Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Rara & Racer91

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/06, 07:44 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I've heard that the Mustangs have a new restrictor on your intakes this year? Can you confirm and/or deny? And if so what effects will (or did you in testing) it have this season? Also . . any more weight penalties this season? Or is it a carry over from last years end?

Good luck this season!!
Old 1/7/06, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, We are still in Florida, actually waiting for an early morning flight home tomorrow . . .

Anyway, it is true that we have been given a restrictor for the 05 Mustang. It sits between the throttle body and the intake manifold, and is basically just a plate with holes a little smaller than the throttle body openings.

The big hit with a restrictor plate is top end horsepower. It is definately a measure to try to slow the Mustang GT's down this season.

Weight will carryover as the end of last season, with no changes likely in the near future.

Thanks for the kind words! We had some issues with hardware this weekend, so we have some work to do to get ready for the race at the end of the month, but we are confident we will run strong; After all, we have taken the top of the podium at Daytona before . . .
Old 1/7/06, 07:51 PM
I talk to cones.

Brian,

What's your take on the new GTOs running and are they going to be able to get down to 3050 as the rules state? Do you think they are going to run away with everything since the M3s have gained 100lbs since last year in addition to the restrictor on the Mustangs?

Oh yeah definetely good luck, I hope you guys do well this season.
Old 1/7/06, 07:54 PM

It's really too early to tell with the GTO I think. The specs certainly indicate it will be a contender this year, and the one GTO I saw running this weekend was running pretty quick. But to say they will runaway with it is really premature. This weekend in testing, I believe the quickest time overall was a Porsche from BGB Motorsports, and the rest of the top times was a mixed bag of different types of cars. . .
Old 1/7/06, 10:07 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Good pics from Grand-Am.com: