Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Motor Trend picks the SRT8 over the GT500

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/08, 07:42 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Haljordan
Would you not call a Straight rear axle "archaic"?
Low self-esteem and short memories,that's why some of you are angry over this comparo. Short memories because Motor Trend loves this Gen Mustang,just in the April and June issue,they've covered 5,that's 5 Mustangs and all have had good write-ups. If you go back a while,they had a big feature on the GT500 and the writer proclaimed the best mustang ever made. This comparison test didn't say anything about the GT500 that hasn't been said,It didn't bash the car,and gee,do you think.............maybe the Challenger is a nicer car?? We all don't live a quarter mile at a time.
The people who get angry over these articles,especially articles like this one in which the car wasn't even bashed............these people must have enormous self-esteem issues. So your car or car company didn't get its *** kissed by a magazine,so what? You've wrapped your self-image up so much with whatever car or bike or car company that when said product doesn't make the grade or it gets a bad review,well,that's just like the magazine calling you a loser to your small little mind. Go ahead,write your hate-mail,cancel your subscription and cry yourself to sleep at night because your favorite car,which you've probably never driven,finished second place out of two cars. All the while,the editors and people reading the letters pages just laugh and feel pity for the idiot that has to put pen to paper to express his outrage that another human being has different opinion as he does. Knowing full well,if said magazine had praised his car,he would show it off and praise the writers for "getting it" and bring up it up on these and other forums to prove various points. How do people like this handle problems in the real world??
Did Motor Trend say the GT500 was a bad car? Did they say not to buy one? Did they say it was garbage? What's the problem? Seriously,where was Motor Trend wrong. Because the GT500 was faster? Big deal. Fast doesn't equal better,as you Camaro bashers have always cried about. Seriously,could someone give me a intelligent answer as to why this article prompted such anger?
Wow! You actually typed all that crap! Are you serious? This is a joke, right? It is my freedom to express myself on this forum, so while you disagree with me, I definitely disagree with you. And there it is. You want to know why it prompted so much anger? I don't see anger, I see opininon and humor, and a little disgust at what I have always noticed about Motor Trend. What's the problem with this on a Mustang forum? Did your son write the article or something? If you get your panties in a bunch over this, I think you need some self examination.
Old 5/6/08, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=2k7gtcs;5562223 You want to know why it prompted so much anger? I don't see anger, I see opininon and humor, and a little disgust at what I have always noticed about Motor Trend.[/quote]
"I hate Motor Trend." "Even the pictures make me mad" " I'm going to cancel my subscription"................wah,wah,wah. You see opinion and humor,i see typical fanboy whining. You'd think the Mustang wouldn't have so many owners that were Pussies. Why don't YOU and people of your ilk do alittle research,Motor Trend is Mustang-friendly. So your precious Shelby didn't win a comparision,grow a backbone and let your ********* descend,it happens. If you're a numbers *****,sure,then you think the Shelby should win,but numbers don't make a car. That's a losing battle and it's something children are obsessed with. A Cobalt SS can post better numbers than a Porsche SC,does that make it a better car? Hardly,and a few tenths of a second faster than a similar car is hardly anything to brag about in the Shelbys case,c'mon,who cares. The Camaro people are crying that their overexposed car didn't make the '24 cars worth waiting' list in Car and Driver..................jesus christ,when did Camaro and Mustang owners turn into 6-year old girls. CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY. Hey,what happens if the new '10 GT loses a comparo,you guys going to go home and cut your wrists???????
CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY....... ..............Losers.
Old 5/6/08, 08:57 AM
V6 Member

I'm logging out,i'm done. This forum is garbage and you people are idiots.
Old 5/6/08, 09:02 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Dude try some anger management. Or better yet get a life. If you don't like it you are more than welcome to leave.
Old 5/6/08, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Low self-esteem and short memories,that's why some of you are angry over this comparo.

The people who get angry over these articles,especially articles like this one in which the car wasn't even bashed............these people must have enormous self-esteem issues.

.. calling you a loser to your small little mind. Seriously,could someone give me a intelligent answer as to why this article prompted such anger?

CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY.CRY....... ..............Losers.

Dr. Phil, why aren't you following your own advice? Is someone upset that we aren't worshipping the Challenger? Self esteem issues?

