The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Which is Better (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/)
-   -   05mustangGT vs 05 GTO (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/05mustanggt-vs-05-gto-399422/)

Zastava_101 2/7/05 09:13 AM

Muscle Car:
A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.

Pony Car:
In addition to fullsize and intermediate muscle cars, a number of smaller vehicles started appearing on the automotive performance scene. These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options.

Fordracing200 2/7/05 07:03 PM

so the 03 cobra is a muscle car correct?

Zastava_101 2/7/05 09:32 PM

I guess so.

Fordracing200 2/10/05 06:02 PM

to be a muscle car a car must have 10 hp to 100 pounds

MustangDan 2/12/05 09:14 AM

On the original poll, I think the v6 Mustang would beat the GTO if that was the choice.

Fordracing200 2/12/05 06:33 PM

i would rather have a Fart can weairng 88 civic than have a new GTO, thats how anti GM I am.

GTS_300_Coupe 2/13/05 12:32 AM

I think you little boys need a lesson in GTO.

Download this vid of the new '05 GTO and weep.
http://img.s10forum.com/album1231/agd.mpeg

Fordracing200 2/13/05 10:42 AM

that thing is a BIG FAT UGLY OVERSIZED UNDERPOWER POS!

IMO :jester:

BlueSuperGoat 2/14/05 02:46 PM

Here you guys go again, spouting off more high level intelligence comments. :rolleyes:

Fordracing200 2/15/05 04:41 PM

I said IMO, so leave it alone.

BlueSuperGoat 2/16/05 06:50 AM

Originally posted by Fordracing200@February 15, 2005, 5:44 PM

I just want to make sure that I understand you correctly...

You would rather own a "Fart can weairng 88 civic" than my car?
And my car is an "BIG FAT UGLY OVERSIZED UNDERPOWER POS"?

and Just because you say "IMO" that somehow makes those comments not insane? I know I am on a Mustang site so I don't expect to hear great things about my car but I mean really...give me a break! This is just taking it too far. Do you really think that any loyal GM/anti-Ford person would ever say something that ridiculous? If nothing else we can at least bad mouth the imports together. I thought me and you got past this stuff weeks ago. :scratch:

You really need to broaden your horizons.

BlueSuperGoat 2/16/05 06:52 AM

Originally posted by MustangDan@February 12, 2005, 10:17 AM
On the original poll, I think the v6 Mustang would beat the GTO if that was the choice.

:lol: Yeah, and if you ask any magazine or Mustang owner, the v6 Stang beats the GTO on the track too right? :rolleyes:

Fordracing200 2/16/05 01:41 PM

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat+February 16, 2005, 7:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSuperGoat @ February 16, 2005, 7:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

and Just because you say "IMO" that somehow makes those comments not insane? I know I am on a Mustang site so I don't expect to hear great things about my car but I mean really...give me a break! This is just taking it too far. Do you really think that any loyal GM/anti-Ford person would ever say something that ridiculous? If nothing else we can at least bad mouth the imports together. I thought me and you got past this stuff weeks ago. :scratch:

[/b]

I still hate the GTO. i just didnt want to get banned or start a war (check c/t) I think that went down the drain, so I hate the GTO. I dont like em and wont ever, o u wanna no y? They are GM for 1 and they have junk motors, the 6.0 is a POS too. no personal attacks, u wanna promote your GTO? You like it? it is off topic at a stang site so promote it where people wont make bad comments. It is a decent car for you. not for me.

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat@February 16, 2005, 7:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MustangDan

@February 12, 2005, 10:17 AM

:lol: Yeah, and if you ask any magazine or Mustang owner, the v6 Stang beats the GTO on the track too right? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I dislike V6 stangs, I could walk faster, i would be a pedestrian first.

BlueSuperGoat 2/16/05 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Fordracing200+February 16, 2005, 2:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ February 16, 2005, 2:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat@February 16, 2005, 7:53 AM

I still hate the GTO. i just didnt want to get banned or start a war (check c/t) I think that went down the drain, so I hate the GTO. I dont like em and wont ever, o u wanna no y? They are GM for 1 and they have junk motors, the 6.0 is a POS too. no personal attacks, u wanna promote your GTO? You like it? it is off topic at a stang site so promote it where people wont make bad comments. It is a decent car for you. not for me.

