From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

question on X-Plan

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/05, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer beware, although the x-plan clearly states that a dealership cannot charge "administrative" fees some of them still do. Even after pointing this out to the dealer their only response is that it is their policy to charge this. After numerous phone calls to the x-plan administrative center and also to the General Manager of the dealership I finally called Ford's Customer Relationship Center and filed a complaint. Although I don't figure anything will be done about this issue, I do feel that speaking up when something isn't right is the thing to do. My biggest concern is when I called they said they honor the X-Plan on this vehicle. But if they are still tacking on their extra fees then they truly aren't honoring the x-plan. Missed a half a day of work and 1.5 hour trip one way to find out that they only honor the x-plans starting point on the dealer invoice. After that it was see how deep you can dig in his pockets just as if I didn't qualify for a special plan. I really hate that my first post in this forum is a negative one but hopefully the car will be a good one after such a rocky start to just purchase it. Thanks for letting me vent. BTW, I have been a diehard Chevy man my whole life but it seems that chevy really doesn't listen to the market anymore. This is the first Ford ever in my garage and I was greatly disappointed in the sales transaction. My company also gets special rates with most other major automobile companies because of our OEM supplies to most of them so I was not obligated to purchase a Ford. I wonder if the other companies special purchase programs are so easily ignored by the dealerships?

X-Plan or not, at Dale Jarrett Ford you WILL pay extra BS fees regardless. As it was so clearly stated to me "Its our policy"!

Is there any other steps or persons I should talk to about this issue, any suggestions?
Old 7/13/05, 10:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by eddieandpamela@July 13, 2005, 10:13 AM
Buyer beware, although the x-plan clearly states that a dealership cannot charge "administrative" fees some of them still do. Even after pointing this out to the dealer their only response is that it is their policy to charge this. After numerous phone calls to the x-plan administrative center and also to the General Manager of the dealership I finally called Ford's Customer Relationship Center and filed a complaint. Although I don't figure anything will be done about this issue, I do feel that speaking up when something isn't right is the thing to do. My biggest concern is when I called they said they honor the X-Plan on this vehicle. But if they are still tacking on their extra fees then they truly aren't honoring the x-plan. Missed a half a day of work and 1.5 hour trip one way to find out that they only honor the x-plans starting point on the dealer invoice. After that it was see how deep you can dig in his pockets just as if I didn't qualify for a special plan. I really hate that my first post in this forum is a negative one but hopefully the car will be a good one after such a rocky start to just purchase it. Thanks for letting me vent. BTW, I have been a diehard Chevy man my whole life but it seems that chevy really doesn't listen to the market anymore. This is the first Ford ever in my garage and I was greatly disappointed in the sales transaction. My company also gets special rates with most other major automobile companies because of our OEM supplies to most of them so I was not obligated to purchase a Ford. I wonder if the other companies special purchase programs are so easily ignored by the dealerships?

X-Plan or not, at Dale Jarrett Ford you WILL pay extra BS fees regardless. As it was so clearly stated to me "Its our policy"!

Is there any other steps or persons I should talk to about this issue, any suggestions?
The X-plan rules clearly state that a dealer may NOT charge a separate fee for document preparation. I would pass the info along to your company's x-plan administrator.
Old 7/13/05, 12:00 PM

I agree and that is a good idea. Not sure who that is but will find out. They refuse to remove that charge but at least a complaint was filed. I would suggest anyone else do the same if they were charged inappropriate fees at any dealership. A single complaint carries little weight but if everyone will stand up for what is right maybe some changes will be in order for the next one of you that wish to purchase from a dealership. Obviously in the south.....If you drive for nascar and have the largest dealership in the southeast you can ignore ford policies and pretty much write you own rules. The bad thing is many people I work with make the 1.5 hour drive because they do have the largest selection and you can pretty much drive away that day with exactly what you wanted. Trust me, all 600+ employees at my company will find out from our x-plan administrator that this dealership will charge these fees and if you want your car/truck on the x-plan then go to another dealer. This will cost them much more than the extra they tacked onto my deal in lost sales from my co-workers. I also plan to put up a small website so everyone will know that you WILL pay extra bogus fees at this dealership. I am sure that this is nothing to them, they keep over 1500 new cars in stock. Right now they have over 35 2005 mustangs on their lot which is why we had to go to them in the first place. It was the only one which had anything close to what my wife wanted in her new car. We also priced a car at our local dealer (small town) that didn't have hardly any of the options but they followed the x-plan to the letter and were only going to charge tag/tax in addition tot he x-plan price. No wonder the little guys dont have a chance. I suppose Dale Jarrett Ford is much like the Wal-Mart of ford dealerships.
Old 7/13/05, 12:10 PM

