From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Well this sucks..

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/07, 01:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this sucks..

I went to my dealer to place an order for an 07 on May 7th. Put a $500 deposit down that day and got a little yellow copy of the receipt. Next day they call saying they officially ordered my car. Now i havent heard from them since. I called on tuesday to see whats up and they didnt pick up. Half hour later they call me and i ask about the status of my order. My salesman said he would talk about it to his manager and see whats going on and he would call back the next day. Nobody called. Called them yesterday when i got out of work. Nobody picked up. Same story this morning. What the hell is going on? Shouldent i have something by now? A vin maybe? Its been almost 5 weeks and all i have is a little yellow peice of paper saying i gave them $500.
Old 6/14/07, 01:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
IF the dealer isnt too far away from you, I would stop playing phone tag and walk in there to talk to a real person about all of this....But I've never ordered a car before, so I wouldnt know. But at least you can find out everything the dealer knows if you go in there.
Old 6/14/07, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you just calling 'the dealer' and all its 300 possible extentions or the actual salesperson who 'ordered' the car for you??
Old 6/14/07, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Ive been calling the actual salesman. Ill probably go in to the dealer tomorrow. Just havent had time because ive been working all week.
Old 6/14/07, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You would want to speak with the Sales Manager...to the top! You should have a vin at least by now, unless they have stopped taking orders for 07's.
Old 6/14/07, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Awh that sales person just does that to what 100 people banks it and collects the interest then gives it back ? I think they'd make more with a happy customer, I would go down in person and get a staight answer , don't have your guns drawn at that point as they may put up a wall.
Old 6/15/07, 06:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like he's playing games with you (and I'm sorry to hear this). I hate places like that. It gives my profession a bad image. Go down there, ask for the sales manager, and find out once and for all. I bet they never ordered it (forgot to, dropped the ball, whatever it was, its inexcusible).
Old 6/15/07, 09:55 AM
GT Member

Well my salesman called this morning. He said my order went through and the car has been built. I asked him if he had the vin number and he said no because he didnt get all the paperwork yet. Once he gets the paperwork the car comes in around ten days later. So its expected to come in by the end of this month. Didnt expect it to go down like that but ok. We'll see at the end of the month i guess.
Old 6/17/07, 07:35 PM

your vin number is on their DORA right now if its built. there is no reason you cant get your vin. Call and talk to your Salesman. If he doesnt know what the DORA is, ask for the General Sales Manager. You ordered a car from them, they should be answering your questions to the best of their ability and they are not.
Probably just some poor communications, but you can get it resolved.
Jaime
Old 6/18/07, 10:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

You simply need to stop by the dealer and have the manager pull up the order in CONCEPTS. You have to realize that most dealers do not give salespeople much access to computer information. We are pretty liberal here(at most import dealers they don't let you TOUCH a computer), but I would still need to go to a manager and get an update. The salesperson may not even know if that information is available or how it works. Or just politely ask him to check with his boss or inventory manager again and get the VIN, he probably didn't think to ask and just checked the order status. "Its been built?-good, I'll call him back"...

Its not always what a salesperson does or does not know, its what a dealer lets them know. And with the average salesperson, sometimes its better they don't know too much information, not all of them are 'technically savvy' to say the least. Believe me, with Ford, its pleny for a salesperson just to keep up with the rebates.
Old 6/18/07, 08:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a big believer in buying off the lot. Theres enough inventory on the lots these days to be able to cut a nice deal and get basically what you want if not exactly. Go on the last day of the month or second to the last day. They're always hungry at that time. Turn down at LEAST the first 2 deals. They'll keep coming down.
Old 6/19/07, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

While I don't have the knowledge regarding the technical operations of a dealership, IMO its way too often "par for the course". A new car purchase is probably the second most expensive/long term financial obligation many of us make and too many times, your treated like they are doing you a favor
Old 6/19/07, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It took me four weeks before I had a VIN and six months before I got the mustang.
Old 6/19/07, 01:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinb120
You simply need to stop by the dealer and have the manager pull up the order in CONCEPTS. You have to realize that most dealers do not give salespeople much access to computer information. We are pretty liberal here(at most import dealers they don't let you TOUCH a computer), but I would still need to go to a manager and get an update. The salesperson may not even know if that information is available or how it works. Or just politely ask him to check with his boss or inventory manager again and get the VIN, he probably didn't think to ask and just checked the order status. "Its been built?-good, I'll call him back"...

