/05 04:56 PM

Originally posted by acadian@November 14, 2005, 12:22 PM
I did the same thing on my old Magnaflows. I used some high-temp flat black paint that's used for engines, etc. Definitely hides the mufflers. I'll probably do that this weekend.

What Bassani axle-back do you have, the stainless or aluminum? I was wondering because I wouldn't think that you'd have to paint the stainless kit; it looks awesome! Just curious.....

tom281

acadian 11/16/05 07:15 PM

Originally posted by tom281@November 16, 2005, 5:59 PM
What Bassani axle-back do you have, the stainless or aluminum? I was wondering because I wouldn't think that you'd have to paint the stainless kit; it looks awesome! Just curious.....

tom281

I got the Bassani BX axleback, which is the aluminum one, because I was on a budget. The mufflers are definitely not pretty. They will look a lot better after a few coats of black paint. :nice:

Cheese302 11/16/05 07:23 PM

the stainless works video is awesome, that car sounds amazing

tom281 11/17/05 06:31 AM

Originally posted by acadian@November 16, 2005, 9:18 PM
I got the Bassani BX axleback, which is the aluminum one, because I was on a budget. The mufflers are definitely not pretty. They will look a lot better after a few coats of black paint. :nice:

Good idea! Let us know how it goes.