Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Track day videos: Palmer Motorsports Park in my 2014 GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/15, 05:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Track day videos: Palmer Motorsports Park in my 2014 GT

Spent a day at the brand spankin new Palmer Motorsports Park today - personally, I loved the track. Limited runout, but excellent flow and a real driver's course. I ran my "new" conti scrubs for the 2 afternoon sessions and had a blast. My phone acted up most of the day, so the only clean laps I captured data/video on were 1.59 (shameless youtube link below ) and I'm highly confident I got quicker by the end of the day as the track layout worked it's way into muscle memory. I'll go back - hopefully they get the dirt washed off the track and plant some grass so we don't have constant dirt blowing back on.

Good day - and excellent driving to the other guys who were out there.

Only difference in my car from my signature is I ran Raybestos ST47 front pads and Conti slicks 275/35/18 square setup today.

Palmer Motorsports Park - 2014 Mustang GT laps with Northeast Track Days May 8, 2015 - YouTube
"> Palmer Motorsports Park - 2014 Mustang GT laps with Northeast Track Days May 8, 2015 - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="384">
Old 5/8/15, 05:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh - and I had zero brake issues all day. First time ever. Maybe, just maybe, I've finally sorted the brakes out.

I love the Raybestos pads I have in right now... ST47 fronts and ST43 rears. Could not have asked for better performance today
Old 5/10/15, 10:51 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Awesome. Yes, they could use grass or gravel on the sides. But it looks great. Glad the car and your brakes are where you want them to be. My next track day is this Sunday, and I have a few brake fixes up my sleeve, too! I'll report after...
Old 5/11/15, 08:12 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Wow, that is a technical track, holly crap! You have to keep a cadence in your head to stay on top of it. I can imagine being quite mentally tired after 10 laps. Nice work though, and glad your brakes are solid.

Pete, good luck and I hope your brake fixes work as well! Let us know!
Old 5/11/15, 11:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Wow, that is a technical track, holly crap! You have to keep a cadence in your head to stay on top of it. I can imagine being quite mentally tired after 10 laps. Nice work though, and glad your brakes are solid.

Pete, good luck and I hope your brake fixes work as well! Let us know!
Yup, nice technical, fun track. I was extremely beat by the end of the day, but I'm also dying to go back and drive it again!!!

Just found some nice GT500 13.8" rear rotors to go on before my next event too Should help reduce temps a bit as my brake cooling setup will work better with them, plus lots more surface area... will be reporting back shortly