From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

2008 order questions

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/07, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 order questions

I want to order a 2008 GT in the next couple weeks or in early spring. I have a few questions, please and thanks.

First, here's what I want:
Vista Blue GT Premium, manual, IUP, 3.55 axle ratio, ambient lighting, chrome exhaust tips

1. Is it possible to get the Premium model with cloth seats instead of leather? I have leather now and although it looks nice, I can't STAND it. If I MUST have leather to get the premium, is there a leather seat that is solid on the back - i.e. without that swiss cheese lookin' like "aberdeen" stuff on the back surface?

2. Anyone have any up close pictures of the "stitched brow" and upgraded arm rests with the Premier Trim? Searched the internet everywhere and can't find any. Also, on Ford's website it says $0 for this option - how much does it really cost?

3. Can one of you guys sell me a car if I'm willing to travel, or am I stuck with my local dealers?
Old 10/22/07, 09:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
I want to order a 2008 GT in the next couple weeks or in early spring. I have a few questions, please and thanks.

First, here's what I want:
Vista Blue GT Premium, manual, IUP, 3.55 axle ratio, ambient lighting, chrome exhaust tips

1. Is it possible to get the Premium model with cloth seats instead of leather? I have leather now and although it looks nice, I can't STAND it. If I MUST have leather to get the premium, is there a leather seat that is solid on the back - i.e. without that swiss cheese lookin' like "aberdeen" stuff on the back surface?

2. Anyone have any up close pictures of the "stitched brow" and upgraded arm rests with the Premier Trim? Searched the internet everywhere and can't find any. Also, on Ford's website it says $0 for this option - how much does it really cost?

3. Can one of you guys sell me a car if I'm willing to travel, or am I stuck with my local dealers?
Hey Linda, how's it going? To answer your questions, here I go:

1) If you get a premium, Leather is standard. There is no way to delete it. To get cloth, you must get a deluxe.

2) The price of the Premium Trim Package is $395. I currently don't have a GT in stock with this option. If I did, I would post a few pics of it. If you do a search on the forums for Premium Trim, you should find some threads with pics in them.

3) If you don't mind the travel, I can sell a car to anyone in the country. Would be a great drive back from PA to Cincy! If you have the ability to get X-Plan, I'll order you the car at X-Plan. Good luck with your searching.
Old 10/22/07, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I should be able to get you some pics since I have that option.

I'll get it as soon as I can take the time.
Old 10/23/07, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=05fordgt;1029101]Hey Linda, how's it going? To answer your questions, here I go:

1) If you get a premium, Leather is standard. There is no way to delete it. To get cloth, you must get a deluxe.

Well bummer. Am I right that in order to get the 3.55 gears I have to have the premium?

3) If you don't mind the travel, I can sell a car to anyone in the country. Would be a great drive back from PA to Cincy! If you have the ability to get X-Plan, I'll order you the car at X-Plan. Good luck with your searching.
I'm hoping I can get an x-plan pin number from blue oval. I also have a relative that is retired from ford in dearborn MI but I have no clue if she can/will get it for me or not. Regarding travel, that's cool. I just want to buy my next mustang from someone who knows what the heck they are talking about. This will be my 5th mustang and 8th ford and I'm tired of playing the sales game. It's worth the travel to avoid it. Spring might be better though....
Old 10/23/07, 07:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by randy_tho
I should be able to get you some pics since I have that option.

I'll get it as soon as I can take the time.
Hey I really appreciate that Randy!!
Old 10/23/07, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

[quote=MustangLynda;1029772]
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Linda, how's it going? To answer your questions, here I go:

Well bummer. Am I right that in order to get the 3.55 gears I have to have the premium?

I'm hoping I can get an x-plan pin number from blue oval. I also have a relative that is retired from ford in dearborn MI but I have no clue if she can/will get it for me or not. Regarding travel, that's cool. I just want to buy my next mustang from someone who knows what the heck they are talking about. This will be my 5th mustang and 8th ford and I'm tired of playing the sales game. It's worth the travel to avoid it. Spring might be better though....
Hey Lynda, about the 3:55 rear, yep, you have to get a Premium. The only idea I can think of, is to order a Premium, and when the car comes in, go onto Ebay and see if anyone is selling their factory cloth seats out of a Deluxe GT. They aren't hard to switch. Its a thought.

Your relative who worked for Ford, he can absolutely get you a PIN number. Since he's a company worker, most of them get either 4 or 8 X-Plan pins a year. I'd give him a call to see if he can do this for you. And the drive. It not too far. My place is 25 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Trust me, I'm a car nut, so there won't be any issues there. You see what I own with the picture of my car for my avatar. Whenever your ready, give me a call. I'd love to chat for a few and would be thrilled to help out another forum member.
Old 10/29/07, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Jeff!! It was great talking with you this evening - you're a wealth of information!! See ya in March
Old 10/29/07, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have you seen the Premiere Trim yet?
Old 10/30/07, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Have you seen the Premiere Trim yet?
Nope, not yet!
Old 10/30/07, 12:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Jeff!! It was great talking with you this evening - you're a wealth of information!! See ya in March
The pleasure was all mine. Glad to be helping out a fellow forum member!
Old 11/1/07, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

The pleasure was all mine. Glad to be helping out a fellow forum member!
Hey I was reading on another thread here that the glass top roofs may become available in 2008? Know anything about this and is it available on the GT?
Old 11/1/07, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey I was reading on another thread here that the glass top roofs may become available in 2008? Know anything about this and is it available on the GT?
Yeah, I've been reading about it, but Ford hasn't forwarded anything to us as of yet. I really like this option. Would look KILLER in your car!!!
Old 11/1/07, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I've been reading about it, but Ford hasn't forwarded anything to us as of yet. I really like this option. Would look KILLER in your car!!!
Not totally sure what I think, although it would look killer with the vista blue and dark charcoal interior. I'm concerned about LEAKING, guess I would just have to get over that...
Old 11/2/07, 06:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Not totally sure what I think, although it would look killer with the vista blue and dark charcoal interior. I'm concerned about LEAKING, guess I would just have to get over that...
Hey Lynda, if the roof is going to be installed by Saleen somewhere in Detroit, I wouldn't worry a bit. Their Scenic Roof is well executed. A few members here have it on their cars and haven't had any issues.
Old 11/2/07, 08:06 AM
bar
GT Member

What's the latest a factory order can be accepted for the '08s (specifically the Job2, 2008.5 Bullitt)? May '08?
Old 11/2/07, 01:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bar
What's the latest a factory order can be accepted for the '08s (specifically the Job2, 2008.5 Bullitt)? May '08?
Don't have that date as of yet. Usually, balance out for orders are usually around May timeframe. Now, if your looking for a Bullitt, I'll let you know that all dealers will get 1 Bullitt. More than one will depend on their 2007 Mustang sales of each dealer.
Old 11/2/07, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe I misunderstand but isn't the allocation mix the same for a bullit as for the CS? If that is true than the bullit should be plentiful. Or do you mean that the first shipments will be every dealer gets one and then they will spread around just as the CS?
Old 11/3/07, 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe I misunderstand but isn't the allocation mix the same for a bullit as for the CS? If that is true than the bullit should be plentiful. Or do you mean that the first shipments will be every dealer gets one and then they will spread around just as the CS?
The Bullitt from what I have read, will be numbered to 7,000 units (with the number on a plaque on the STB under the hood. Every dealer will get 1 car, and after that, regional allocation is based on Mustang sales for each dealer. They won't be making 3,400 cars and sending them to all dealers, but within the Job2 date to the end of 2008 build, each dealer will get 1 car in that span of time. Just depends on when the dealer wants to order it.
Old 11/3/07, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

I understand that is for dealer orders for stock and any customer can order one for themselves from any dealer at any time.
Old 11/3/07, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I also thought I read it was mostly order only or something.

Anyway, here are the premier trimpictures as promised. The dash is dusty. Sorry. After cleaning the outside I was too tired to wipe down the inside.

I have PTP, and IUP, and comfort group.

Quick Reply: 2008 order questions