Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

what is best wax/ car care products

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/12, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is best wax/ car care products

I like mothers products only thing I use on whole car. What products do you like. I am hope this turns into a Ford vs Chevy sort of thing. Mothers vs turtle wax vs ......
Old 6/20/12, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like Meguiars NXT
Old 6/21/12, 12:38 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Collinite 915 and pinnacle souveran liquid. Turtle wax liquid hard shell is great stuff too!
Old 6/21/12, 05:54 AM
GT Member

I just tried Surf City Barrier Reef Carnauba wax on my new 2012 and was very pleased. Easy to use and unbelievable gloss shine. No residue on the black trim. I had previously used a Maguires Ultimate Quick Wax but it left a large stain on the bumper and streaks on the hood. I then tried Maguires Quick Detailer to try and get them off, but it didn't work. I assumed they were permanent. Granted, the spots were hard to see, and only from an angle, but they were there. I was surprised after waxing with the Carnauba wax the spot on the bumper and hood streaks were all gone.
Old 6/21/12, 10:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Black fire wet diamond
Old 6/21/12, 10:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Zymol HD Clense followed by Zymol Carbon
Old 7/1/12, 08:22 PM
GT Member

Ok but does any that have a clay bar or dash cleaner of mag aluminum cleaner mothers all the way
Old 7/2/12, 05:36 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used mother's reflections wax after a clay bar (also mother's). Never used it before, but it looks pretty good to me. Not crazy about the smell, almost perfumey, but that's minor.

what is best wax/ car care products-image-2818299762.jpg
Old 7/2/12, 07:43 AM
GT Member

Great looking ride
Old 7/2/12, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

NXT for me

I like Meguiar's NXT. I am also a fan of the Mr. Clean Car Wash system. I've about cleaned out the leftover stock at the NAPA warehouse. It might be time to hit up E-bay to see what refills are still available. I've wondered about using an RV water filter on my hose bib to get rid of minerals and water spots. My Bullitt has never had water spots and minimal scratches from drying. The Mr. Clean air dry works great for me.
Old 7/2/12, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

I use a little of everything.

Wash - Meguires Ultimate Wash/Wax -or- Mothers California Gold Carnuba Wash and Wax
Clay - Meguires Clay Kit -or- Mothers California Clay Bar System
Swirl Repair - Meguires Medium Cut Cleaner #1, Swirl Free Polish #82, Machine Glaze #3
Buff - Meguires Show Car Glaze #7
Sealant - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wax - Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax
QD - Mothers California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer -or- Meguires Ultimate Quik Detailer
Wheels & Tires - Meguires All Wheel Cleaner & Meguires Gold Class High Endurance Tire Gel
Windows - Stoner Invisible Glass
Trim - Mothers Back-to-Black

I'm currently in the process of restoring my exterior after driving a 2100 mile rally from June 19th to the 21st. (http://realdealbrazil.blogspot.com/2...-in-rally.html) The car needed to be done prior to putting the decals on, so after removing the decals it's the perfect time to begin. The decals left very little residue, virtually none if removed after the car baked in the sun (but your fingertips get burnt if you aren't careful).

The has been washed and clayed, it's now resting comfortably in a garage waiting for me to get home and begin taping and buffing out swirls. I'll take some before and after pix to post in a separate thread for anyone interested.
Old 7/2/12, 02:46 PM
GT Member

Can't wait to see pics. I will check out some of the products you use. I just wash then clay then use mother detail then the wax
Old 7/2/12, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just heard about this the other day, a friend who is a professional detailer recommended it for "us amateurs."

Old 7/2/12, 07:00 PM
GT Member

Anybody used the mothers top coat yet? I'm curious how much difference it will make over the wax.
Old 7/8/12, 07:18 PM
GT Member

Was going to wash my car today but God decided that hr was going to wash it all day
Old 7/8/12, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BTR-75
I use a little of everything.

Wash - Meguires Ultimate Wash/Wax -or- Mothers California Gold Carnuba Wash and Wax
Clay - Meguires Clay Kit -or- Mothers California Clay Bar System
Swirl Repair - Meguires Medium Cut Cleaner #1, Swirl Free Polish #82, Machine Glaze #3
Buff - Meguires Show Car Glaze #7
Sealant - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wax - Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax
QD - Mothers California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer -or- Meguires Ultimate Quik Detailer
Wheels & Tires - Meguires All Wheel Cleaner & Meguires Gold Class High Endurance Tire Gel
Windows - Stoner Invisible Glass
Trim - Mothers Back-to-Black

I'm currently in the process of restoring my exterior after driving a 2100 mile rally from June 19th to the 21st. (http://realdealbrazil.blogspot.com/2...-in-rally.html) The car needed to be done prior to putting the decals on, so after removing the decals it's the perfect time to begin. The decals left very little residue, virtually none if removed after the car baked in the sun (but your fingertips get burnt if you aren't careful).

The has been washed and clayed, it's now resting comfortably in a garage waiting for me to get home and begin taping and buffing out swirls. I'll take some before and after pix to post in a separate thread for anyone interested.
Stoners invisible glass is a great product. Much easier to use than Rain X and just as good. One watch out. Never use it on the inside of the windows. (it's kind of easy to forget. It makes a huge mess, learn from my mistake.
Old 7/10/12, 07:08 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by redneb
Stoners invisible glass is a great product. Much easier to use than Rain X and just as good. One watch out. Never use it on the inside of the windows. (it's kind of easy to forget. It makes a huge mess, learn from my mistake.
I use it all the time on the inside with no problems/mess whatsoever, what kind of problems does it cause for you?
Old 7/10/12, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Menzerna Powerlock
swissvax

Best stuff hands down
Old 7/17/12, 10:55 PM
GT Member

I like Zaino best, but it's expensive. It does smell good, though! Meguiar's is the best value, in my opinion, and what I use on my wife's SUV.
Old 7/17/12, 11:16 PM
V6 Member

I used Turtle wax hard cover.... Its always pretty good.. The one I haven't tried is Black fire wet diamond

Quick Reply: what is best wax/ car care products