Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning
View Poll Results: Which car polish is better?
Zaino
47.11%
Meguiars
52.89%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Zaino vs. Meguiars...

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/06, 07:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Both Meguiars and Zaino are great products. I've used Meguiars on my past cars and Zaino on the 06.

Adam's car polish is one of our sponsors in my club. A few use Adam's (incl. our club President) and it really looks good too.
Old 9/19/06, 08:46 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like several of Adams products, mostly for doing a real quick detail for car shows once at the show
Old 9/22/06, 04:05 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrobello
wow no wonder your arguements in other threads are so off base often, you dont use reliable tests to gather your data. If the entire world were to like one thing over another it does not mean that it is better, just that everyone perfered it for some reason. How about doing a real scientific comparison between the two instead of a popularity contest?
I said it continues to maintain the lead (as in the poll). How is that statement inaccurate?

Take a Valium or something.
Old 9/22/06, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
I said it continues to maintain the lead (as in the poll). How is that statement inaccurate?

Take a Valium or something.
actually you said "And Zaino continues to maintain the lead...as expected." and since you started this thread in response to some of my (and other peoples comments) in another thread about which is better in order to prove that Zaino is better your comment here is for nothing other than to brag, since we can all see that it is apparently the favorite among those that voted. But you have nothing to brag about, because this doesnt make you right that it is better, simply more popular among those that voted. That is my point.
Old 9/22/06, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

actually you said "And Zaino continues to maintain the lead...as expected." and since you started this thread in response to some of my (and other peoples comments) in another thread about which is better in order to prove that Zaino is better your comment here is for nothing other than to brag, since we can all see that it is apparently the favorite among those that voted. But you have nothing to brag about, because this doesnt make you right that it is better, simply more popular among those that voted. That is my point.
Old 9/22/06, 05:34 PM
Closet American

actually you said "And Zaino continues to maintain the lead...as expected." But you have nothing to brag about, because this doesnt make you right that it is better, simply more popular among those that voted. That is my point.
I stated it is maintaining the lead in this poll, which it is. The rest of your statement - as it refers to mine - is largely irrelevant.

I was mistaken. Skip the Valium...reach straight for the Ativan.
Old 9/22/06, 05:35 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by SurfnSoCal
Wow, that's a pretty picture. Did you do that all by yourself?
Old 9/24/06, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

Nothing wrong with Meguiars or Meguiars NXT but it will not last as long as Zaino. I don’t have the links anymore but I had done a lot of reading and came across a site that had done some durability testing and its results were the NXT would give you a good 4 – 6 weeks of protection while Zaino would give you a good 24 – 30 weeks of protection, 3 coats of each product.

You can’t really compare prices because once you factor in durability, or how long one last compared to the other then price comes out pretty even.

The one factor I liked best about Zaino was you put it on by hand and buff it off by hand and get as good, or in some peoples opinion, better shine then Meguiars which generally requires a buffer to get the best shine possible.

I have never been comfortable with using a buffer especially on today’s painted cars where mistakes can look very bad. It doesn’t take much to get swirl marks and swirl marks can really make a vehicle look crappy.

There is no getting rid of swirl marks, other then wet sanding, so you constantly have to fill in the swirl marks with more wax.

If you’re applying a polish like Zaino by hand you greatly reduce the chances of introducing swirl marks in the paint.

So, excellent shine by applying and buffing off by hand a long with the best durability I decided 5 years ago to go with Zaino and I would never use anything else, at least not at this time. I have used Zaino on my daily driver vehicles and will put on 3 coats prior to winter. It still has Zaino on it after 4 months or so of winter with all the road salt and grime and on average of an automatic car wash once a week.

I have yet to see any wax or polish, including NXT, last all winter long…
Old 10/5/06, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Meguiars gaining ground... NXT
Old 10/6/06, 06:00 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Uh oh...its too close
<editpoll> Zaino=VoteCount(10000)<\editpoll>
<editpoll> Meguiars=VoteCount(2)<\editpoll>

:P

I'm stayin out of this.
I've seen both zaino and nxt + others...
they are all good
Can't we all just get along and start fighting over Mac VS PC
Old 10/7/06, 12:48 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Boomer
Can't we all just get along and start fighting over Mac VS PC
OK. Macs rule! PCs blow goats.

Old 10/7/06, 08:24 AM

Here's a desktop wallpaper for you PC folks.

I have both of everything! (PC and Mac, Zaino and Meguiars, XBox 360 and (soon) PS3)... It's all good!
Attached Thumbnails Zaino vs. Meguiars...-wish_i_was_a_mac.jpg  
Old 10/7/06, 02:43 PM
I Have No Life

Both of everything eh?

So I guess if someone tells you to go **** yourself... you can
hahaha
Old 10/7/06, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Both of everything eh?

So I guess if someone tells you to go **** yourself... you can
hahaha
Hey, I can only use one at a time! You should never mix the two.
Old 10/7/06, 04:07 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Hey, I can only use one at a time! You should never mix the two.
Like Nyquil and Dayquil
Old 10/11/06, 09:29 PM

Meguiar's works the best for me.
Basicaly it boils down to finding something you like and useing it.
Old 10/12/06, 02:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Personally all I've used it Meguiar's. I use the Gold Class and the NXT stuff on my Harley and have been nothing but impressed. I do plan on checking out the Zaino stuff and see what all the hype is.

Choice is a wonderful thing isn't it?
Old 11/18/06, 06:31 PM

Just reading this Forum as I've just used the Meguires Gold Class Wipes on my seats and it's terrible. The seats are now like skating rinks and a mirror finish you can now see what you had for breakfast. Trying vigorously to get this stuff off, it sucks big time.
Old 11/18/06, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

nothing but Zaino!
Old 11/19/06, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twozzie
Just reading this Forum as I've just used the Meguires Gold Class Wipes on my seats and it's terrible. The seats are now like skating rinks and a mirror finish you can now see what you had for breakfast. Trying vigorously to get this stuff off, it sucks big time.
well in fairness, you should never use any of the "short cut" products from any company, only a couple of them work well but never as well as doing it the hard way, wipes being a perfect example of this, they are meant for those that like to use the Mr Clean Car Wash, the Wax as you wash type of products that just clean the car and you are done in 10 minutes or less and dont really care as long as it doesnt look like a dumpster.

Id also like to point out that most of the people on this thread that have used Meguiars are comparing their consumer line to Zaino which would be considered a professional line since you have to order it. But that said for an over the counter product Meguiars Gold Class and NXT are great. But if you want a fair comparison you need to use their Mirror Glaze Professional line, most of which needs to be ordered like Zaino and if you do this comparison there is no mistake, Meguiars IS superior.

Quick Reply: Zaino vs. Meguiars...