Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Want to try Zaino- what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/07, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Want to try Zaino- what do I need?

I want to try Zaino products..... but I'm alittle confused by what I need to get started. I currently use Mother's cleaner wax, then Meguiar's NXT on top. After that, I've had good luck in applying Turlewax spray-on clear shine.

I want to start fresh this spring- removing the old coats and applying Zaino stuff- so what do I need? They have like a zillion items........

Thanks.

Tom
Old 4/4/07, 06:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
wash
clay bar
wash
zaino
Old 4/4/07, 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dawn (helps remove old wax)
Z18 Clay bar,(spray bottle to lubricate area you are claying)
Z7 car wash
ZFX for the Z5 and Z2
Z5 (works great for swirl marks)
Z2
Z6
I have the Z8, it looks good, but is difficult for me to use. It is very sensitive to heat and humidity.
Z16 for tires and trim. It doesn't give a real glossy, slick shine to the tires, but it does NOT sling off of the tires onto your car like some tire dressing. I have noticed that it will run or bleed from the trim and mirror covers onto the paint after a rain or wash.It leaves an oily looking residue. Comes off with Z6.
Z9 and Z10 for leather make the car smell great and no oily feel, but some have noticed a "lifting" of color from the leather.
Zaino has some new products I have not yet tried. Hopefully others will post about their experience with them. I hope I didn't get my Z's mixed up!
I also use white towels as per Zaino. Cut off the trim.
Old 4/4/07, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 65205
Z7 car wash
ZFX for the Z5 and Z2
Z5 (works great for swirl marks)
Z2
Z6
I have the Z8, it looks good, but is difficult for me to use. It is very sensitive to heat and hummidity.
Z16 for tires and trim. It doesn't give a real glossy, slick shine to the tires, but it does NOT sling off of the tires onto your car like some tire dressing. I have noticed that it will run or bleed from the trim and mirror covers onto the paint after a rain or wash.It leaves an oily looking residue. Comes off with Z6.
Z9 and Z10 for leather make the car smell great and no oily feel, but some have noticed a "lifting" of color from the leather.
Zaino has some new products I have not yet tried. Hopefully others will post about their experience with them. I hope I didn't get my Z's mixed up!
I also use white towels as per Zaino. Cut off the trim.
+1, although if you go over the Z16 with a dry towel after you apply it, I find this aleviates the "running" or "bleeding" effect. I actually never used the clay bar or Z5, but the rest of the list works excellent.
Attachment 23192
Attached Thumbnails Want to try Zaino- what do I need?-zainopolishreflection.jpg  
Old 4/4/07, 10:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks guys...... so obviously a good wash and maybe a claying first.

Then, I need the ZFX to mix with either the Z5 or the Z2 (or both). After using the 5 or 2, I can top it with the 6. Or maybe top it with the new spray on shine- I was reading about it on their site.

So really at minimum I need to buy the ZFX, Z2, and the new top coat..... I have a good wash cleaner and Meguiars clay bars.

Thanks!

Tom
Old 4/4/07, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Then, I need the ZFX to mix with either the Z5 or the Z2 (or both). After using the 5 or 2, I can top it with the 6. Or maybe top it with the new spray on shine- I was reading about it on their site.

I get the best results from layering. Z6,Z5,Z6,Z5,Z6,Z5,Z6,Z2,Z6,Z2,Z6,Z8. Once it's got that great start,I maintain it by washing withZ7,dry it, go over it with Z6 and the Z8. I really am looking forward to posts about the newer products.
Old 4/4/07, 03:20 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
wash
clay bar
wash
zaino
no need to wash after claybarring, in fact if your wash methods arent flawless (which is almost impossible to achieve) then you can be defeating the purpose of the clay barring by putting dirt back on the car

Originally Posted by 65205
Z7 car wash
should never use dish soap to clean a car, there are plenty of car shampoos and body solvents that are designed to safely remove old wax

and you should wash then clay bar
Old 4/4/07, 04:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I always worried about a clay bar what if a grit got in there as you were happily rubbing away and scratching were to take place ? So I have only tried a clay bar once on the 05 GT and that was it, Do they really work that well ? thank-you. Ed
Old 4/4/07, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
no need to wash after claybarring, in fact if your wash methods arent flawless (which is almost impossible to achieve) then you can be defeating the purpose of the clay barring by putting dirt back on the car

should never use dish soap to clean a car, there are plenty of car shampoos and body solvents that are designed to safely remove old wax

and you should wash then clay bar
Mr. Zaino says Dawn, I use Dawn to wash first, then clay, then wash. How do you know my wash methods are not flawless? jk
Old 4/4/07, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey you may wash my car always & I'll stick up for you !
Old 4/4/07, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I always worried about a clay bar what if a grit got in there as you were happily rubbing away and scratching were to take place ? So I have only tried a clay bar once on the 05 GT and that was it, Do they really work that well ? thank-you. Ed
It's been my experience that you can "feel" when you've picked something up in the clay as soon as you hit it. Just pick out any visible contaminate. Turn the claybar often. If you drop it, throw it out.
Old 4/13/07, 10:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Just make sure you give the car a good wash. It's actually kinda fun using the clay bar.