Originally posted by BlueSuperGoat@February 16, 2005, 7:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MustangDan

@February 12, 2005, 10:17 AM

I dislike V6 stangs, I could walk faster, i would be a pedestrian first.
[/b][/quote]

I'm not trying to promote it. I am not here trolling, I am here learning. Unlike people like you, I have respect for all different types of cars, I just respect them for different reasons and because of different things.

You don't like the GTO. Fine. (opinion)
You think the GTO is ugly. Fine. (opinion)
You think the GTO is slow. Fine. (wrong but fine)
You think the motor is junk. Fine. (wrong but fine)
You think GM is junk. Fine. (wrong but fine)

But your POS comments are ridiculous. I will take my GTO's build quality, fit and finish, interior and all around quality and put it up against any car out there.

You are welcome to your opinions as is every one else. But calling the LS1, LS2, GTO, and GM pieces of poo is nothing short of retarded. Your reasoning is right up there with the reasoning of racists during the civil rights movement. You have nothing to back your opinions, your opinions are unfounded and your opinions don't make sense. Your "I hate GTO" arguement has no more merit than saying you hate the color purple. I am honestly dumbfounded by how "out this world" your comments are. You really need to grow up and recognize the fact that there are other fast/good/nice cars out there other than Fords. I certainly hope that your demeaner is not representative of most Mustang owners because you are an embarrassment to yourself and the people you represent. Therefore, no matter what you post, I will no longer make any replies whatsoever. There is no fixing what is wrong with you.

<presses *ignore*>

Out.

Fordracing200 2/16/05 05:10 PM

Good with the ignore, I think that is the best bet for u and me. why dont u click that for every stang owner? I am glad u accpeted my OPINIONS as opinions. I believe IMO that the GTO is a reemblemed junk. nothing wrong with my thoughts. I dont care if you think the fox is a reemblemed Tempo, but its not unlike that GTO. It looks different and is disquingishable.

GTS_300_Coupe 2/17/05 01:03 AM

OK then champ.

Would you like to please explain why you believe GM, the new GTO and the LS2 motor are worthless?

I'd like cold hard evidence too. None of this "cause it just is" BS cause otherwise you're going to be labelled a complete & utter moron not to mention a biased fanboy.

I love all sorts of cars... Ford, Pontiac, Dodge, Chevrolet, Holden, Nissan, etc.
But anybody who blatantly bashes other cars just because they dont own one is not very intelligent.

Sure you can knock the GTO for being bland and boring (not ugly) but its got a better fit and finish quality than most other American cars.
Its very fast and comfortable to ride in and those are facts also.

Galaxie 2/17/05 09:53 AM

While I personally don't like the looks of the GTO, there are people that do enjoy the look and enjoy their car. I have to respect that someone will join TMS as an "outsider" and is willing to discuss cars in an intelligent manner. I think that some members here are far too ignorant to discuss cars in an intellegent manner, in which case they should not participate in threads like this.

The purpose of the "which is better" area is to get away from the idiotic name calling, and childish remarks.

Please keep this discussion intellegent and most of all, RESPECTFUL, or this thread gets a :lock:
:admin:

68fuelinjected 2/17/05 10:00 AM

My daddy can beat up your daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee Whiz guys, lighten up, drive what you want, enjoy what you want.

Scothew 2/17/05 10:07 AM

Hey Don, I want to drive you car :poke: and you said "drive what you want" :jester:

j/k bud, btw the MG looked great at WoW :)

future9er24 2/17/05 07:20 PM

Fordracing200, dude, lighten up. trust me, i bleed ford blue just as much as most guys here, but i dont call cars i know are performers :censored: . there is a difference between dislikeing a car and disrespecting a car. fast cars deserve respect even if you dont like em. i respect my frineds SRT4, but i hate its guts. i dont call it :censored: i just dont like it.

if this guy has the guts to come to a mustang message board with a GTO with open arms and a kind outlook, be nice. there are plenty of other guys who drive GM, Honda or whatever, that dont give us the respect we deserve. dont sink to their level man. it aint worth it.

props to ya, BlueSuperGoat for having one heck of a great attitude towards us and our cars. guess that means ya hafta change ur sig :jester:

on a side note BlueSuperGoat, do you have any more plans for your goat? i like where its going so far :nice:

although i'd prefer orange hehehe