The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Which is Better (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/)
-   -   05mustangGT vs 05 GTO (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/05mustanggt-vs-05-gto-399422/)

BlueSuperGoat 2/1/05 04:00 PM

Originally posted by surge72@February 1, 2005, 1:52 AM
The 2005 Mustang is a mustang, but the new GTO is just a Pontiac grand prix with a bigger motor and GTO slaped on it. :shame:

:nono: If you honestly believe that then you should be driving a civic. If only people would think and educate themselves before they speak there would be a lot less problems in this world. But I guess I can't fault you for ignorance. :notnice:

future9er24 2/1/05 09:44 PM

i voted stang.... :rolleyes:

surge72 2/1/05 09:57 PM

Sorry I hate civics, and im sorry you feel that way, but that is all that the GTO realy is. Pontiac did not even put an effort in making a good comeback car for the GTO they sould have did like ford did with the mustang. Pontiac just got something they already had and tweeked it a little and put it on the market to sell more cars. Just like dodge did with that supertruck superbee, they just dropped a vipermotor into it changed the hood and put it on the market just to knock off the ford lightning. Its just to sell more old cars and try to stay ontop of all the other companies. and sorry i know just as much if not more than you about the GTO, just because you might own one dont make you an expert on the GTO.

BlueSuperGoat 2/2/05 07:42 AM

Originally posted by surge72@February 1, 2005, 11:00 PM
Sorry I hate civics, and im sorry you feel that way, but that is all that the GTO realy is. Pontiac did not even put an effort in making a good comeback car for the GTO they sould have did like ford did with the mustang. Pontiac just got something they already had and tweeked it a little and put it on the market to sell more cars. Just like dodge did with that supertruck superbee, they just dropped a vipermotor into it changed the hood and put it on the market just to knock off the ford lightning. Its just to sell more old cars and try to stay ontop of all the other companies. and sorry i know just as much if not more than you about the GTO, just because you might own one dont make you an expert on the GTO.

:lol: First off, the dodge truck with the viper engine in it is the SRT-10 not the "superbee" (actually you are thinking of the BumbleBee by the way, genius).

If you know so much about the GTO then why don't you go ahead and say something that is actually valid? The GTO was based off of the Holden Monaro and in no way does it share even one single part with the grand prix, so yes, you are wrong. Your posts continue to demonstrate that you don't know anything about cars ("superbee" :lol: ). You obviously have no idea what the GTO is and saying "sorry i know just as much if not more than you about the GTO, just because you might own one dont make you an expert on the GTO."...is just a ridiculous statement. You have no idea what I know about the GTO or any other car, anymore than I know the same about you. The difference is that everything I have stated in my posts is the verifiable truth whereas most of what you are stating is either an opinion or incorrect.

But go ahead and keep it up, it brightens my day every time I get to laugh at your lack of knowledge. :nice:

jgsmuzzy 2/2/05 08:01 AM

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat@February 2, 2005, 8:45 AM

:lol: First off, the dodge truck with the viper engine in it is the SRT-10 not the "superbee" (actually you are thinking of the BumbleBee by the way, genius).

Actually, I think it is the RumbleBee, Genius! :jester: :nana:

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i15/01/a/02/e1/41/c9_4.JPG
http://carad.ebayimg.com/i16/02/a/02/e1/a2/0a_4.JPG

FourLights 2/2/05 08:05 AM

Originally posted by 05stangkc@January 29, 2005, 8:28 AM
I think it is safe to say that most of the people in this forum are going to say mustang! Since you asked I am going to give you my story and feelings on the 2005 FORD Mustang Muscle Car. I have always loved muscle cars my parents used to buy Dodges in the 60's &70's I grew up as a small boy riding in a 67 Coronet R/t ragtop, 69 Charger R/t ,70 Charger R/t ,71 Charger SE and these were all loaded 440 cars! Then the muscle cars were fading our 73 Charger and Then Holy corinthian leather Batman 75 cordoba had the 400. We then parted ways with dodge in 78 with an asmatic 360ci thermoquad equipped 2.47 rear geared codoba.
Anyway the muscle cars made an impact on me early on and thats pretty much all I have driven since I was 15 in the late seventies and got my first car a 68 cougar.
I have always wanted a NEW 60's,70's muscle car for as long as I can remember. The 05 mustang is it! It looks sounds and feels like what a muscle car should be and it does it without have to set the choke on the carb and letting it warm up. And you don't have to have the valves adjusted and have it tuned up every 3000 miles! The styling of the car reminds me of my 68 GT/CS 390 4 speed car I had in the early eighties without all the discomfort! The Mustang has a blood line that the GTO does not! The GTO is a good performing car but the styling in no way shape or form reminds me of the previous GTO of the 70's. I believe the Mustang is the way to go! I have heard on so many occasions {I AM NOT A FORD GUY BUT I WOULD BUY THIS CAR} referring to the mustang. And this is from Die Hard GM guys. Guys who own early Camaro's and Firebird's That says it all!

