The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Which is Better (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/)
-   -   05mustangGT vs 05 GTO (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/05mustanggt-vs-05-gto-399422/)

BlueSuperGoat 2/17/05 08:17 PM

Originally posted by future9er24@February 17, 2005, 8:23 PM
props to ya, BlueSuperGoat for having one heck of a great attitude towards us and our cars. guess that means ya hafta change ur sig :jester:

on a side note BlueSuperGoat, do you have any more plans for your goat? i like where its going so far :nice:

although i'd prefer orange hehehe

Thanks, and thanks for the kind words, I am here to learn, as I am interested in picking up one of the new cobras when they hit. Check the updated sig. :nice:

Yeah, I got pretty big plans for the goat's future. I can tell you what will happen for sure in the next 2 years or so...Next is a ported/polished MTI throttle body and a cat back exhaust along with a retune of course. That round of mods will be followed by a Spec stage 3 clutch/flywheel, a B&M short throw shifter and 3.91 gears, and of course a retune for the gears. And lastly will be MTI stage 2E heads with a custom camshaft along with all the necessary accessories (i.e. timing chain, valve train, rockers, springs, pushrods etc)...and of course another retune. Eventually I will top all of that off with about a 150shot of nitrous. Of couse all of this will be followed with and include any other necessary drive train up grades so that I can get the power to the ground and to hopefully not break any parts at the track.

That is the plan right now. All of that stuff will happen hopefully in the next 2 years. If that isn't enough I may eventually increase displacment, maybe have it stroked, maybe have the block resleeved, etc, who knows. But then I will have to upgrade the heads and god knows what else. Only time will tell.

I also plan to get something like a cobra vert for my daily drivable fun car after the goat is no longer a "daily driver" type of car. ;)

lilbossman 2/17/05 09:12 PM

blue goat guy, i also respect you and your car.i kno if i was a GM guy i wouldnt dare go on to a FORD site.you have changed my view on the new GTO's.at first i thought they were a POS then u came along and posted some specs and stats.i've gota say I'M IMPRESSED.

BlueSuperGoat 2/19/05 07:15 PM

Originally posted by lilbossman@February 17, 2005, 10:15 PM
blue goat guy, i also respect you and your car.i kno if i was a GM guy i wouldnt dare go on to a FORD site.you have changed my view on the new GTO's.at first i thought they were a POS then u came along and posted some specs and stats.i've gota say I'M IMPRESSED.

Thank you much! :nice:

Fordracing200 2/20/05 01:45 PM

EDIT-Wrong forum

Lalo 2/20/05 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Fordracing200@February 20, 2005, 12:48 PM
Understood, I like the SRt 4, but i HATE the GTO because of its looks and lack of creeativity, and the high price tag and its ugly color choices and I think it should be ALOT lighter and go alot faster than 13s. The Mach 1 beats it stock, so that is why I dont like the GTO.

C'mon Dude... just keep quite! you just keep making yourself look worse and worse by the post :shame: :chair:
a civic fart can and an srt4 over a GTO? :crazy: wow... that is just plain idiotic. It may be your opinion, but its a heck of a lame one regardless. :stubborn:
SHUSH!!! :nono:

future9er24 2/21/05 11:29 AM

:werd:

bluesupergoat, i cant wait to see your goat finished

BlueSuperGoat 2/21/05 03:31 PM

Originally posted by future9er24@February 21, 2005, 12:32 PM
:werd:

bluesupergoat, i cant wait to see your goat finished

Thanks, I can't wait either. I just did a little appearance mod today that makes it look a little more like a true "GTO". I am going to post pics of my new grille in my thread in the intro forum.

Fordracing200 2/21/05 05:14 PM

O well, no care

PearBear 2/21/05 06:22 PM

im going to go out on a limb say that no one cares about your opinion. if i wanted, i could post in every thread, even i had nothing constructive or helpful to add, and just add IMO to my post. your suggestion for everyone is 'no that stinks, get a kenne bell, drop a cobra motor in it'. you will post in anything and everything, just to "hear yourself talk", when you dont realize how stupid it makes you look. I know ill probably get banned or something, but i tried to call BS on you before when you were spouting liquid waste, and you never stopped. you say you hate everything not ford, and that the GTO is junk(and THEN say "i like the srt-4"), but id like to know your basis for this. sure it looks kinda plain, but it will give any 03 cobra a good run.(side note: please, please, please stop talking about 03 cobras, it tempts me to sell mine) Bluesupergoat has an awesome GTO and has a lot of courage coming to mustang site defending the GTO. He never says 'Mustangs and the 4.6 are junk' just because he doesnt drive one. Where is your basis for your arguments? i dont think you have a car, or have ever even DRIVEN the cars you "know" all about. I'm 19, almost 20, and even to me your posts seem juvenile, and uneducated. To sum it up, stop posting pure crap every chance you get.

Oh, and i voted for the GTO. The 05 looks different enough, and has the power to back up the name.

PearBear 2/21/05 06:30 PM

I dislike V6 stangs, I could walk faster, i would be a pedestrian first.

You know, i felt better after my last post. Then i saw this. I cant believe you have the balls to say that. There are a lot of people who own or have owned v-6 mustangs, myself included. You hate GM huh? Love mustangs? A v-6 mustang is still a mustang. And Id like to see you walk faster than a v-6, even though since you dont HAVE a car, let alone deserve one with such a rich heritage, that you have lots of practice walking. You have no place on this forum, and until something is done about you (limiting posts, BAN) i will not be able to post here anymore. i hate to do it, Brad has an awesome site, and an awesome forum full of very cool people, but you completely ruin it for me.

if something is done, and im not banned, someone let me know on aim @ ReallyHyperBear. Thanks all.

