Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Waxing Question

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/10, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waxing Question

Guys im have a weird thing when waxing my Red Candy. I wax it with Meguiares Gold Class plus.
I did one side of the hood, did the other side went back and removed the other side i did before and it leaves like the shadow of the wax i put on. No matter how hard i rubbed it still leaves the shadows.
Did i use to much? Did not leave it on long enough? I used Nu Finish on my other cars and never had a problem. Car is not that silky either.
Old 8/5/10, 05:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Rubbing harder isn't the answer (well maybe to some other problems ).
Did you try the Meguiar's Quik Detailer to clean up after?
I find that usually clears up leftover haze for me on the Redfire.
Old 8/5/10, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Guys im have a weird thing when waxing my Red Candy. I wax it with Meguiares Gold Class plus.
I did one side of the hood, did the other side went back and removed the other side i did before and it leaves like the shadow of the wax i put on. No matter how hard i rubbed it still leaves the shadows.
Did i use to much? Did not leave it on long enough? I used Nu Finish on my other cars and never had a problem. Car is not that silky either.
What was the air temp that day? Hot humid air can effect how the wax comes off.
Old 8/5/10, 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
I had that problem. I reclayed and rewaxed making sure it was cool to the touch before I started.
Old 8/5/10, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this same issue with the black finish on my 2011 using Meguiar's Gold Class and Mother's. I now use this Meguiar's pro wax with an orbital buffer. Flawless finish. Oh, and when it's applied with a buffer it wipes off without any pressure at all with a microfiber polishing cloth. I'll never use anything else.
Old 8/6/10, 01:48 AM
Cobra R Member

i find in this humid summer heat it best to do small section at a time...

with this mustang i used Meguiar’s cleaner wax...then finished it off with Meguiar's Quik Detailer (which helps with issues as you describe)

also a week or so back i tryed nufinish cling (a bit more work then mequires quik detailer...but really made my old paint look like glass)
Old 8/7/10, 09:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just a suggestion, but ditch the Meg's and try CroftGate USA's Quick & Slick. The depth that your paint will have will make your jaw drop. Check out this video on how it works:

http://croftgateusa.com/buy-croftgat.../quick-n-slick

To quote a friend of mine..."This s*** works!!!"
Old 8/10/10, 08:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT
Just a suggestion, but ditch the Meg's and try CroftGate USA's Quick & Slick. The depth that your paint will have will make your jaw drop. Check out this video on how it works:

http://croftgateusa.com/buy-croftgat.../quick-n-slick

To quote a friend of mine..."This s*** works!!!"
Just contacted them and inquired about the sample pack. I look forward to seeing how well and how this stuff works. Interested in the quick n slick
Old 8/10/10, 09:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
I just ordered a sample pack also. I can't knock the meguires stuff tho. Good stuff IMO. I am sure there's always something better out there.
Old 8/10/10, 01:48 PM

I had the same problem with Megs NXT. I found that if I left the car to get nice and hot in the sun, all of the shadows would disappear. Hard to do in the winter though...

Ultimately though I switched over to Zaino and haven't had a problem since.
Old 12/4/10, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mustang1979
Just contacted them and inquired about the sample pack. I look forward to seeing how well and how this stuff works. Interested in the quick n slick
So did you like it?

I love the stuff and there is also new stuff coming out all of the time.

No, I can't knock Meg's either. They make really good stuff and I have used them for years. However, when CroftGateUSA came along I took the time to listen and met Frank himself at the Mopar Carlisle event. After talking to him and seeing how truly passionate he was about car care (he's a Mustang guy to boot) I gave it a try and I'm glad I did. I've never looked back. Best of all Frank has become a great friend of mine and has introduced me to many more friends. If you ever get the chance to meet or talk to Frank, do it! He's is the coolest guy on earth.

Last edited by 1999 Black 35th GT; 12/4/10 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12/27/10, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Personally i lkke using turtle wax ice on my car. Its a 2002 black gt and i gotta say ice works great! I especially like the fact i can use it in the sun. I use the clay kit, liquid polish, an then the ice paste wax. When im prepping for a show though i try using dodo wax. That stuff beads like a champ, shines like a **** mirror, and lasts a pretty good while.
Old 12/27/10, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Make sure you use a THIN layer of wax; if you overdo it, it'll be harder to take off. And let it 'cure' (dry)... in the summer it usually takes 20-30 minutes, but in the winter with higher humidity, it might take up to an hour...

If you have time to spare, leave the wax on overnight so it dries completely, then take a clean MF cloth and wipe it away. Make sure to keep turning the cloth over or else you're just rubbing the wax back into the paint making streaks.
Old 1/1/11, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I just ordered a sample pack also. I can't knock the meguires stuff tho. Good stuff IMO. I am sure there's always something better out there.
Agreed
I used to be a turtle wax guy, but meguiars is simply outstanding! And croftgate is an amazing product. That quick andnslick is crazy! Ive used the meguiars gold class plus wax after using the smooth surface clay kit, all after washin the car with aquanil-x and topped everything off with some quick n slick. It looks like my car is a black mirror on wheels! And is smooth as glass

Granted earlier i said i used turtle wax for regular wash and dodo wax for shows but ive have since ditched that set-up

Last edited by Hawaii 5.0; 1/1/11 at 10:13 PM.