Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/05, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This stuff is worth it's weight in Gold!!

For anyone who is a doubter, this is the greatest polish that I have ever seen or used. I went through a small rain storm while traveling over Memorial Day weekend and the rain was practically jumping off of the car. Withing 30 seconds of clearing the storm the car was dry and didn't have a water spot on it.

The clay bar and Z5 remove every single swirl mark or micro scratch for a perfect finish and the Z2 polish makes it so smooth that towels slide right off the car. I am now a true believer in this product. And it only takes about 1oz of polish to cover the entire car.

I would highly recommend this to anyone.
Old 6/2/05, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Man, your car looks great! Zaino is the best stuff ever!
Old 6/2/05, 05:28 PM

Your car looks hot!!I couldn't agree more about the Zaino. Just finished my first application yesterday... was really suprised at how the Zaino tire dressing makes the black trim just "pop"... I suggest hitting all your black trim with it... the side view mirrors, black trim above windows, etc... 2 coats on the tires is a must if you want the wet look.

Old 6/2/05, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Everything this good has something wrong with it, bet we'll find out it causes cancer in a few years
Old 6/2/05, 05:42 PM

One apparent downside of Zaino is that it apparently attracts groundhogs... lol... while I was polishing the wheels yesterday I hear the galloping sound of nails on my driveway coming towards me... I look over to see a big rat headed straight for me... I ducked out of the way only to watch a big ole groundhog dart under my car and just "chill"... was very odd... finally when I was finished detailing the car and needed to put the car back in the garage I tried to get him to leave... first, poked him gently with a stick and he just rolled his beady little eyes and moved to where I couldn't reach him... then got in the Mustang, started it up and hit the horn... again, I merely annoyed him... so I got out the hose... aparently he didn't care for a cooling jet of water and finally got moving! Lol... in a way, it reminded of the story/pics on the Zaino site of the goose who saw its reflection in someone's finish and kept pecking at it... so to be honest, be warned, it appears Zaino has the downside of attracking wildlife

I'm starting to wonder if putting penut butter on the brake lines wasn't such a great idea...
Old 6/2/05, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sillystanger@June 2, 2005, 7:45 PM
One apparent downside of Zaino is that it apparently attracts groundhogs...
That's one ugly animal!!!
Old 6/2/05, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TKEUofM@June 2, 2005, 6:36 PM
This stuff is worth it's weight in Gold!!

For anyone who is a doubter, this is the greatest polish that I have ever seen or used.
Beautiful car and finish!! Love the redfire....that was my 1st choice of colors, but changed to white.......Wanted something different!
Old 6/2/05, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know very little about the Zaino system, so this may sound like a dumb question. What series of products are needed? ... From what I understand by reading the website you would need Z18, (maybe Z5), Z2 pro, and (maybe Z8). Is ZFX required? :scratch:
Old 6/2/05, 08:57 PM

I know very little about the Zaino system, so this may sound like a dumb question. What series of products are needed? ... From what I understand by reading the website you would need Z18, (maybe Z5), Z2 pro, and (maybe Z8). Is ZFX required?
I'd recommend what I Initially ordered, which is the show car kit (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino).
I've used all the products in the kit (i.e. no throw-away products are bundled in). It included the following:
-Z5 - "base coat polish" as I think of it. Layer this until scratches are filled... Note: The Zaino "polishes" do not contain any abrasive materials. Z5 "gets rid" of scratches by filling them. I only did one layer as my Mustang was brand new.
-Z2Pro - higher optical quality polish used after Z5. Can layer as much as you want (within certain time-based restrictions). I did 2 layers.
-Z6 -Quick Detail (QD) spray. Used inbetween washings to give that just washed look and inbetween layers of polish (although I prefer to use the higher quality Z8 inbetween layers)
-Z7 -Car Wash - A neutral car wash to use when not trying to strip any product off.
-Z18 - Claybar - works nicely... I used diluted Z7 as lube.
-ZFX - polish cure accelerant thingy

It also comes with applicators necessary to apply the polish. Subsequent to my original purchase, I grabbed a bottle of Z8 (high-gloass QD spray) and a bottle of Z-16 tire gloss. People seem to love the Z8 over the Z6, but honestly I didn't see much of a difference on my finish from one to the other (especially to warrant the Z8 costing twice as much per bottle than the Z6). But, the Z-16 is a MUST! put in on any exterior black trim and you'll LOVE it! I'm still surprised at the effect! The piece of hard plastice above the windows glistens black right now! Two coats on the tires is my preference for the wet look. It's water-based and doesn't sling which is great (although it may only last through a few good rain storms from what I read).