Last edited by Vermillion06; 5/6/08 at 09:24 AM.
Old 5/6/08, 09:23 AM

"You've been nominated for the Biggest Douche in the Universe Award!"

"CONGRATULATIONS!"

Last edited by Andrew07GT; 5/6/08 at 09:25 AM.
Old 5/6/08, 10:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 5/6/08, 10:44 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I say good riddance

MT is bull, like C&D with BMW's, they win everything. All the data should say GT500, but we saw the "result". Personally, I think the SRT8 is just not very good looking. It looks hurried, as does the Camaro, and the Charger. The other manufacturers hurried up to compete with the Mustang, for which the design was absolutely perfect. The only thing I like in the SRT8 is the seats, they just look good IMO.
Old 5/6/08, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DoctorQ
Glad I let my Motor Trend subscription expire....
I second that.
Old 5/6/08, 02:27 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Somehow this forum will be able to survive even without you. It will be tough.
Old 5/6/08, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Old 5/6/08, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Who knew Green Lantern could be so sensitive? I always though of him as the stoic type.
Old 5/6/08, 03:33 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by the procrastinator
Who knew Green Lantern could be so sensitive? I always though of him as the stoic type.
LOL
Old 5/6/08, 04:44 PM

I guess the underlying theme in MT's assessment is that it isn't only about how fast a car goes, but how a car goes fast. Obviously the GT500 post better numbers on the test sheet, but that in and of itself does not necessarily make for the better car.

That said, it was for them a very close pick and I would likewise have a very hard time picking one over the other should that Lotto ticket at last come home to daddy. Track numbers? GT500 obviously. Road manners? SRT8. Styling? I could go back and forth all day on that one. Interior? Couldn't we combine GT500 style with SRT8 refinement. Brakes? Big Brembos, big draw. Motor? Force fed 5.4 vs. well fed 6.1 -- brain just locked up.

Basically I'd be happier than a hog in slop with either one, a dilemma I sadly don't face. My fantasy world will only get more complex when Dodge sticks a stick in the SRT8, the Camaro rolls out, and Ford (likely) rolls in some of the KR bits that should have been there in the first place. Now that'll be a comparo piece to wait for.
Old 5/6/08, 09:03 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
how motor trend is made

Priceless
Old 5/6/08, 09:05 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
can be reached at hjordaneditor@motortrend.com
Old 5/7/08, 03:53 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
its not worth the effort to email him

This forum is the best one on the web precisely because of the lack of abundance of folk like him and his attitude. We're better off leaving him be and having him gone
Old 5/7/08, 06:56 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He does make some sense, Remember when MT did the edition on the 2005 Mustang vs 2005 GTO. the GTO won all catagories except the made up one called "Must have factor" that made the Mustang win. so give the guy a break, I mean sure this is a mustang site and we want the mustang to win, but the new Challanger has a "must have factor" right now.

Last edited by 2K05GT; 5/7/08 at 06:58 AM.
Old 5/7/08, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2K05GT
He does make some sense, Remember when MT did the edition on the 2005 Mustang vs 2005 GTO. the GTO won all catagories except the made up one called "Must have factor" that made the Mustang win. so give the guy a break, I mean sure this is a mustang site and we want the mustang to win, but the new Challanger has a "must have factor" right now.
Yeah they did, but then why are we "idiots" and "losers" because we disagree with Motor Trend? The GTO guys disagreed with Motor Trend's Mustang vs. GTO the same way on the GTO forums, does that make them "idiots" and "losers" too? No one is allowed to disagree with Motor Trend?

He comes here trying to psycho-analyze people and tell us about our low self esteem problems that are making us angry, then he has a big tantrum and calls everyone losers and idiots.

Oh the irony!!!
Old 5/7/08, 12:01 PM

It's pretty typical for any car fan base and any magazine. If they praise your car as the next best thing since sliced bread, the writers are an erudite and discerning bunch. If they dis your car, they're just a bunch of biased fools who are on the take from whatever manufacturer's car won. The GTO fans whined and bellyached the first time and now the Stang fans are all red in the face with righteous outrage.

In both the GTO and SRT8 cases, I think MT came to fairly reasonable and rational conclusions in each instance, once to the benefit of the Stang and once not.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend picks the SRT8 over the GT500