Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Zaino help

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/06, 03:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help in desiding which Zaino kit to get! The custom paint is still fresh and has not had any wax on it yet! Over 14 coats of clear, so my question is which Zaino kit should I purchase to do my car? I have never used Zaino before, Come on Zaino pro's HELP! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 03:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to try it out without making a big $$$ commitment, then I'd get the Z2, ZFX, Z6, and Z7. You won't be disappointed.
Old 4/21/06, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1
Old 4/21/06, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nbk13nw @ April 21, 2006, 5:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
+1
[/b][/quote]

Which one do you put on first? Is there a certain step to start with first? :dunno:
Old 4/21/06, 06:37 PM
I lust for a M24

While you're waiting for the Zaino to arrive, buy some blue Dawn and wash you car. Then, wash it again w/ the Dawn right before you start to Zaino it.
You'll mix the Z2Pro and ZFX per the instructions. I'd do three coats. Then you're done.
Use the Z6 and Z7 is Zaino car wash and gloss spray (instant detailer). Just wash it with the Zaino car wash from then on and put on another 3 coats of Z2/ZFX mix every six months or so. Use the gloss spray when you drive it to a show.

Enjoy! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 21, 2006, 6:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
While you're waiting for the Zaino to arrive, buy some blue Dawn and wash you car. Then, wash it again w/ the Dawn right before you start to Zaino it.
You'll mix the Z2Pro and ZFX per the instructions. I'd do three coats. Then you're done.
Use the Z6 and Z7 is Zaino car wash and gloss spray (instant detailer). Just wash it with the Zaino car wash from then on and put on another 3 coats of Z2/ZFX mix every six months or so. Use the gloss spray when you drive it to a show.

[/b][/quote]

I know I keep seeing in the threads where people are putting on the z5,What is that?
Old 4/21/06, 07:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Z5 is used to hide minor swirl marks and scratches. With new paint, I don't think you'll need it. Z2 should be used after Z5 since Z5 doesn't give as much gloss. Two coats of Z2 are better than one of Z5 and one of Z2 on a good paint surface.
Old 4/21/06, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 21, 2006, 4:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you want to try it out without making a big $$$ commitment, then I'd get the Z2, ZFX, Z6, and Z7. You won't be disappointed.
[/b][/quote]
Exactly, what I did. Only 2 coats so far though. Next weekend maybe another two. Looks awsome though and water just sheets off of it.
Old 4/21/06, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 21, 2006, 6:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] <span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">NO!</span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

If you have a new paint job you need to let the paint cure for up to 30 days before you do anything to it. Ask your painter for details.

With new paint you do not need to use Dawn. All that it does for you is strip off old wax/Zaino and cleans the car pretty well. On new paint you should not have to prep. I believe Zaino has a "beginner's" kit. I'm a huge fan of Zaino products, but take the time to go to their website and read what they recommend.
Old 4/21/06, 08:28 PM
I lust for a M24

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ April 21, 2006, 10:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] <span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">NO!</span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

If you have a new paint job you need to let the paint cure for up to 30 days before you do anything to it. Ask your painter for details.

With new paint you do not need to use Dawn. All that it does for you is strip off old wax/Zaino and cleans the car pretty well. On new paint you should not have to prep. I believe Zaino has a "beginner's" kit. I'm a huge fan of Zaino products, but take the time to go to their website and read what they recommend.
[/b][/quote]

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">YES!</span>

His car was nearing completion of the paint back in February. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] By the the time the Zaino is ordered, shipped, and arrives he'll be fine. With the amount of time he's spent with his painter, I'm sure he's been given the care instructions.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=45582&hl=

The Dawn will also help strip any silicone that may have gotten on the paint from tire shine, etc. Use it, there's nothing to lose. Lastly, the Zaino 'beginner's kit' contains a lot of stuff he doesn't need if he just wants to try it. (ie Z5, Claybar, and a fancy sticker) That's why I said "If you want to try it out without making a big $$$ commitment".