Fordracing200 2/21/05 07:41 PM

I think that you just dont like me and that is it. I am just gonna stay away from you as I thought you and me worked things out. :dunno: I dont post crap, i try to help and I like this site. If you would like to explain what is "PURE CRAP" about my posts, please PM me.

lilbossman 2/22/05 04:28 PM

Originally posted by PearBear+February 21, 2005, 7:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PearBear @ February 21, 2005, 7:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>im going to go out on a limb say that no one cares about your opinion. if i wanted, i could post in every thread, even i had nothing constructive or helpful to add, and just add IMO to my post. your suggestion for everyone is 'no that stinks, get a kenne bell, drop a cobra motor in it'. you will post in anything and everything, just to "hear yourself talk", when you dont realize how stupid it makes you look. I know ill probably get banned or something, but i tried to call BS on you before when you were spouting liquid waste, and you never stopped. you say you hate everything not ford, and that the GTO is junk(and THEN say "i like the srt-4"), but id like to know your basis for this. sure it looks kinda plain, but it will give any 03 cobra a good run.(side note: please, please, please stop talking about 03 cobras, it tempts me to sell mine) Bluesupergoat has an awesome GTO and has a lot of courage coming to mustang site defending the GTO. He never says 'Mustangs and the 4.6 are junk' just because he doesnt drive one. Where is your basis for your arguments? i dont think you have a car, or have ever even DRIVEN the cars you "know" all about. I'm 19, almost 20, and even to me your posts seem juvenile, and uneducated. To sum it up, stop posting pure crap every chance you get.

Oh, and i voted for the GTO. The 05 looks different enough, and has the power to back up the name.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-PearBear
@February 21, 2005, 7:33 PM

I dislike V6 stangs, I could walk faster, i would be a pedestrian first.

You know, i felt better after my last post. Then i saw this. I cant believe you have the balls to say that. There are a lot of people who own or have owned v-6 mustangs, myself included. You hate GM huh? Love mustangs? A v-6 mustang is still a mustang. And Id like to see you walk faster than a v-6, even though since you dont HAVE a car, let alone deserve one with such a rich heritage, that you have lots of practice walking. You have no place on this forum, and until something is done about you (limiting posts, BAN) i will not be able to post here anymore. i hate to do it, Brad has an awesome site, and an awesome forum full of very cool people, but you completely ruin it for me.

if something is done, and im not banned, someone let me know on aim @ ReallyHyperBear. Thanks all.
[/quote]

i agree with you travis.i've held it in long enough.something needs to happen about this.

Lalo 2/22/05 05:27 PM

:wave: Goodnight Folks :lock:

Fordracing200 2/22/05 08:16 PM

hmm, I is being attacked, I would like to know what I a doing that is so bad.

Lalo 2/22/05 09:21 PM

Originally posted by Fordracing200@February 22, 2005, 7:19 PM

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/upload...1105141491.gif

future9er24 2/22/05 09:33 PM

Originally posted by Fordracing200@February 22, 2005, 9:19 PM

dude, just try and have a better attitude towards other people, their ideas, and their cars.

you get what you give, so give respect. you dont hafta like pther ppls cars, but at least give respect where it is due.

BlueSuperGoats GTO may not appeal to you and you may hate the styling. thats great, good for you. just PLEASE try and be nicer about it.

say "i dont really care for your car, IMO i just dont like it that much. but hey, if you like it, thats cool, cuz thats all that matters"
Dont say "your car is a fugly POS thats slower than a gerbil" and such

but just remember, if your nice and respectful to someone, they're more likely to be nice to you.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T...just a little bit..... :jester:

peace out :peace:

Lalo 2/22/05 09:44 PM

has anyone seen the cosmetic mod Shane did to his GTO?
It looks flippin' sweet!
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...pic=14219&st=40

Fordracing200 2/22/05 10:14 PM

I am gonna be more nicer to all about their cars, even if I DO NOT agree with their desicion, i will be nice about it and keep my thoughts like that to myself. I wish people would have told me sooner/nicer next time. Thanks for All
No harsh feelings? -Doug

SVTJayC 4/3/05 10:56 PM

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat+February 1, 2005, 5:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSuperGoat @ February 1, 2005, 5:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surge72@February 1, 2005, 1:52 AM
The 2005 Mustang is a mustang, but the new GTO is just a Pontiac grand prix with a bigger motor and GTO slaped on it. :shame:

:nono: If you honestly believe that then you should be driving a civic. If only people would think and educate themselves before they speak there would be a lot less problems in this world. But I guess I can't fault you for ignorance. :notnice:
[/b][/quote]

Agreed, what a dumb-donkey responce.

The GTO over the Mustang hands down. More performance, more luxury, and by next year you'll still be able to throw a rock without hitting one. The only knock is the price. But even for the 5K difference, it's still worth it.

However the cost difference is still a factor.

I am just not sure they should really be compared. I mean the GTO is really going after a different demographic. I really think they are only being compared heads up lately becasue that is all GM has right now. I would suspect the next camaro/firebird will be of lower quality/features than the GTO, and more on par with the Mustang. However, if one of those features is the LS2, well then, goodnight.

1999 Black 35th GT 4/6/05 02:43 PM

They new GTO is fugly. It looks like a grand prix on steroids. ughh :shame: :notnice: