From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

D-Plan question

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/06 | 06:45 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Ed,

My step father just got a job at a Ford Dealership and has a D-plan pin he can use every 6 months. I read over your post on everything you need to know about plans.

Question is do I qualify as immediate family (Step son that doesn't live in same city)
Old 2/22/06 | 06:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Who's Eligible

Blue Oval Certified dealership employees and certain family members.
Dealership employees must be listed in STARS.
Two new products per calendar year may be purchased/leased.
Family members eligible to participate are the same as A/Z-Plan (previously defined). The following family members are eligible to participate:

spouse
parents
spouse's parents
sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
grandchildren
brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
same-sex domestic partners covered under the health care plan (same as it is defined for
health care coverage in the "Salaried Employee Benefit Bulletin #152", dated June 8, 2000.)
immediate family members of eligible same-sex domestic partners (same as it is defined above).

Cross-buying/leasing is allowed. For example, an employee of a Ford dealership may obtain a Lincoln or Mercury product and vice versa.
Vehicles should be purchased/leased from the sponsoring employee's dealership. However, if this is not practical, eligible relatives may purchase/lease their vehicle from any participating Ford or Lincoln Mercury Dealership.

You will have to prove your eligibility (your birth cert + mother's marriage lic, etc..) and find a dealer willing to accept it, but you are eligible.
Old 2/22/06 | 07:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Doesn't he have to wait for his stepfather to be employed there for 6 mos. before they become eligible for D-Plan? That's how it was when I worked for the Ford dealership.
Old 2/22/06 | 07:36 AM
Cobra Member

He has to be employed 6 months and then is eligible for [2] D-plan pin's per year.
Old 2/22/06 | 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thats funny, I have seen plenty of dealer emplyoees get cars on D plan in thier first weeks here(including me). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I even quit and came back and my dad bought one on plan from me about 3 days after I got rehired.
Old 2/22/06 | 08:46 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Thanks guys! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] This is great news. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I already have the X-plan eligibility through EAA, but using the D-plan will save me another $1K. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Waiting 6 months is fine since I wanted to wait until October anyway. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]