Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Using Porter Cable standard pads

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/16, 01:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Using Porter Cable standard pads

Hello everyone. Two months ago I was using bath towels to dry my Mustang, so don't yell at me here .... Still learning.

I finally bought a Porter Cable polisher yesterday and it came with two standard, 1" thick foam pads with backing that screw right in to the machine. I also bought a lambs wool something but put that aside for a second.

I know what the real top professionals use, but I would really like to just use the pads that come standard with the P.Cable until they wear out. I'm not a fanatic yet and don't want to just throw away those new pads if I don't have to. I'm sure AutoGeek has something better, but I plan to use what I have for polishing and waxing (one pad for each) and then use my micro towels to hand wipe the residue.

My question is this: Will it be the end of the civilized world as we know it if I don't buy fancier pads for polishing and waxing as I learn? (Please say no.)

Now, about that lambswool pad ... I don't know how to apply it to the P.Cable. it has a velcro-ish surface on the back that I am guessing is used with a different backing pad than what I currently have. That's okay, as I don't really know what the lambswool is for anyway and it has no directions.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and expertise.

Rob
Plano, TX