Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Mustang or corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/08, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustang or corvette?

As most of you know...i am ready to pull the plug on a 2008 GT/CS VERT...

Heres my prob (why i didnt purchase the car yesterday)

For another $185 more a month (lease) i can get a 2008 C6 Corvette Coupe......

Input please.....

Thanks
Old 2/24/08, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally would rather own the Mustang GT/CS and if you wanna spring for an extra 185 a month find a GT500. Just my .02
Old 2/24/08, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

You are either a Mustang person or a Corvette person. Totally different types of enthusiasts.
Old 2/24/08, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

So would you be leasing the mustang also or buying it?

Not a big fan of leasing a car. Seems to me it's like flushing money down the toilet.
You pay for 2-3 years and what are you left with? Nothing but most likely a high dollar amount being due at the end of the lease for going over the mileage allowed and then no car and having to start over again.
Old 2/24/08, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
So would you be leasing the mustang also or buying it?

Not a big fan of leasing a car. Seems to me it's like flushing money down the toilet.
You pay for 2-3 years and what are you left with? Nothing but most likely a high dollar amount being due at the end of the lease for going over the mileage allowed and then no car and having to start over again.

i always lease...always have a carpayment, but ALWAYS have a NEW car....

Both would be lease/smart buy
Old 2/24/08, 12:52 PM
GT Member

This is the wrong forum to solve this question. It's on you. These cars are not comparable. A Corvette is a sportscar and here in Europe it has a touch of "red-light-district-ruler" (you know what I mean...) On the other side it is the american sportscar and in terms of driveability clearly a better choice.

On the other hand you have the Stang, the legend, the cool one...the one that girls like much more. I always steal a Corvette the show when appearing together.

Drive them and you'll know if you what a sportscar or a muscle.
Old 2/24/08, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Buy the one you like the most, you cant go wrong with either.

Rob
Old 2/24/08, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

My 2 cents.

If you want all out performance and want to have the fastest car on the block, get the Vette. Nothing beats a Corvette on performance per dollar.

If you want a car that rides goods, looks good, performs decent, and sounds good, get the Mustang. The Mustang is a good value and is an easier everyday driver.
Old 2/24/08, 01:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You are either a Mustang person or a Corvette person. Totally different types of enthusiasts.
There are a few people here that like both.
Like me.
I like a lot of different cars, but I only have a one car garage right now.
My Mustang is much better than the new Corvettes of 30 years ago.
My question on the topic is, "Do you ever carry people or things with you?".
The Mustang is much more useful on a day to day basis.
Old 2/24/08, 01:23 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just lease the vette since you can do any mods to the gt like a supercharger
Old 2/24/08, 01:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
As most of you know...i am ready to pull the plug on a 2008 GT/CS VERT...

Heres my prob (why i didnt purchase the car yesterday)

For another $185 more a month (lease) i can get a 2008 C6 Corvette Coupe......

Input please.....

Thanks
Apples and Oranges man! If you want to be seen in a Chevy.....Well thats a issue that needs far more therapy than this thread can provide......
Old 2/24/08, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I figure I'm qualified to comment on this issue as I have owned many mustangs and now have a 2007 C6 Corvette (traded my 05 GT - 5spd Man, Husrt Shifter, IUP, Side Air Bags, Flowmaster American Thunder, Blah, blah, blah). I don't regret it one bit. But, I got one hell of a deal on my Corvette (GMS = Ford A-plan). $42,250 - Type 2LT W/See through roof, Pushbutton Auto, Comp Grey Wheels, blah, blah, blah... The Mustang can't come close to the Corvette's performance envelope - it's almost insane how good and evil fast this thing (Corvette) is. That said, I never had a car get more head-turns than when that 05 was new on the scene! It's gotten a little common now and seems to be everywhere... But, wow, what a pretty car - Ford did indeed hit a home run with this body style! I was going to try and trade up to a Shelby GT500 but long story short - too much money for me to swallow. I wasn't willing to pay the "premium" just do have one. If you feel you can afford it, get the Corvette - I doubt you'll regret it. Additionally, Vetts have historically fantastic resale value.

Old 2/24/08, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

If you're leasing chances are you're not going to be modifying. I'd go with the vette.
Old 2/24/08, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree that they are totally different cars, and I also like both. It was an easy choice for me because occasionally I need the back seat for one of the kids.

Did you really expect the majority of the people on a Mustang enthusiast site to say "Get the vette"!
Old 2/24/08, 06:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like them both. An extra $185/mo is a lot of extra cash for a car that's going to bring only slightly larger smiles.

The 'Vette will be better for all out performance, but a Vert GT will bring you the most fun... if you're planning on driving on roads, get the Mustang, if you're planning on driving on a racetrack, get the 'Vette. $185/mo for 36mos is $6660.00
Old 2/24/08, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by topoffGT
I agree that they are totally different cars, and I also like both. It was an easy choice for me because occasionally I need the back seat for one of the kids.

Did you really expect the majority of the people on a Mustang enthusiast site to say "Get the vette"!

look at the replies....believe it or not, YES people are saying "get the Vette"
best prt is i posted same thread over at the biggest vette forum....they all pretty muched laughed of how big a piece of tin the stang is....CLASSLESS!
Old 2/24/08, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

look at the replies....believe it or not, YES people are saying "get the Vette"
best prt is i posted same thread over at the biggest vette forum....they all pretty muched laughed of how big a piece of tin the stang is....CLASSLESS!
Some people

Like most before me have mentioned. Each car his its own purpose. If you have a family or reason to use/need a back seat its obvious the vette is not a good choice. If its just you and the misses and the extra $185(which is a lot more more in my book) doesn't bother you. The vette is obviously a "better" car in terms of performance. As you know it beats most cars in any price range.

Need a good errand runner, fun weekend car. Go for the Mustang.

But theres no denying the vette being a great sports car. What are your needs?
Old 2/24/08, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JonCo
Some people

Like most before me have mentioned. Each car his its own purpose. If you have a family or reason to use/need a back seat its obvious the vette is not a good choice. If its just you and the misses and the extra $185(which is a lot more more in my book) doesn't bother you. The vette is obviously a "better" car in terms of performance. As you know it beats most cars in any price range.

Need a good errand runner, fun weekend car. Go for the Mustang.

But theres no denying the vette being a great sports car. What are your needs?

i have a 2007 ford edge fuly loaded for the wife and baby.....so this car is going to be my DD and just driven by me....if i do need to take family anywhere, i have the edge....
Old 2/24/08, 08:24 PM
Banned

hey guys......i learned something today.....Corvette owners are snobby, rude, disgusting people!

no manners!
no class!

I dont think i wanna be apart of that audience
Old 2/24/08, 08:32 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey guys......i learned something today.....Corvette owners are snobby, rude, disgusting people!

no manners!
no class!

I dont think i wanna be apart of that audience
I guess you asked the same question on a Corvette forum? If so, I don't doubt you walking away with that feeling. To me, that's another reason that makes the Mustang community so great, and the elitist attitude of many 'vette owners is not uncommon.

Quick Reply: Mustang or corvette?