Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Well, I guess I'm one of YOU now...

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/05, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add me to the list of people who's 05 Mustang's have been in rain. :notnice:

I was driving home yesterday trying to beat the impending doom but got stuck on the freeway. Took me 25 minutes to go the last 1 3/4 miles to my exit. While waiting in bumper to bumper traffic, it started to sprinkle. I actually used my windshield wipers for the first time. :bang:

The rain stopped before we got going again, so at least I didn't get dirty water splashed up all over the undercarriage of the car. Man, I was trying to make it a year (which would be tough for sure, but not entirely impossible), but I only made it 4 months. Stupid rain, what good is it anyway?

Sean
Old 7/26/05, 08:11 PM
Cobra Member

Rain should be the least of your worries, how about those of us that live in snow country. In snow country you have to deal with very bad drivers that do not know how to drive in winter, packed snow, ice, freezing rain & road salt not to mention very large potholes as the result of winter driving. If you only had to suffer a little sprinkle consider yourself lucky. Rain, rain go away come on back another day.
Old 7/26/05, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Uggg...I feel for you man. Glad I didn't have a recording of my interior the day I got caught. Superlative central!!

Old 7/26/05, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had hail. I screamed at the top of my lungs for about 15 minutes stuck in traffic. I bet the people next to me thought I was a lunatic.
Old 7/26/05, 08:36 PM
Cobra R Member

I got hail and rain on the way to my sisters wedding, i was screaming as well, when i got out of the car, i looked around it like crazy checking for dents, i got lucky.
Old 7/26/05, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

:scratch: uh...Am I missing something? Who's keeping this list of wet cars? It's a car. You drive it, it rains, the car gets dirty, and you clean it. Ford doesn't make them out of tissue paper. They're steel. It requires extremely high temperatures to melt it. I'd love to have a museum piece vehicle under lights in my living room. Maybe on a turntable with scantily clad models around it pointing out key features? But that wouldn't be a car, would it? I bought mine to drive, and it gets quite dirty. Someday it'll wear out, and I'll buy a new one. It's cool. Also, rain grows food, and I enjoy eating.

Ok, hail would freak me out, too. :shock:

Sorry Sean, I just realized where you were from. I guess you don't see much rain out there, do you? My In-Laws live in Gilbert and my daughter goes to ASU. Nice place. OMG it gets hot, though!
Old 7/26/05, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

backafter20, ROLF!
Old 7/26/05, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Yea Sean,

I remember a few weeks ago I got rained on in Prescott when visiting. The only problem was I didn't know how to turn on the wipers, because I never used them. Got the rain again today. I can't believe how well this car handles on slick roads.
Old 7/26/05, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry, computer language illiterate here. Is "ROLF" good or did I tick someone off?
Old 7/26/05, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

backafter20!! thats some funny stuff!!!

ROLF... i think actually a typo from ROFL... means rolling on floor laughing, so no, you didn't **** anyone off
Old 7/26/05, 10:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by DraftHorsePower@July 26, 2005, 9:12 PM
backafter20!! thats some funny stuff!!!

ROLF... i think actually a typo from ROFL... means rolling on floor laughing, so no, you didn't **** anyone off
Or in pictures.
Old 7/26/05, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Trust me... your car has seen both rain and snow... OH NOES!!!
Old 7/27/05, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Wipers?....what are they?

Haven't used wipers in over 10 years thanks to rain x.
Old 7/27/05, 04:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hate the rain.
I've been caught 3 times now. Very light though. Hardly enough to make puddles in the street, but rain nonetheless.
I've had my '66 for 6 years and removed the wipers almost immediately. It has never seen a drop.
Old 7/27/05, 04:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by backafter20@July 26, 2005, 9:19 PM
:scratch: uh...Am I missing something? Who's keeping this list of wet cars? It's a car. You drive it, it rains, the car gets dirty, and you clean it. Ford doesn't make them out of tissue paper. They're steel. It requires extremely high temperatures to melt it. I'd love to have a museum piece vehicle under lights in my living room. Maybe on a turntable with scantily clad models around it pointing out key features? But that wouldn't be a car, would it? I bought mine to drive, and it gets quite dirty. Someday it'll wear out, and I'll buy a new one. It's cool. Also, rain grows food, and I enjoy eating.

I would only be able to use my car for 180 days a year if I didn't want it to get wet. Bloody temperate climate......

This is apic that will scare the Az people.... mud, snow....... (yes, I know it's not an '05....)

Old 7/27/05, 05:13 AM
GT Member

Ok I feel for you guys. This past tuesday, Steve took the 05 to work. It wasn't suposed to rain. I got home and saw the clouds move in, and he wasn't home yet. I heard thunder, and thoght he was going to get wet. Just before the rain started he came into town. He turned the corner to our court and it rained buckets. Wind blew leaves all over the car. The gaurage door went up and I knew he would be steamming out there. I went out to see how wet he had gotten. Too wet!!!. He was so upset. He said,"Well there goes all day saturday!" You see he takes all day to warsh, clean, and shine her so she is perfect. So I understand where they are coming from. They don't like to see them dirty.
Old 7/27/05, 06:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by azoufan@July 26, 2005, 10:07 PM
Add me to the list of people who's 05 Mustang's have been in rain. :notnice:

I was driving home yesterday trying to beat the impending doom but got stuck on the freeway. Took me 25 minutes to go the last 1 3/4 miles to my exit. While waiting in bumper to bumper traffic, it started to sprinkle. I actually used my windshield wipers for the first time. :bang:

The rain stopped before we got going again, so at least I didn't get dirty water splashed up all over the undercarriage of the car. Man, I was trying to make it a year (which would be tough for sure, but not entirely impossible), but I only made it 4 months. Stupid rain, what good is it anyway?

Sean
Ask the people (oops there are none) on Mars where it doesen't rain.
Old 7/27/05, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

9 months and counting. I missed going to a car show on Sunday because of the threat of rain...
Old 7/27/05, 07:05 AM
Cobra Member

Send your rain here. We are having the least amount of rain in a year in our area's history. Yesterday we got about an inch and that was the msot amount of appreciable rain we have gotten in over 2 months. the crops [we are a farming area] are devistated. The corn yield is going to be horse s**t and almost every lawn looks like dried hay.
Had to drive the vert home in the rain yesterday. The only worries I had were the road being slick and someone not being able to stop in time.
Old 7/27/05, 07:20 AM
GT Member

Rain is okay, car's been Zainoed no water spots rain just rolls off (do wipe her down after she's been garaged to get rid of any excess water)
Hail totally different story - knock on wood have not been caught in any hail storms.

Quick Reply: Well, I guess I'm one of YOU now...