Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Zaino - Again

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 07:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the car will be here soon (hopefully), and I want to lay a coat on it. Do I really need anything but the Z-2 Pro and the Accelerator? Money is a concern, thanks to Insruance, registration and downpayment all this month. On a new paint job, I wouldn't think I would need Z-5 or any others. If I need 80 different products, I think I may just drive to O'Reillys and get NXT.
Old 5/1/05, 08:09 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you need at a minimum the Z1, Z2, and Z6. You don't need the ZFX but it helps cut the drying down considerably. With ZFX you can cut the wait between coats to 30 minutes for a drying time instead of an hour or more. Plus if you get the ZFX you don't need to use the Z1. I used the Z1 anyway for the first coat because I wanted it right.

I recommend buying ZFX, Z2 and Z6. Don't bother with the clay bar unless your car is really dirty and has stuff on it you can't get off. Since your car is new don't worry about clay bar. Just wash it at least 2 times in a row with the blue liquid Dawn like they recommend and you will be fine.
Old 5/1/05, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@May 1, 2005, 8:12 PM
you need at a minimum the Z1, Z2, and Z6. You don't need the ZFX but it helps cut the drying down considerably. With ZFX you can cut the wait between coats to 30 minutes for a drying time instead of an hour or more. Plus if you get the ZFX you don't need to use the Z1. I used the Z1 anyway for the first coat because I wanted it right.

I recommend buying ZFX, Z2 and Z6. Don't bother with the clay bar unless your car is really dirty and has stuff on it you can't get off. Since your car is new don't worry about clay bar. Just wash it at least 2 times in a row with the blue liquid Dawn like they recommend and you will be fine.
WHat is the purpose of Z-6? Isn't it just a gloss intensifier? Or is it a finishing spray?
Old 5/1/05, 08:20 PM
Cobra Member

God I freakin' hate it when overactive moderators move things like this. There have been so many waxing/polishing threads that didn't get moved, but you are going to move mine? Yeah...I bet I get a lot of views and replies in "General Mustang Discussion -- Car Care". Geez.
Old 5/1/05, 08:35 PM
GT Member

Clay bar the whole car first..You dont have to get the one from zaino..but get one..lots of rail dust on these cars..the dealer wont do a good enough job getting it all off..Best to go over the car yourself..
Old 5/1/05, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd try the Meguiar's NXT. It's easier to get, and probably so close to the Zaino stuff that most of us couldn't tell the difference.

I use to always use the Meguiar's 3-step products, the #9 Swirl Remover, the #26 yellow wax, etc., but once I tried the NXT on my '05, that is the answer for me. It's super-easy to apply, and longer lasting than any other Meguiar's wax.

If you're not satisfied, then you can always switch to Zaino's. It's not like the NXT will hurt your car. But honestly, the stuff seems awesome, and is only like $13 a bottle.
Old 5/2/05, 05:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I think your question has been asked twice in the past month. You might want to check those threads.