KC

I am exactly the same way, my family has always owned GM's and Chrysler vehicles and I have had some Firebirds, but when I saw the 05 Mustang GT it was honestly the car that I had to have above all others. The GTO looks like a glorified Grand Am to me.
:worship:

BlueSuperGoat 2/2/05 08:32 AM

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy+February 2, 2005, 9:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jgsmuzzy @ February 2, 2005, 9:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BlueSuperGoat@February 2, 2005, 8:45 AM

Actually, I think it is the RumbleBee, Genius! :jester: :nana:[/b][/quote]

RumbleBee, BumbleBee, close enough for me, but yeah, ya got me there, but at least I know what engine is in it.

surge72 2/2/05 04:15 PM

See I have Fourlights behind me, that the GTO is nothing but a old styled car trying to become new even if it is the "Holden Monaro" whatever that is, and thank you Muzzy for correcting the Genius, i was thinking of that old car named the SuperBee, cus there was a car named that dont you know. and for some reason the GTO has the grill that resembuls all the other ponticac made cars out there. im glad i bighten up your day with my posts cus i see your GTO dose not satisfy you enough if you relly have one. i relly dont care about what you might or mught not know about the GTO, which to me sounds like not much more than that it was a Holden Morano befor it became the GTO so yah im done with this, im to buzzy to be here arguing with a Big fan of the GTO posting on a Mustang site and expects no one to think that the GTO stinkS THANK YOU!! and have a Nice Day

BlueSuperGoat 2/2/05 05:23 PM

Originally posted by surge72@February 2, 2005, 5:18 PM
See I have Fourlights behind me, that the GTO is nothing but a old styled car trying to become new even if it is the "Holden Monaro" whatever that is, and thank you Muzzy for correcting the Genius, i was thinking of that old car named the SuperBee, cus there was a car named that dont you know. and for some reason the GTO has the grill that resembuls all the other ponticac made cars out there. im glad i bighten up your day with my posts cus i see your GTO dose not satisfy you enough if you relly have one. i relly dont care about what you might or mught not know about the GTO, which to me sounds like not much more than that it was a Holden Morano befor it became the GTO so yah im done with this, im to buzzy to be here arguing with a Big fan of the GTO posting on a Mustang site and expects no one to think that the GTO stinkS THANK YOU!! and have a Nice Day

Spoken like a true loser, nice english by the way. And I see you are in Houston, care to line 'em up and see just who is "satisfied" by their car? Oh wait, that's right, your '72 is "in the works" and you don't even have an '05.

I don't care if you think my car stinks, everyone has their own and are entitled to their own opinion, but I will correct you when you make a completly incorrect statement. I made an incorrect statement and I have admitted it and owned up to it, why don't you try doing the same?...and last I checked you did not have to be a Mustang owner to be a member of this forum, there are plenty of Mustang owners on the goat sites and they are treated with respect.

And by the way, yes I do have a GTO...http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=14219

EDIT: I just checked your profile and saw that you are 19, that explains a lot. No need for any further conversation, I will just chalk it all up to "youth."

HOTLAP 2/2/05 06:44 PM

Originally posted by 05stangkc@January 29, 2005, 8:28 AM
I think it is safe to say that most of the people in this forum are going to say mustang! Since you asked I am going to give you my story and feelings on the 2005 FORD Mustang Muscle Car. I have always loved muscle cars my parents used to buy Dodges in the 60's &70's I grew up as a small boy riding in a 67 Coronet R/t ragtop, 69 Charger R/t ,70 Charger R/t ,71 Charger SE and these were all loaded 440 cars! Then the muscle cars were fading our 73 Charger and Then Holy corinthian leather Batman 75 cordoba had the 400. We then parted ways with dodge in 78 with an asmatic 360ci thermoquad equipped 2.47 rear geared codoba.
Anyway the muscle cars made an impact on me early on and thats pretty much all I have driven since I was 15 in the late seventies and got my first car a 68 cougar.
I have always wanted a NEW 60's,70's muscle car for as long as I can remember. The 05 mustang is it! It looks sounds and feels like what a muscle car should be and it does it without have to set the choke on the carb and letting it warm up. And you don't have to have the valves adjusted and have it tuned up every 3000 miles! The styling of the car reminds me of my 68 GT/CS 390 4 speed car I had in the early eighties without all the discomfort! The Mustang has a blood line that the GTO does not! The GTO is a good performing car but the styling in no way shape or form reminds me of the previous GTO of the 70's. I believe the Mustang is the way to go! I have heard on so many occasions {I AM NOT A FORD GUY BUT I WOULD BUY THIS CAR} referring to the mustang. And this is from Die Hard GM guys. Guys who own early Camaro's and Firebird's That says it all!