However, it's agreed to read Zaino's site for great tips, especially on towels, removal stroke directions, etc. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 21, 2006, 8:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">YES!</span>

His car was nearing completion of the paint back in February. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] By the the time the Zaino is ordered, shipped, and arrives he'll be fine.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=45582&hl=

The Dawn will also help stip any silicone that may have gotten on the paint from tire shine, etc. Use it, there's nothing to lose. Lastly, the Zaino 'beginner's kit' contains a lot of stuff he doesn't need if he just wants to try it. (ie Z5, Claybar, and a fancy sticker) That's why I said "If you want to try it out without making a big $$$ commitment".

However, it's agreed to read Zaino's site for great tips, especially on towels, removal stroke directions, etc. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

OK, my assumption that since this thread was started today that all of the info in it was relatively recent. I still disagree that Dawn should be used on "new" paint. After the paint has sat for a while and is ready to be waxed, he should wash the car with a very mild car wash, then apply the Zaino. He should not need any Dawn, clay bar, or Z5 on a freshly painted car.
I personally always wait until I'm done with the wash/clean/wax of my car to put on any tire treatments. Then I work on the interior and give it time to dry well before I drive the car. But that is just my technique.
Old 4/22/06, 02:40 AM
FR500 Member

I personally think the Zaino claybar is important when you first receive your car, If you can keep the dealer from smucking things up before you receive the car. What you want to spend your money on is dependant on how big a thing it is to you, personally. I buy the Z2 and the Z6 and I am very happy with the results. I "dust" the car with A California "Duster" before I do anything (before I will drive the car). I use Mothers Back To Black for the trim. I can't stand a dirty car or dirty windows. I have seen posts on here, where the poster says "I don't ever let my car get dirty in the first place". (GOD and Lee Iacocca love him!) Anyway, my thing is, if you can set someting on the hood or fenders and it doesn't immediately slip off onto the ground, you need a Zaino polish job again . My polish job lasts about 2-3 months My thing is keep the car out of direct "hot" sunlite, esp. if you have the learther seating area.
Old 4/22/06, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wild stray @ April 22, 2006, 2:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I personally think the Zaino claybar is important when you first receive your car, If you can keep the dealer from smucking things up before you receive the car. What you want to spend your money on is dependant on how big a thing it is to you, personally. I buy the Z2 and the Z6 and I am very happy with the results. I "dust" the car with A California "Duster" before I do anything (before I will drive the car). I use Mothers Back To Black for the trim. I can't stand a dirty car or dirty windows. I have seen posts on here, where the poster says "I don't ever let my car get dirty in the first place". (GOD and Lee Iacocca love him!) Anyway, my thing is, if you can set someting on the hood or fenders and it doesn't immediately slip off onto the ground, you need a Zaino polish job again . My polish job lasts about 2-3 months My thing is keep the car out of direct "hot" sunlite, esp. if you have the learther seating area.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for all the responces, the paint job is about a month old. My painter still needs to sand it with 2000 grit and buff it. It has a little trash in it. Will the clay bar help remove some of the trash in the surface of the paint? So far he has done the rear trunk lid and the roof, He still likes doing the sides,fenders and hood. My 20inch Foose speedsters should be here sometime next week. Again thanks for all the help! James
Old 4/22/06, 05:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't claybar on the new paint. Claybar won't remove trash in your paint. Claybar removes things you really can't see. It removes basically road grime and other pollutants that stick to your car. Basically new cars are claybared because they sit on a lot after they are built, they then ride on a train, then a truck, all the while exhaust particles and everything else in the air is sticking to the car. Claybar does remove these particles. You won't necessarily have this build up on your new paint job.

Zaino's instructions seem impossible at first, but they are really easy after you read through them a few times. I called them and they were very helpful over the phone. Their product looks great on my 06 tungsten GT. You will love it, just omit the claybar procedure. This time next year or six months from now, or when ever you decide to re-Zaino your car, strip it with Dawn dishwashing soap, then claybar, then Zaino it again. Good Luck!
Old 4/24/06, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

One good reason to clay the car is rail dust from shipping. If buy chance there are contaminents on the surface, waxing / polishing can create micro scratches that will have to be dealt with later. So wash... clay... wash... Z5 (For filler is needed for minor scratching from the dealer sandy spnge wash)... Z6 or Z8 spray... Z2 Pro with ZFX (If not wait at least one hour maybe 2 for it to cure properly), z6 or Z8 spray, more Z2 Pro and admire your work!