Is ZFX required???? Short answer -No. But from everything I read you might just want to get it. By the way, I keep saying "from what I read". I guess I should name my "sources". If you're interested in any aspect of detailing your car, from product to process, Autopia.org is the site/forum to be! I lurked there for about a month knowing nothing at all about detailing and learned way more than I thought I would on this topic. In fact you might just want to go there and do a search on Zaino and you'll get way more info than you want. Just do a search on ZFX or any particular product and you'll be set. Anwways, back to the ZFX... it's supposed to reduce the cure time down from many hours to 20-30 minutes (highly variable depending on weather conditions - humidty/temp) and improve the shine. Honestly, if I weren't a fool I wouldn't probably order it again as I really don't need to improve cure time since I can let it sit in the garage until it's completed hazing over... plus it's 20 bucks for this super tiny bottle... I mean we're talking about something measured in drops (you add like 4-5 drops for every ounce of polish and mix in the 2oz bottles that come with the ZFX)... so, unless that stuff is liquid gold I really don't get it... again, I'm a fool so I'll probably repurchase it just in case it actually does improve the shine.

To sum up my recommendations: Zaino total protection show car kit, Z-16 tire gloss, maybe Z-8 QD, autopia.org. Get yourself some good cotton towels and you'll be good to go! (which is another advantage of Zaino... i.e. don't need a buffer as it's easy enough to buff by hand)

To save time and money, make sure to read Tips and Tricks on Zaino site... dampen applicators with water/QD and apply polish as thin as you can to prevent wasting of polish...

I'll attach a pic of all the products used on my car in case your curious... I'm pretty much happy with everything... again, I researched my butt off on all (course, there are a million other similar products out there that others are just as happy with):
Plastic lenses: Plexus
Glass cleaner: IG - Stoners Invisible Glass
Seals: 303 Aerospace protectant (the seals around my window were already drying out prior to applying this... odd... but this stuff leaves a nice protective coating)
Wheel cleaner: P21S Gel- great stuff!!! Non-acidic and with a little agitation from OXO brush did an excellent job!

By the way, I think it's a shame that these posts get moved to the car care area which most people probably forget even exists... I think more people in the main talk forum area would be interested in this thread instead of the 587 threads on build dates or x-plan (or it would at least add some variety)... ideally, it'd be great if these threads could live in both forums so that car care would essentially "house" the thread but it would still exist in main forum area where it could get bumped back to the top based on interest level... love this forum, but this drives me nuts!

Man did I go nuts with this post or what??? :shock: My apologies for the million typos which I'm sure exist but I'm too lazy to go back and look for!!!
Old 6/3/05, 05:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by sillystanger@June 2, 2005, 5:45 PM
One apparent downside of Zaino is that it apparently attracts groundhogs... lol... while I was polishing the wheels yesterday I hear the galloping sound of nails on my driveway coming towards me... I look over to see a big rat headed straight for me... I ducked out of the way only to watch a big ole groundhog dart under my car and just "chill"... was very odd... finally when I was finished detailing the car and needed to put the car back in the garage I tried to get him to leave... first, poked him gently with a stick and he just rolled his beady little eyes and moved to where I couldn't reach him... then got in the Mustang, started it up and hit the horn... again, I merely annoyed him... so I got out the hose... aparently he didn't care for a cooling jet of water and finally got moving! Lol... in a way, it reminded of the story/pics on the Zaino site of the goose who saw its reflection in someone's finish and kept pecking at it... so to be honest, be warned, it appears Zaino has the downside of attracking wildlife

I'm starting to wonder if putting penut butter on the brake lines wasn't such a great idea...

I love the straight on shot where he's showing his teeth. Poor thing...clearly this is a suicide attempt.
Old 6/3/05, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

groundhogs, that's funny.

Just finished clay barring my car today - Mother's California Gold, not Zaino. I wanted to use Zaino, but since I'm less than broke I figured the $20 for Mother's would have to do. Still plan getting and putting Zaino to the ultimate test, put it on before winter and see if it keeps some of the crud from caking onto my car.
Old 6/7/05, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sillystanger@June 2, 2005, 8:00 PM
I'd recommend what I Initially ordered, which is the show car kit (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino).
I've used all the products in the kit (i.e. no throw-away products are bundled in). It included the following:
-Z5 - "base coat polish" as I think of it. Layer this until scratches are filled... Note: The Zaino "polishes" do not contain any abrasive materials. Z5 "gets rid" of scratches by filling them. I only did one layer as my Mustang was brand new.
-Z2Pro - higher optical quality polish used after Z5. Can layer as much as you want (within certain time-based restrictions). I did 2 layers.
-Z6 -Quick Detail (QD) spray. Used inbetween washings to give that just washed look and inbetween layers of polish (although I prefer to use the higher quality Z8 inbetween layers)
-Z7 -Car Wash - A neutral car wash to use when not trying to strip any product off.
-Z18 - Claybar - works nicely... I used diluted Z7 as lube.
-ZFX - polish cure accelerant thingy