KC

KC - I dig your enthusiasm(sp?) for the Mustang and I feel the same way - just that technically, the Mustang was the first American "Pony" car and until the later 60's was not really a "Muscle" car....the term Muscle Car originally came from the HUGH full size sedans that had mega Cubic Inch motors in them - then when Mustang was born the term "Pony Car" was born along with it to describe a lighter, sportier (4 seater) that was aimed more at the Euro sport cars and marketed as a more affordable & reliable American Sport car......some of the early prototype Mustangs were even 2 seaters (aimed at the British sport cars of that era). B)

surge72 2/2/05 11:31 PM

Aww man dont bring that youth crap up, cus that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. i have been studying these cars since i was 8 and when i am finised with my 72 i will gladly take you on, cus when im finished with the car it will keep up with Viper (big block baby). oh and i am getting a 05 mustang GT once i am finished with the 72. But yah im sorry if i disrespected you on this site because this is not my site, but that is all im admitting to because i dont see that anything i have posted in my first post calls for all the assumptions of ignorance and baby name calling and sould be respected as my opinion on this site as i respect the GTO on the street. Yah i dont agree with the new style of the GTO , but i respect the motor and the history. so yah im willing to let all this loser butt&^^% fighting die here and call a truce :cheers: and if you want get back to me on that line up

BlueSuperGoat 2/3/05 08:03 AM

Originally posted by surge72@February 3, 2005, 12:34 AM
Aww man dont bring that youth crap up, cus that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. i have been studying these cars since i was 8 and when i am finised with my 72 i will gladly take you on, cus when im finished with the car it will keep up with Viper (big block baby). oh and i am getting a 05 mustang GT once i am finished with the 72. But yah im sorry if i disrespected you on this site because this is not my site, but that is all im admitting to because i dont see that anything i have posted in my first post calls for all the assumptions of ignorance and baby name calling and sould be respected as my opinion on this site as i respect the GTO on the street. Yah i dont agree with the new style of the GTO , but i respect the motor and the history. so yah im willing to let all this loser butt&^^% fighting die here and call a truce :cheers: and if you want get back to me on that line up

Fair enough. So when will the Mach be ready? I am dropping mine off at MTI today for some work, I will have it back end of the day tommorow. I have big plans for my little GTO, hopefully to all be completed in the next 12-18 months. :nice:

Fordracing200 2/3/05 10:45 AM

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat+February 2, 2005, 9:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSuperGoat @ February 2, 2005, 9:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@February 2, 2005, 9:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BlueSuperGoat

@February 2, 2005, 8:45 AM

Actually, I think it is the RumbleBee, Genius! :jester: :nana:

RumbleBee, BumbleBee, close enough for me, but yeah, ya got me there, but at least I know what engine is in it.
[/b][/quote]

Dodge SRT-10 has a Viper motor in it.
Dodge Ram Rumblebee has a JUNK So called Hemi in it. (no wheres near a real hemi) Anyways, IMO I think if you want performance, buy an 04 cobra and add a Kenne Bell and you could smoke anything with the 646 rwhp at 2200rpm.......IMO

jgsmuzzy 2/3/05 12:29 PM

You and your kenne bell, yone would think that you were a stockholder.........

Fordracing200 2/3/05 05:33 PM

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@February 3, 2005, 1:32 PM
You and your kenne bell, yone would think that you were a stockholder.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

surge72 2/3/05 08:56 PM

Naww my Mach wont be done for a while, im giving her a full restoration, im going to try to bring her up to show car status and you know that takes alot of money and time. Right now she is just a bunch of parts and working on the frame, so i hope your GTO goes great, giving that motor all the stuff it needs will bring some serious HP out of that puppy. so ill talk to you later and take care of that GTO :nice: ! American Muscle Baby! :headbang:

future9er24 2/4/05 09:41 PM

the Mustang was the first American "Pony" car and until the later 60's was not really a "Muscle" car....the term Muscle Car originally came from the HUGH full size sedans that had mega Cubic Inch motors in them - then when Mustang was born the term "Pony Car" was born along with it to describe a lighter, sportier (4 seater) that was aimed more at the Euro sport cars and marketed as a more affordable & reliable American Sport car......some of the early prototype Mustangs were even 2 seaters (aimed at the British sport cars of that era). B)

sorry hate to rain in ur parade, but the mustang wasnt the first pony car, the 'cuda was. not as popular tho. there i dub the mustang the first "good ponycar"

of course i do like the later 'cudas.

btw, not a flame, just lettin ya know :nice:

Fordracing200 2/6/05 05:29 PM

Pony car is mustang/corvette/camaro and vette is kinda on the exotic side, but the Cuda is more of a Muscle Car IMO

Zastava_101 2/6/05 06:54 PM

Pony cars are/were Ford Mustang, Mercury Cougar, Pontiac Firebird, Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Plymouth Barracuda, and AMC Javelin.

Fordracing200 2/7/05 03:31 AM

I know where you are coming from but it was just what I thought. I dont think their is a written specification on what a pony car is?