Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

HPDE Video from Moroso, West Palm

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/08, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HPDE Video from Moroso, West Palm

Disclaimer-before I get flamed. My Mustang was down and in the never ending search for track time, I took the cruiser (or should I say, bruiser) out to the track. Normally, this would be my 06 GT.
OK, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Hit the road coarse with my SRT at Moroso Motorsports Park in West Palm Beach, Florida with the Palm Beach Mustang Club track dawgs. A buddy of mine had a bullet cam mounted on the grill of his Mustang track car and took this video. It is a very interesing view as my car looks like a two story building when he gets up close. And speaking of close, as you can see, he and several Porsches had trouble keeping up with this old boy in his Saturday Night Special. (oh and disregard the race cars that made us look like we were standing still )
Enjoy. (volume is weak so turn it up)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYpsS059Gc

Last edited by fastduo; 4/25/08 at 03:46 PM.
Old 4/26/08, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fastduo
Disclaimer-before I get flamed. My Mustang was down and in the never ending search for track time, I took the cruiser (or should I say, bruiser) out to the track. Normally, this would be my 06 GT.
OK, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Hit the road coarse with my SRT at Moroso Motorsports Park in West Palm Beach, Florida with the Palm Beach Mustang Club track dawgs. A buddy of mine had a bullet cam mounted on the grill of his Mustang track car and took this video. It is a very interesing view as my car looks like a two story building when he gets up close. And speaking of close, as you can see, he and several Porsches had trouble keeping up with this old boy in his Saturday Night Special. (oh and disregard the race cars that made us look like we were standing still )
Enjoy. (volume is weak so turn it up)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYpsS059Gc

Nice driving and especially nice save on the chicane at about 1:50!!

How does it compare to the Mustang?
Old 4/26/08, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Import-Slaya
Nice driving and especially nice save on the chicane at about 1:50!!

How does it compare to the Mustang?
Thanks. I had turned off the Electronic Stability Control during that session because it kept interfering with my fast lap times. Everytime I would come out of the corners
"grandma" would shut the car down and it would feel like a bog on track out. It was doing exactly what it was designed to do but it was a little too intrusive so I turned it off. In that chicane, I sorta help the car rotate by clipping the curbing with the rear wheel and that time I just let her have it and you can see the smoke coming from the rear tires. It is a very tight corner with this car and it doesn't have a true posi so if I did't do that, it just wants to burn the one r/r tire coming on the exit.

Comparing this car to a Mustang. You cannot compare the two. This thing is huge!
Although it handles very well for a 4400 pound car, plus me and my student which are both over 6'5" and 300, we topped out at about 5000 pounds. We definately got the heavy weight award. Plus the tip-tronic or slapstick or whatever you want to call it, is so-so. It is more of a gimic in this car than a real usable manu-matic. It works, but not as well as a BMW or Acura's system. It also has brute force coming out of the corners and down the straights with the 425 HP and 400 ft lbs so it moves along well.
The Brembos were supurb and rarely showed any fade and I was driving it HARD!!!
I have the RS-A all season tires on it also, not the F1 pkg some of them come with so, this was a very limiting factor in the corners and sweeper. The tires were crying for mercy. With better tires, I would have run much faster laps. Overall, this is car that does everything well. It goes down the quarter at 13.20 stock, it has great brakes, it looks very menacing on the street with the coil overs set low low low.

For the track though, I'll take my Mustang anytime!

Last edited by fastduo; 4/26/08 at 06:42 PM.
Old 5/11/08, 09:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweet vid!

You weren't kidding about the volume being LOW
Old 5/13/08, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Sweet vid!

You weren't kidding about the volume being LOW
Yeah. Not quite sure why that happened with the volume. I think he had some sort of wiring problem because he has a bad a@@ camera system set up.