To add to the above comments:

The sad thing is the smaller dealerships like my local one that only got a handful of 2005 mustangs this year were more than happy to follow the x-plan. Even though it would mean letting go of a car that they could and would make more money on if not selling at x-plan price. Being a small dealership requires you to be more concerned with customer satisfaction than a large one that can just absorb negative comments. I think that other dealerships that are having to abide by the x-plan should also take offence to the fact that other dealerships do not. In this case, what isn't fair to the customer is also not fair to other dealers.

Thanks again for letting me vent on this and the suggestion to contact my local administrator on this. You are correct, that is exactly what I will do.

Eddie
Old 7/14/05, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is the number to report them:

26. Can I be charged a ā€œdocument feeā€ (doc fee) by my dealer?

No. Fees related to Partner Recognition Plan sales for document preparation or similar administrative services are not allowed. If the dealer charges you a documentary fee please call 1-800-348-7709 and report the issue. Sales under the Mazda S-Plan may be subject to document preparation and/or other administrative services fees. Please review all fees with your Mazda sales consultant and be sure you understand and agree prior to completing a sale.
Old 7/14/05, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by PolkThug@July 14, 2005, 9:00 PM
Here is the number to report them:

26. Can I be charged a ā€œdocument feeā€ (doc fee) by my dealer?

No. Fees related to Partner Recognition Plan sales for document preparation or similar administrative services are not allowed. If the dealer charges you a documentary fee please call 1-800-348-7709 and report the issue. Sales under the Mazda S-Plan may be subject to document preparation and/or other administrative services fees. Please review all fees with your Mazda sales consultant and be sure you understand and agree prior to completing a sale.
Already been in that circle, trust me that number really didn't lead anywhere but back to to start. They suggested that I talk to the General Manager at the dealership and if no resolution then to call the Ford Customer Relationship Center and file a complaint. The GM said that they charge that on all cars regardless. I told fine charge it on all cars just stop telling people that they are getting the X-plan. It was like talking to a tree. So I did call the Customer Relationship Center to file a complaint. Hard to file a complaint with someone who barely spoke or understood english. But she did tell me exactly who to talk to at that particular dealership. So I call who she suggested thinking it was someone actually higher up the food chain than the GM but after a 5 min. discussion with the guy about the situation he informed me that he was the Service Mgr. I couldnt stop laughing but this guy actually agreed about it being wrong but also said he had no control about that end. He was actually the nicest person I talked to that whole day. So basically it was a big circle with every number I called, including the GM and Customer Relationship Center, I was told they couldnt really do anything about it. Looks like Ford will be no help in defending the X-plan, at least not if it involves one of their biggest dealerships. I will however make sure everyone at the 3 local plants we have here knows what to expect if they plan on using the X-plan at that dealership. Its really all I can do. I am actually surprised that Ford or that particular dealership hasn't encounterd a class action lawsuit for charges not allowed but yet charged anyway. On a positive note, I think my company is going to question Ford in the near future about this after they have all the facts. I almost wish this would have happened a few weeks ago when a caravan of Ford and Ford related vehicles (mazda, land rover etc.) showed up at our plant and covered our lawn with Ford Reps and new cars for us to come out and see and learn about their magnificient X-Plan. Would have been the perfect time to hit the ones that would listen. They actually did a good job on selling the plan and the vehicles, but I definitely will let everyone know that the x-plan isn't working exactly like they said at some dealerships but I will in no way steer them away from more honest dealerships. I will just tell them to double check the charges that are on their paperwork and if they find something that the x-plan doen't cover ask them to remove it, if they don't then don't wait to have to ask a second time. Just leave and file a complaint. Either the X-Plan needs to be changed in its wording or the dealerships need to be made to agree to it totally, not just as a starting point for a deal. To me the X-Plan was supposed to be a starting and ending point with only the tag/tax added. I will keep everyone posted as to if/when anything comes out of this. Also look for me to post some in the other sections of this forum as I am sure my wife and I will have tons of questions about her new ford since it is the first one either of us have every owned. If anyone knows the address that I can mail a written complaint to ford it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Eddie & Pamela