Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Speed Ventures 11/21/09 @ AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, CA U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/09, 10:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Ventures 11/21/09 @ AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, CA U.S.A.

I attended a Speed Ventures event once w/ Team Shelby c/o 281 MotorSports. I have to tell you it was one one the best things I have ever done with my stang. If you can attend this event I highly recommend it. It's not that expensive, when I went we got 4 track sessions each 20 minutes long. That doesn't sound long but it's plenty if your a beginner or novice. What's nice about this event you'll be in the company with other mustangs so you can shoot the chit w/ fellow drivers how you put the hurt on the import crowd. Forgive my lossy tape job below!

FYI from GTR High Performance...

Greetings Mustang Racers!
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are planning another Autocross race event at AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, CA on Saturday 11/21/09 in conjunction with Speedventures. Many of you have already participated in some open track or autocross type of events either on your own or with GTR in the past, so this is another opportunity to play with your car and sharpen your driving skills!
Speedventures has allowed GTR High Performance to organize a "club discount".
Here are the details:
10 or more drivers that sign up for the Autocross and we receive a $10 discount per driver. Normal price is $80, discounted price reduces it to $70. That is as cheap as you will ever find for Autocross event.

Speedventures also will have the ROVAL (big track) set up for those that are more adventurous and want to go faster. Pricing for this event is $189 per driver. If we get 5 or more in our GTR group, those drivers will get either a free garage or timing transponder for the event (which is a $20 value for either one).

At this point, I am gauging interest in those that want to go. Please email me so that I can get a head count if you are interested in racing/driving in the Autocross or ROVAL track. If you simply want to go and hang out and spectate, you are also welcome!

For more information, check out http://www.speedventures.com/ they have all the detail on their site. I would suggest not signing up just yet until I can get at least a rough count of how many drivers we will have. Remember, we will only be given the discount if we can meet thier minimum participants.
Thanks and let's go racing!
Ricardo Topete
GTR High Performance

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/29/09 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10/29/09, 12:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Jed, looks like Steve couldn't pass the ROUSH!

Old 10/29/09, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear that they put on a good event. I've heard good things about SpeedVentures from other people since I've moved out here.

Hmmm, Nov. 21... My track wheels and harnesses should arrive next week, I wonder if I can get the car ready to roll by then...
Old 10/29/09, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

*Threadjack warning*

While I have some So.Cal. attention, who would you guys recommend for a dyno tune in the L.A.'ish area?

Due to the really poor gas in Cali, I'm having some detonation issues that I've been able to tune out with my SCT, but would rather have it done the right way.
Old 10/29/09, 11:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Import-Slaya
*Threadjack warning*

While I have some So.Cal. attention, who would you guys recommend for a dyno tune in the L.A.'ish area?

Due to the really poor gas in Cali, I'm having some detonation issues that I've been able to tune out with my SCT, but would rather have it done the right way.
What I hear from a lot of trusted sources RET, Racer Edge Tunning> is the place to go. I plan to have Greg tune my car by the end of the year. Greg's a good guy and will tune your car to it's maximum and safe level based on your car's situation/setup. Ask TacoBill, & USMC0341 they both speak highly of Greg and have had RET work on their cars.
Old 10/29/09, 11:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Good to hear that they put on a good event. I've heard good things about SpeedVentures from other people since I've moved out here.

Hmmm, Nov. 21... My track wheels and harnesses should arrive next week, I wonder if I can get the car ready to roll by then...
I would say YES!
Old 10/30/09, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Jed, looks like Steve couldn't pass the ROUSH!

I could, I just wouldn't! Jed's a maniac behind the wheel.
Old 10/30/09, 02:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
What I hear from a lot of trusted sources RET, Racer Edge Tunning> is the place to go. ...Ask TacoBill, & USMC0341 they both speak highly of Greg and have had RET work on their cars.
Old 10/30/09, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys. RET it will be. Hmmm, I should really get those cams to make a dyno tune worthwhile.
Old 11/3/09, 10:42 AM

I may be out there with a few cars doing some coaching 3 BDX Mustangs and one Ferrari 360. Great track but have your brakes ready!
Old 11/7/09, 11:32 PM

I have always had a blast at SpeedVenture's events, and I'm glad to see others are enjoying them too!

I'm hoping to get out to an event around december with speedventures.

BTW, is anyone going to the Redline Time Attack at Fontana this weekend? I'm going to try and attend to support a friend who's on track to winning 1st in Stock Class.

Last edited by danbevsv6rumbler; 11/7/09 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11/10/09, 11:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure if I'll make the November event (time crunch and work heated up...), but I'm pretty sure I'll make the Buttonwillow event on 12/20.
Old 11/13/09, 11:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No offense buddy, but you should probably try to avoid the phrase "ready to roll"

I need to get out to some of the California tracks sometime in the future...

Last edited by 06GT; 11/13/09 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11/15/09, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
No offense buddy, but you should probably try to avoid the phrase "ready to roll"

I need to get out to some of the California tracks sometime in the future...
Bahahaha. True, so true...
Old 11/15/09, 11:10 AM

Not sure if I'll make the November event (time crunch and work heated up...), but I'm pretty sure I'll make the Buttonwillow event on 12/20.
Hmm that same event may even be feasible for me!

I'm hoping to swap in the 4.6 sometime next week...
Old 11/15/09, 03:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by danbevsv6rumbler
Excellent

Time to order some GT fascias from www.newtakeoff.com, and change name to danbevsv8rumbler?
Old 11/15/09, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by danbevsv6rumbler
Hmm that same event may even be feasible for me!

Nice! It'll be interesting to hear a comparison of the v6 vs. the v8 on the road course.
Old 11/17/09, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by 06GT
Excellent

Time to order some GT fascias from www.newtakeoff.com, and change name to danbevsv8rumbler?
Haha well the fascias can wait for now. In the time being I'll just be a sleeper

Nice! It'll be interesting to hear a comparison of the v6 vs. the v8 on the road course.
I'm pretty sure there will be nothing but positive things to say! I'm pretty sure with some better tires that little v6 could be running low 30s at SOW which would put it close to being competitive with stock s2000s lol. Not bad for a v6 though!

August was the last time I've been out, and since then all the money has been going toward this swap. The withdrawal symptoms are unforgiving

BTW, if you guys are interested, you can read into the whole swap (start to finish) here.

Last edited by danbevsv6rumbler; 11/17/09 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11/19/09, 06:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'll be there this Sunday racing, can't wait!!
Old 11/20/09, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm signed up for Buttonwillow. Since it is the last event of the year for SpeedVentures, they are giving SIX x 35 minute sessions (at a minimum) for the same price!! That is oh-so-reasonable compared to what I was paying for track time on the East coast.

Now I have to buckle down and finish the rollbar this weekend.

Quick Reply: Speed Ventures 11/21/09 @ AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, CA U.S.A.