Its not always what a salesperson does or does not know, its what a dealer lets them know. And with the average salesperson, sometimes its better they don't know too much information, not all of them are 'technically savvy' to say the least. Believe me, with Ford, its pleny for a salesperson just to keep up with the rebates.
Kevin, you need a manager's approval to get an update for a factory order? I feel bad for you bro. This is what's great about working in a small family store. I know where the daily sheets are located, that show every vehicle we have on order (stock and retail), and I can go in to my boss's office anytime to check on the status. Then I can go to the drawer at the cashier's office, and see if we recieved the invoice for said car. Heck, I don't even need approval for selling Mustang GT's at X-Plan. I just ordered a 2008 for a fellow forum member and told him all about how to get a PIN # from Blueovalnews.com. It saved him money, and made him happy. In return, I'm ecstatic that I helped a fellow TMS'er out in getting a new car.
Old 6/19/07, 07:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Kevin, you need a manager's approval to get an update for a factory order? I feel bad for you bro. This is what's great about working in a small family store. I know where the daily sheets are located, that show every vehicle we have on order (stock and retail), and I can go in to my boss's office anytime to check on the status. Then I can go to the drawer at the cashier's office, and see if we recieved the invoice for said car. Heck, I don't even need approval for selling Mustang GT's at X-Plan. I just ordered a 2008 for a fellow forum member and told him all about how to get a PIN # from Blueovalnews.com. It saved him money, and made him happy. In return, I'm ecstatic that I helped a fellow TMS'er out in getting a new car.

I can get just about anything, but most can't in the business. Most Ford stores around here do not even allow access to dealer search in fmcdealer. You end up with salespeople sitting on their computer selling paper instead of doing the basic steps on the lot. I actually duck responsibility these days because I have full access in the computer to even adjust used vehicle costs so I can run the Ebay department. I can even get into our web site and maniuplate pricing for any of our stores.. Problem is, when the managers are busy salespeople know they can bug me about it-even if certain ones should be running (all) questions past management to start with if you know what I mean. I am slowly but surely learning to play dumb more and more often. I get quite a bit of leeway here, you'd flip if you knew what I sold a black/red stripe package loaded GT500 to a friend of a member here for. I can get into concepts, but typically just press 2323 on my phone and have an answer in 30 sec without having to leave TMS forums...I gave up messing with the nitty-gritty a while ago.
Old 6/19/07, 10:05 PM
GT Member

Thanks for all the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I have to go to the dealership soon anyways with my sister because she got in a car accident and has to get it fixed over thier. Some semi-truck drivers engine was falling to peices on the highway and hit her 5 month old fusion SE. She has all bunch of dents on her hood, fenders, bumper, roof, hood and her windsheild was cracked. Ill talk to my salesman while im over their about my car and see whats up. If i see that it wont be in by July 2nd ill just cancel it and order an 08 when the 0% financing comes out.
Old 6/19/07, 11:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

An 08 with 0%, you mean a 3008 model?
Old 6/20/07, 12:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
An 08 with 0%, you mean a 3008 model?
I read on my other post i made a few months ago that their is sometimes a 0% financing sale.
Old 6/20/07, 08:11 PM

0% is kinda rare on the Mustang.
I cant remember when that was available, but my memory isnt what it used to be.
Jaime
Old 6/22/07, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jraines
0% is kinda rare on the Mustang.
I cant remember when that was available, but my memory isnt what it used to be.
Jaime
I think they may have offered 0% for a very short period of time last Sept. That was Sep-06, for 2006 MY cars. They have not offered 0% on 2007s yet. So if you are looking at an 08 I wouldn't count on 0%; if they ever do offer that I doubt it would be before the end of the summer of 2008. But you never know ... sometimes at the end of a quarter they will sweeten the pot. I suggest keeping your eyes open for an 07 later this summer. I've had my 07 on order for several months and should have it within about 2 weeks so I am hoping for a 0% deal around the July 4th holiday but I'm not holding my breath.

Quick Reply: Well this sucks..