Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

New suspension in - ready for the track :)

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/14, 06:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
New suspension in - ready for the track :)

Koni's are in along with SR springs, GT500 mounts, and Ford Racing jounce bumpers. Rear axle seems to be aligned correctly, will take it for a drive tomorrow and see if it settles/shifts at all. The adjustable panhard bar is hanging out in the garage just incase.

Have not driven yet, but I like the height quite a bit. Looks great in person. I'll get some better pics tomorrow when it's brighter outside

Before
New suspension in - ready for the track :)-oem_1.jpg

After
New suspension in - ready for the track :)-img_1045.jpg

Last edited by dmichaels; 5/2/14 at 06:21 AM.
Old 5/2/14, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much better stance! Glad you finally were able to get everything installed man. Now for the true road test! Let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Also, the SR springs tend to push the rear axle out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch to the driver side. It's pretty slight and you may not notice it at first. I'd still use the panhard bar to get it perfect if it were me.

Enjoy the new ride buddy!

Shane
Old 5/2/14, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I need to check the exact axle measurements, will get that done over the weekend. It's a touch lower than I think is ideal, but much much better than OEM.

Drove into work this morning, ride is not really any more harsh than OEM, but it's definitely dampened better. Seems to be better turn in, flatter in corners (only took 1 at any sort of speed...), and it's much more firm over speed bumps. But very good quality ride from what I can tell so far. It feels more locked down than OEM. The track pack suspension never felt particularly floaty to me, but there were times it didn't settle quickly enough for my taste. This setup seems to settle much more quickly. Will get some more street miles on over the next week and then some real miles next Friday. Can't wait to do some track testing.

I'll report back

Shane - I'll send in a couple pics for AM for before/after as well.
Old 5/3/14, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Looks like quite a bit of improvement. Can't wait to hear the full report!
Old 5/6/14, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dmichaels
I need to check the exact axle measurements, will get that done over the weekend. It's a touch lower than I think is ideal, but much much better than OEM.

Drove into work this morning, ride is not really any more harsh than OEM, but it's definitely dampened better. Seems to be better turn in, flatter in corners (only took 1 at any sort of speed...), and it's much more firm over speed bumps. But very good quality ride from what I can tell so far. It feels more locked down than OEM. The track pack suspension never felt particularly floaty to me, but there were times it didn't settle quickly enough for my taste. This setup seems to settle much more quickly. Will get some more street miles on over the next week and then some real miles next Friday. Can't wait to do some track testing.

I'll report back

Shane - I'll send in a couple pics for AM for before/after as well.
dmichaels,

I've always been very impressed with the ride quality of the SR spring and Koni STR.T combo. It's really hard to beat for how it performs on the track!

So whens the next scheduled track day for you?? Also, thanks for sending a few pics to our customer submitted pics sections!

Shane
Old 5/6/14, 05:48 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
You are not gonna believe how great the car will handle on a road course now. Enjoy!
Old 5/7/14, 09:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
dmichaels,

I've always been very impressed with the ride quality of the SR spring and Koni STR.T combo. It's really hard to beat for how it performs on the track!

So whens the next scheduled track day for you?? Also, thanks for sending a few pics to our customer submitted pics sections!

Shane
Headed to Limerock on Friday. Weather looks questionable, but hopefully I get at least one or two dry sessions... looking forward to it
Old 5/13/14, 08:22 AM
V6 Member

How did it work out at Limerock?
Old 5/13/14, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by cjd82187
How did it work out at Limerock?
Great! Posted my review of the suspension overninnthe "suspension" section of the 2011+ forums, but in short itnmade the car much more compliantn and confidence inspiring. Far less roll and dive and could feel the rear end stepping out in a more controllable manner. So love it!!