Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

'04 GT vs '05 KB GT

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/06, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 GT vs '05 KB GT

After reading the title, you're probably asking, why bother? Well, let's just say, he asked for it. And since this was my first race ever with the KB installed a month ago, I was ready to let the big dog eat.

So there I was, cruise control set, cruising down a split 4 lane highway. A Mineral Grey '03/'04 Mustang GT slows down up ahead and waits for me to get up along side. I have my cruise control set exactly on the speed limit in the slow lane. This guy is a mile ahead, and slows down and pulls over into the fast/left lane (yes, slows down, fast lane) and waits a good couple of minutes that it takes for me to catch up to him. Once I get a car length off of his bumper, he downshifts (sounded like third) and begins to pace beside me for several miles. Traffic behind us is getting a little backed up, since he is blocking the left lane and I am doing exactly the speed limit in mine.

Well, we get to a light, and he gives me a couple of revs, just in case I haven't got the hint. There is nothing in front of us but straight black top for several miles, and only 3 cars behind us. He keeps revving, so I decided to give him a little growl out of my JBA's, which sound pretty pathetic to what sounds like long tubes, no cats, and Flowmasters. I believe the sound of his exhaust was drowning out the little whine of the KB, so he doesn't know what's coming.

Light turns green, and it's on like Donkey Kong. I'm spinning like it's my job and I'm getting paid. We are neck and neck in first, he's hooking pretty good. The folks behind us haven't even let off the brake yet and just watch the show. I hit second, and do some more spinning for a few seconds, then she hooks, and I'm off like a bat outta hell. I leave him like he's standing still. I hit third and notice the clutch slips for a second (hmmm, gonna have to get that fixed) then I pull a few more car lengths on him. I get up to (a nondisclosed double digit number) and I've put about 5 car lengths on him. Not bad considering I've either been smoking tires or clutch for half the run, and from what I could tell, he was hooking pretty good.

I let off and tap the brakes just enough to get the sequencers to flash three times just to let him know I'm off it and I'm done. He slowly pulls up along side, rolls down his limo tinted window and gives me a big thumbs up.

I could tell he wanted to talk at the next light, but I took a right and was on my way. I'll just let him surf the forums to find out he raced a GT with a Kenne Bell.

Disclaimer: Street racing is dangerous and illegal. Any characters resembling persons living or dead, is purelly coincidental. This is a work of fiction. Professional drivers on a closed course. Don't try this at home. Don't run with scissors. etc.
Old 12/28/06, 05:21 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool story, and congrats on the kill. Though the low-gear spinning sort of makes a case for using a centri for street applications.
Old 12/28/06, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman
After reading the title, you're probably asking, why bother? Well, let's just say, he asked for it. And since this was my first race ever with the KB installed a month ago, I was ready to let the big dog eat.

So there I was, cruise control set, cruising down a split 4 lane highway. A Mineral Grey '03/'04 Mustang GT slows down up ahead and waits for me to get up along side. I have my cruise control set exactly on the speed limit in the slow lane. This guy is a mile ahead, and slows down and pulls over into the fast/left lane (yes, slows down, fast lane) and waits a good couple of minutes that it takes for me to catch up to him. Once I get a car length off of his bumper, he downshifts (sounded like third) and begins to pace beside me for several miles. Traffic behind us is getting a little backed up, since he is blocking the left lane and I am doing exactly the speed limit in mine.

Well, we get to a light, and he gives me a couple of revs, just in case I haven't got the hint. There is nothing in front of us but straight black top for several miles, and only 3 cars behind us. He keeps revving, so I decided to give him a little growl out of my JBA's, which sound pretty pathetic to what sounds like long tubes, no cats, and Flowmasters. I believe the sound of his exhaust was drowning out the little whine of the KB, so he doesn't know what's coming.

Light turns green, and it's on like Donkey Kong. I'm spinning like it's my job and I'm getting paid. We are neck and neck in first, he's hooking pretty good. The folks behind us haven't even let off the brake yet and just watch the show. I hit second, and do some more spinning for a few seconds, then she hooks, and I'm off like a bat outta hell. I leave him like he's standing still. I hit third and notice the clutch slips for a second (hmmm, gonna have to get that fixed) then I pull a few more car lengths on him. I get up to (a nondisclosed double digit number) and I've put about 5 car lengths on him. Not bad considering I've either been smoking tires or clutch for half the run, and from what I could tell, he was hooking pretty good.

I let off and tap the brakes just enough to get the sequencers to flash three times just to let him know I'm off it and I'm done. He slowly pulls up along side, rolls down his limo tinted window and gives me a big thumbs up.

I could tell he wanted to talk at the next light, but I took a right and was on my way. I'll just let him surf the forums to find out he raced a GT with a Kenne Bell.

Disclaimer: Street racing is dangerous and illegal. Any characters resembling persons living or dead, is purelly coincidental. This is a work of fiction. Professional drivers on a closed course. Don't try this at home. Don't run with scissors. etc.
Good Kill, he told me to be on the look out for you! He said i should be able to give you a better race in my old clapped out 2000 GT
Old 12/28/06, 05:24 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman

Nice.
Old 12/31/06, 03:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's awesome brad, I can't wait to be blown