It also comes with applicators necessary to apply the polish. Subsequent to my original purchase, I grabbed a bottle of Z8 (high-gloass QD spray) and a bottle of Z-16 tire gloss. People seem to love the Z8 over the Z6, but honestly I didn't see much of a difference on my finish from one to the other (especially to warrant the Z8 costing twice as much per bottle than the Z6). But, the Z-16 is a MUST! put in on any exterior black trim and you'll LOVE it! I'm still surprised at the effect! The piece of hard plastice above the windows glistens black right now! Two coats on the tires is my preference for the wet look. It's water-based and doesn't sling which is great (although it may only last through a few good rain storms from what I read).

Is ZFX required???? Short answer -No. But from everything I read you might just want to get it. By the way, I keep saying "from what I read". I guess I should name my "sources". If you're interested in any aspect of detailing your car, from product to process, Autopia.org is the site/forum to be! I lurked there for about a month knowing nothing at all about detailing and learned way more than I thought I would on this topic. In fact you might just want to go there and do a search on Zaino and you'll get way more info than you want. Just do a search on ZFX or any particular product and you'll be set. Anwways, back to the ZFX... it's supposed to reduce the cure time down from many hours to 20-30 minutes (highly variable depending on weather conditions - humidty/temp) and improve the shine. Honestly, if I weren't a fool I wouldn't probably order it again as I really don't need to improve cure time since I can let it sit in the garage until it's completed hazing over... plus it's 20 bucks for this super tiny bottle... I mean we're talking about something measured in drops (you add like 4-5 drops for every ounce of polish and mix in the 2oz bottles that come with the ZFX)... so, unless that stuff is liquid gold I really don't get it... again, I'm a fool so I'll probably repurchase it just in case it actually does improve the shine.

To sum up my recommendations: Zaino total protection show car kit, Z-16 tire gloss, maybe Z-8 QD, autopia.org. Get yourself some good cotton towels and you'll be good to go! (which is another advantage of Zaino... i.e. don't need a buffer as it's easy enough to buff by hand)

To save time and money, make sure to read Tips and Tricks on Zaino site... dampen applicators with water/QD and apply polish as thin as you can to prevent wasting of polish...

I'll attach a pic of all the products used on my car in case your curious... I'm pretty much happy with everything... again, I researched my butt off on all (course, there are a million other similar products out there that others are just as happy with):
Plastic lenses: Plexus
Glass cleaner: IG - Stoners Invisible Glass
Seals: 303 Aerospace protectant (the seals around my window were already drying out prior to applying this... odd... but this stuff leaves a nice protective coating)
Wheel cleaner: P21S Gel- great stuff!!! Non-acidic and with a little agitation from OXO brush did an excellent job!

By the way, I think it's a shame that these posts get moved to the car care area which most people probably forget even exists... I think more people in the main talk forum area would be interested in this thread instead of the 587 threads on build dates or x-plan (or it would at least add some variety)... ideally, it'd be great if these threads could live in both forums so that car care would essentially "house" the thread but it would still exist in main forum area where it could get bumped back to the top based on interest level... love this forum, but this drives me nuts!

Man did I go nuts with this post or what??? :shock: My apologies for the million typos which I'm sure exist but I'm too lazy to go back and look for!!!

Thanks for the Info, Now all I have to do is order.....
Old 6/7/05, 10:31 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Looks great Ryan I know how nice it came out because I just did my redfire as well.
Old 6/7/05, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That groundhog is so cute man

Thanks for sharing the pics
Old 4/22/06, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Dude, you should've kept the groundhog as a pet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 12:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sillystanger @ June 2, 2005, 7:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
One apparent downside of Zaino is that it apparently attracts groundhogs... lol[/b][/quote]

What a hoot! I am glad you got photos. That is absolutely classic.

Around here we call 'em whistlepigs (for the noises they will sometimes make).

It's perfectly understandable. Your Mustang is a highly desireable starlet in the wild kingdom! Everyone wants to hang out with the beautiful and famous! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]