Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Street Race Poll

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/05, 06:53 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With all the finger wagging around here :nono: , I'm just curious how an honest poll would turn out.

Be honest
Old 6/23/05, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let`s just say i dont like to be challenged at all........pedal to the metal.......
Old 6/23/05, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

In all honesty, I will run her up once in a while. Just have to use my head.
It won't be a daily, or weekly, or even a monthly thing, but if the right opportunity presents itself, I will have rice for dinner.
Old 6/23/05, 07:09 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by ponyboy66@June 23, 2005, 8:10 PM
In all honesty, I will run her up once in a while. Just have to use my head.
It won't be a daily, or weekly, or even a monthly thing, but if the right opportunity presents itself, I will have rice for dinner.
Would you like to add an eggroll?
Old 6/23/05, 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

What's the point of buying a fast car if you are not going to have some fun? I know street racing can be pretty stupid and dangerous, but these cars are sold for a reason, and very few people have access to a track anyway, so what else is there to do? As long as you use your head, I see nothing wrong with it.

I’m one of the safest drivers out there (I know, everybody says that, but I have not had an accident for 9+ years ::knocks on wood:, but I still have the need to let my Mustang do what it’s built to do.

It's only the true idiots that cause problems. One bad apple . . . . you know the rest.
Old 6/23/05, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

I'm on the record as being against street racing, but I'm also a whole lot older than you guys. For me the point of having a fast car is to be able pass safely on a 2 lane road and to be able to merge quickly into freeway traffic. Maybe because I'm older, but I've never been challenged on the street, except by a couple of 10 year old boys who wanted me to light them up. I obliged. Does that count?
Old 6/23/05, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Nothing beats having the power to pass safely or make a turn with oncoming safely because of the power of your car. That said, bring it on rice boy!
Old 6/23/05, 07:22 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by scottie1113@June 23, 2005, 6:22 PM
but I've never been challenged on the street, except by a couple of 10 year old boys who wanted me to light them up. I obliged. Does that count?

Did they burn long?
Old 6/23/05, 07:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by scottie1113@June 23, 2005, 8:22 PM
I'm on the record as being against street racing, but I'm also a whole lot older than you guys. For me the point of having a fast car is to be able pass safely on a 2 lane road and to be able to merge quickly into freeway traffic. Maybe because I'm older, but I've never been challenged on the street, except by a couple of 10 year old boys who wanted me to light them up. I obliged. Does that count?
A very good friend of mine died at 58 a few years ago. He had a C5, and even with all that road under his belt, he drove it like it was made to be driven.

I'm convinced that people do get wiser as they get older, but people still often have different opinions and attitudes.
Old 6/23/05, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

the problem is every track in let`s say your area most are being closed due to stupid thing like noise, air polution , ect .. or are being developed for housing...this leaves less and less places to race legally... under the upmost safe conditions and with emergency crews.... with that being said the police need to do more to provid us with a sfe place to do it... but nothing really beats doing it on the street... the rush... but i would rather do it safe.
Old 6/23/05, 07:36 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by WERKED 66@June 23, 2005, 8:35 PM
but nothing really beats doing it on the street... the rush... but i would rather do it safe.

Sounds like you need a Trojan for your car!
Old 6/23/05, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You forgot the option "When I was younger I would to the bar all night and get hammered and THEN go racing because my delayed reaction time kept me from roasting the tires when the light turned green".

People ask me why I don't drink anymore. I'm sooooooo overdue it's not even funny. In my younger days, you couldn't keep my foot out of it. Now, straight and narrow.

Sean
Old 6/23/05, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@June 23, 2005, 9:39 PM
Sounds like you need a Trojan for your car!
Old 6/23/05, 07:59 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@June 23, 2005, 5:56 PM
With all the finger wagging around here :nono: , I'm just curious how an honest poll would turn out.

Be honest
I've never been able to figure that out. Why all the wagging

Anyway your poll has too big a gap. The difference between 2 and 3 is the size of the Grand Canyon
Old 6/23/05, 07:59 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I try and use my judgement,

Unlike some people, I would never consider driving over the speed limit in a heavily populated area where there could be pedestrians or schoolkids, should someone lose control.

The only time I open it up is on highway onramps or in a secluded area. This way the only person I can hurt is myself
Old 6/23/05, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I think there really is an option missing here. I'll street race, but only to an extent. I won't go *all out* as that to me is exceeding 100 MPH which I will NOT do on the street. I'll take it up to 80 at best, then I shut down and coast back to speed limit or limit + 10.
Old 6/23/05, 09:05 PM
I lust for a M24

OK... OK... if you'll exceed the speed limit by more than 20 mph, vote go all out... you guys are brave.
Old 6/23/05, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

not that i am proud of it but i was once pulled over doing 95 in a 45 by hwy 2 . i was lucky to get off without a ticket...it was like 4 in the morn and i had my girlfriends car at the time.. 96 sho= to much crap and way to much to fix, thought i had a tranny problem so i gunned it.... no one was around but i was tired of fixing stuff on that car .. the parts are way over priced...
Old 6/23/05, 09:22 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Stubbies@June 23, 2005, 7:54 PM
I think there really is an option missing here. I'll street race, but only to an extent. I won't go *all out* as that to me is exceeding 100 MPH which I will NOT do on the street. I'll take it up to 80 at best, then I shut down and coast back to speed limit or limit + 10.
Sure bout that
Old 6/23/05, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

There wasnt a selection that really covered my Answer.

Yes, I have street raced, yes I have went way to freaking fast on the street.

However, I DO NOT do so any more, because of the simple fact that I grew up. I realized a while back that by going high rates of speed on public roads, it was no longer just my life that was in my hands, it was mine and the life of anyone else that may have had the misfortune of being involved in an accident I caused. If you realize it or not, every trip to the track, you take a chance on serious injury or death. When you race on the streets, you are taking that chance with other peoples lifes, which nothing in this world gives anyone the right to do.

Most people, at least in my opinion, do not realize just how quickly things can go bad when driving at very high rates of speed (90+ in my opinion) It doesnt take much at 100mph to make you leave the road, specially considering that 90% of the modded mustangs out there are lacking in the suspension department. As well as the fact that no production car is made to keep the driver safe when a crash does occur at those speeds.

I know very well that after doing it enough, most of us feel confident in driving our cars at high speeds. I know in the gt's I have owned, it felt like I was still in complete control at 100, 110, or even 120 mph. But the simple fact is that when you are on public roads, there are just too many variables to safely travel at those speeds. Some people will say that they can handle the car, and that they wont wreck. However, just watch ANY kind of professional racing on tv, and you will realize that even professional drivers, at one time or another no matter how skilled or expierianced they are, do at one time or other loose control. If they, can loose control of thier vehicle, then odds or so can you.

Anyway to make a short answer long, that is my opinion and thoughts on streets racing, put in the most mild way I know.

Quick Reply: Street Race Poll