Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Mach 1 . . to buy or not?

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/04, 03:41 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Thumbs up

Well, while driving past my local Ford dealership my girlfriend and I decide to stop on in just to "look around".

Saw a $3000 cash back on the 2004 Mach 1's and was approached by a sales rep. Actually, the sales rep was a pretty good guy. He had been with the dealership for 2 years (a lifetime in comparision with other sales people I have run across).

He asked about the Capri (he had never seen a 5.0 Capri in person), and asked if I like the Mach . . YES!! Then he asked if I had driven one . . NO. He said if I was in the market, I said not really . . but I really like the Mach's. I told him I was in the process of "hot-rodding" the Capri, but was kind of interested in the car. He said hold on, and went and got the keys.

WOW . . what a wonderful car (as many of you know). As my girlfriend and I went for a test drive she began to play 'devil's advocate' of sorts. Saying such things as . .you know if you add up the money you plan to spend on the Capri, you could easily afford the Mach. the more I drove the Mach the more I wanted it. I mean $3000 cash back, plus Z-plan pricing, plus $3000 down . . seems like a very good deal.

In any event I am going back this week to work some numbers. I would have to sell the Capri, which I am not for sure I want to do. I still have my Explorer for a daily driver.

I drove a Red one, but I think I would purchase a white one . . .if I do consider one.

I'll keep ya'll informed.
Old 3/27/04, 04:26 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You're hooked. Its as good as yours.

You won't regret it.
Old 3/27/04, 07:45 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You sound hooked, but if its any help......

I Dan drove a Mach 1 and was able to resist the temptation....albeit I can't sleep anymore but I did it.
Old 3/27/04, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dan@Mar. 27th, 2004, 8:48 PM
You sound hooked, but if its any help......

I Dan drove a Mach 1 and was able to resist the temptation....albeit I can't sleep anymore but I did it.
yep: dan worned me not 2 drive 1, an i did, fell in luv. its hard to resist, but want a vert or 05/06 mach/boss ect.ect.
Old 3/27/04, 10:07 PM

What is it with women and Mustangs. When I first started dating my girlfriend, 7 years ago, I had an 89 LX 5.0 with exhaust and gears. Needless to say I got rid of it and she seemed to miss it more than me. So I after a while I got the itch for a sports car and bought a Corvette.

Fast foward to about 3 weeks ago. The same girlfriend wanted to look at the Ford Explorer so I went with her. On the show room floor sat a 2003 10th anniversary Cobra. I didnt pay it much mind at first but the more I looked the more I liked. I really wasnt looking for a new sports car because I had the Vette. So my girlfriend saw me looking at the car and suggested that I take it for a ride. So I did. While driving it, she was talking about how nice it would be to have a Stang again. I sat down to talk numbers and my girlfriend basically told me I could afford it and to buy it. The next day, I traded the Vette in and drove the Cobra home. If not for my lady playing devils advocate, I probably wouldnt have the car.

There was a point to this. Oh yea....I just thought it was ironic that someone elses girlfriend helped them do something they didnt know they wanted to do in the first place....like buy a Mustang.
Old 3/27/04, 10:42 PM
GT Member

Just today I was at the Ford dealership looking at Mach 1s and Cobras. My wife is telling me to get whatever makes me happy But I'm having a hard time justifying spending $32,000 on a Competition Orange SVT when the 2005's are around the corner. The Mach 1 would cost me $24,000. It's white however and I'm not a big fan of white cars. That SVT seems to be calling my name The new Mustang will be out soon too. AAAAARGH!!! I just wish there was a rebate on the Cobras.
Old 3/28/04, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Ion, what year was your Corvette?
Old 3/28/04, 07:02 PM

im not really a big fan of white mustangs at all. They need color!
Old 3/28/04, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

^^^ best name ever.
Old 3/30/04, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@Mar. 27th, 2004, 4:44 PM
I drove a Red one, but I think I would purchase a white one . . .if I do consider one.
White is awesome

Old 3/30/04, 03:51 PM
GT Member

MAN I WISH I COULD GET A MACH 1!!!!! :bang: :bang: This Da** cougar :angry:
Old 3/30/04, 07:27 PM
I'm people, and I like.

I'm with catman, the white MACH 1's look amazing IMO. I think they are the best looking MACH's. I love the way the black stripes and the black spoiler look on the white MACH. (check out the fuzzy avator) If i had the moneys i would get one right now, not just because the price is really low right now but because in the future they will be a collector car. amazing car! :drive:
Old 3/30/04, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@Mar. 30th, 2004, 8:30 PM
I'm with catman, the white MACH 1's look amazing IMO. I think they are the best looking MACH's. I love the way the black stripes and the black spoiler look on the white MACH. (check out the fuzzy avator) If i had the moneys i would get one right now, not just because the price is really low right now but because in the future they will be a collector car. amazing car! :drive:
white mach1's :worship:
Old 3/31/04, 06:28 AM
I'm people, and I like.

hey Catman,
are those pics of your white MACH?
cause about 3 days ago i was looking through the car domain website and saw your car there. I had copied 2 of the pics and put them on my desktop background, i hope its ok
and then yesterday i saw the pics and was like, "HEY!?" lol :cop:
i got the rear view and the top front view.
once again, beautiful car!
sorry guys
Old 3/31/04, 07:19 AM
GT Member

White is OK, but not my preference. Someone bought the black Mach 1...they only have the white one left. However, if things work out, I might get the Cobra instead
Old 3/31/04, 07:36 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Should have some news/updates this afternoon on my potential purchase!!!
Old 3/31/04, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@Mar. 31st, 2004, 7:31 AM
hey Catman,
are those pics of your white MACH?
cause about 3 days ago i was looking through the car domain website and saw your car there. I had copied 2 of the pics and put them on my desktop background, i hope its ok
and then yesterday i saw the pics and was like, "HEY!?" lol :cop:
i got the rear view and the top front view.
once again, beautiful car!
sorry guys
Yeah, that's my car, I don't mind if you use the pics (there's a link in my sig.). I had a True Blue GT (I loved that car) before this and I initially wasn't too fond of the white but now I think the white with black accents n stripes is just awesome.

I'm workin on gettin some better ones soon, those were a rush job on my lunch break one day, and the sun was just too bright. B)
Old 3/31/04, 09:26 AM
I'm people, and I like.

cant wait to see the new pics B)
Old 3/31/04, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

torch red called to me. i was in the market for a new car. i still have my first car which is the 2000 V6 but i wanted the speed and power of an 8. i wanted the 2005 more than anyone. but i started to think. about the 1/3 of the population who are going to buy the 2005 GT. i said... wait ill be patient and wait for the 07 special edition. in the meantime ill enjoy a car ive only seen 5 other people drive in S. Florida... and then get the 07 boss or what ever its gonna be.

i definately am happy with the mach decision. its been too good to me. it creams a lot of cars and it stands out from a regular GT and stuff.
Old 4/1/04, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Tell me what you guys think of this. Yesterday I went to the local Ford dealer to look at a '03 Yellow Mach. It had 19,000 miles on it and they still wanted $25,000 for it. I was thinking about trading in my '96 Saleen S-281 but they only offered me $9,000 for it. The Saleen is not mint, but it's a limited edition with less than 40k miles. The other thing that bothers me is that they have a '04 Azure Mach for $30,000. Why would I buy a used one when I can get a new one for only 5 grand more? What does everyone else think a used Mach should go for and do you guys and gals think the new Mach is a better buy?
On another note, the Mach was a sweet ride but I think I will wait for a test drive of the '05.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 . . to buy or not?